David Prince

Break Throughs ~[Part One]~

iStock_000004698781XSmall.jpg

(;P Not a bad picture, eh?. . . He's not anyone famous, is he? Promise to comment if he is? ^^;)

A/N: Hello, readers! Sorry I haven't updated too recently; I was trying to finish writing this chapter for you ^^; Remember how I told you that I like having two chapters done at one time? This is the reason why =_=;

Anyway, enjoy!~

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ARON'S POV

"So my daughter's already go five handsome suitors at my door, hmm?" Mr. Prince says jokingly. Aron chuckles as the others also laugh at the irony. He gets an amusing idea and can't help himself as he says with casual innocence, "Actually, Mr. Prince, I think one of us wants to take a shot at - er, I mean, ah, try to get Starr's attention."

Mr. Prince raises an eyebrow and pulls his coffee mug away from his lips. Mrs. Prince also looks at Aron curiously. Amber snickers beside Aron. JR shifts in his seat. "Oh?" Mr. Prince asks.

DADDY'S POV

Knowing how kids like to tease each other about these things and how obvious they make it by nudging the person and giving them sidelong glances, Mr. Prince looks around at the guests to see who will slip up. But NU'EST's behavior surprises him. There's an admirable level of loyalty to the victim because, though Aron has plainly put someone on the spot, no one gives a clue to who it is. They all stare at Mr. Prince with composed expressions.

What a smart move, he thinks, thoroughly impressed.

AMBER'S POV

Amber has her forehead resting against the marble countertop and her hands pressed between her knees. She's also biting her lip. She will NOT betray JR. She REFUSES to give him away.

STARR

I peer around the corner, half hidden by one of Mother's potted plants. All the boys have their poker faces on and are staring at Daddy. Amber has her head on the island. Juliet comes in from the opposite entrance from me. Upon seeing the busy kitchen she stops and ogles our company. I frown at her from my invisible spot and step into the room. Mother, Aron, and BaekHo turn to look at me. I was hoping that I could go unnoticed while Juliet introduces herself, but BaekHo isn't that forgiving. = _ =

"Starr-ah!" he bellows, a glint of teasing in his eyes. "I see your properly dressed now, yah?" He laughs. Ignoring him, I head to the pantry for an energy bar; there's no way in Hell I'm going to shove my face with fatty breakfast food when I have five, hot pop stars in my house watching every bite that enters my big mouth. "Hey, you're wearing our colors," Aron states.

"What . . . ?" I ask, confused. He points to my outfit. "Pink and black is NU'EST's colors," he clarifies.

"Huh, funny how I chose this outfit with you guys here, then." I smile. I sneak a glance at JR and have to look away almost immediately, blushing. He's looking right at me and that's enough to make any girl melt but it's what he's wearing too. White skinny jeans, red high-tops, and a red vintage Pepsi t-shirt. It's so casual yet so . . . yummy. His hair hides his eyes, but then he brushes his hand across his forehead to reveal brown eyes that are gazing directly into mine.

I look away and my mind races. In one second all this runs through my head: Oh. My. God. Is my heart beating fast because of JR? I mean, I'm interested in him. I guess it's a mini crush. For God's sake, I've only seen him twice! Well, besides watching their MV a bunch of times, looking up their teasers, watching their show, watching their interviews with subtitles, and looking up things about them on Wikipedia . . . Dammit, I've turned into a STALKER!! But - but, I can't like JR that much . . . but he's sitting in your kitchen . . .  the guy doesn't even know my middle name . . . but he came back to see you, didn't he? . . . No! Amber dragged him here. I blink. Amber brought them here. That's all this is.

I mentally sigh in relief (yes, I'm aware that it doesn't explain my body's ridiculous reactions but I'm trying to suffocate that worry with a mental pillow in the face).

I look at the group in general. I giggle breezily. "Uh, sorry about my, um, outburst a while ago. I don't like sneak attacks." I look at Amber with raised eyebrows. She gives me a kissy face. "I love you, too!" she purrs.

* * *

David Prince looks over at JR, his face twisted skeptically. "You're pop stars from Korea, you say?" JR nods pleasantly, totally missing the doubt in my big brother's voice. Dave - nineteen - finally decided to get up half an hour ago. I punch his shoulder. "Jerk," I mumble. I get up off the couch I was sharing with him to sit next to JR. MinHyun and BaekHo are on the loveseat with Junebug in BaekHo's lap and MinHyun cooing to her in Korean. On the futon, Amber's sitting in between Aron and Ren. Aron's got his arm around her shoulders and she's laughing and pinching Ren's cheeks. He keeps complaining in Korean but what ever Amber replies with shuts him up. Juliet's in a heated discussion with BaekHo.

For some reason this atmosphere is comforting. It's so normal it surprises me. Who would've thought that I'd be lounging around in the den with famous people? It's interesting how life works sometimes.

David's still not convinced of NU'EST being real. "Uh-huh, and how many song do you have out?"

"Three," JR answers. Dave raises his eyebrows. That's my last straw on his -iness. I turn on the TV and Wii and get onto YouTube. Everyone's watching me. I type in 'nuest face mv' and turn up the volume as the music starts. Dave's face is expressionless. As each member appears up on the Plasma screen, Dave glances at them in the flesh briefly before gazing at the TV again.

When it ends I don't hesitate to click on the 'I'm Sorry (with lyrics)' video suggestion. As soon as that's over I pull up the intro song. After that's done, we silently look at the screen of related YouTube searches. A few awkward seconds pass. Then Amber whoops and begins to clap. NU'EST joins her a moment late. Dave narrows his eyes at the screen. I've seen that look before.

He doesn't like them.

It's not necessarily their profession or their performance that he doesn't like; he doesn't approve of the fact that they seem to be praising themselves. But Dave hasn't seen their show, Making of a Star. These boys clap happily for everything. Dave just thinks JR and the rest are conceited.

Oh boy. Dave's gonna get in my way of progress with JR. Amber's going to have to help me on this one -

Oh, crap, did I just say I needed Amber Steele's help?!