The Lake House

Break Throughs ~[Part One]~

8eb444fb8e8445f746ea6a14cd7df324832ef9b5

1-Lakeside-Cabin-in-Northern-Idaho-by-Ol

(Combine the two pictures above. The first picture is what the house would look like. The second picture is nearly an EXACT setting - only everything's expanded. Like the dock is wayyy over to the right; the steps are on the left and go up higher; the hill is a bit bigger with a nice, gentle slope; and the beach is much wider ^^)

 

MinHyun and I fall to the back of the line. I've cooled down enough to speak.

"I feel bad now," I begin.

"Why?" MinHyun asks. He's been waiting patiently for me to open up.

"For blowing up so drastically at everyone. Especially at JR, who I have no reason to be mad at. And it did seem like we were getting somewhere . . ."

MinHyun tries to hide his smile. "I saw."

I blush. "Yah . . . Do I have to start over now?"

MinHyun his head. "With JR? No, of course not. He's liked you since the first day; this little outburst won't change his opinion of you."

I blanch. "He's liked me that long?" I ask almost inaudibly. MinHyun pauses and then answers like it doesn't matter what he says anymore since he's already said too much. "I think so, yah. Remember that picture BaekHo and I sent you?"

I smile softly. "I still have it. It was a cute picture you guys took."

MinHyun nods. "The rest of the day he was quieter than normal – and JR-ah has a tendency to get hyperactive at times. We try to keep BaekHo out of the room when that happens." I laugh and MinHyun smiles at me. Rosie and Courtney glance at us momentarily before turning back, seeing that MinHyun can be trusted with me and that he could, possibly, be able to withstand my spontaneous wrath if I so happen to jump into one.

The dark curtain that's been drawn over me lifts a little once my laughter fades out. We trek in silence for a minute before I mutter, "Sometimes I wish I didn't get angry at all."

"That's an interesting thought," MinHyun muses.

"Well, you never seem to get upset. It looks like you just smile and brush it off. That or nothing bothers you at all."

MinHyun shrugs. "I'm just as capable of exploding as you are – but the things the kids say or do aren't meant to be hurtful. I guess I'm just more easygoing, is that what you say?"

I nod, thinking. "Yah, easygoing." MinHyun trips and instinctively reaches out to me for support. I grab his arm. When he rights himself, he says, "What was it that Aron said that got you so mad?" I sigh, ready to give a lengthy explanation, when he says kindly, "You don't have to tell me if you don't want to."

I smile at his politeness. "No, I'm okay. You're easy and comfortable to talk to. . . . Aron told me to 'chill'. I really really really don't like being told to 'chill'. I can go on all day with reasons why I hate it but that would be taking advantage of your kindness with exploiting you with my messy rage."

MinHyun laughs. "You have a way with words, yah? Just like Aron Hyung and JR; they write the lyrics of our songs." I already know this, but I nod like it's new information and so I don't look like a fangirl stalking them over the Internet. Instead I reply, "Well, I love words. I write stories, too, so I guess that plays into my speech sometimes."

"You write?" MinHyun asks, appearing curious. "What do you write?" I smile. "Just stories, fanfics, poems; I wrote a few amateur songs when I was younger." This gets MinHyun's interest and he flatters me with questions about my stories and my beloved characters that are like real people to me.

I'm enjoying MinHyun's company and our conversation so much that I don't notice that we're out of the woods and on a sandy beach until the sun glints off the water and blinds me momentarily. Rosie yells to the sun, "AT LAST! I CAN SEE THE SKY AGAIN!!" We all laugh and yell too, and pretty soon we're all running in the sand towards the pretty lakeside cabin up shore. Amber gets to the door first and as soon as the door is open, we all trample in, eager to change into our swimming suits.

Rosie and I find an empty room and quickly claim it, slamming the door shut and locking it. We swiftly change. I brought a one-piece. I anxiously wait to see what Rosie brought and instantly feel relieved when she slips on a pink one-piece, too. I'm sure that Courtney and Amber will be strutting around in bikinis, but if Rosie did too, I would've blown the roof.

When we come out of the room, everyone's swarming the kitchen. The boys are raiding the place like it's their last day on Earth and I'm sure there will be nothing for us girls unless we get in there.

"Hey!" I yell, elbowing past BaekHo. He got his hands on a family-sized trail mix bag. Rosie and I dunk our hands in as we delve deeper into the big kitchen. It's ridiculous. JR's eating chocolate pudding out of the mixing bowl, Aron's making a third sandwich, MinHyun is digging in the cabinets, and Ren has a huge bag of Doritos in his arms. Courtney tumbles out of nowhere and shouts. "YO! HEY! We females over here need to eat too, ya selfish morons!"

"Here, catch!" Aron calls. He tosses her a box of granola bars.

No. He. DIDN'T.

"Alright, that's it!" "Move outta my way!" "You think we can survive on this, Aron??" "I want me some real food!" "Do you WANT us to turn into sticks?!" "I don't want this healthy stuff!" "MinKi, toss me some chips!" "Ya-ah! Oppa, give me some pudding!" "MinHyun's running away!" "What's he got?" *Gasp* "HE FOUND A BAG OF CANDY!!!" "Whoa, what?? And the face of the group is not even going to share it with his own members?!" "Yah, MinHyun! As leader, I order you to stop!" "Someone catch him!!" "Give your maknae some!" "CANDY!" (<-- Rosie)