Relationships

Break Throughs ~[Part One]~

A/N: Hey, readers, I'm finally back. Uh, well, I don't know if none of you just haven't read the update calling for your help or I haven't given you guys enough time to actually check your updates, but only Alice sent me ideas through my email and now I have the next three chapters lined up and ready to roll ^^; I swear, everyone needs an Alice in their life. I can't live without her anymore. I LOVE YOU SO MUCH, ALICE! AND FOR MORE THAN JUST HANDING ME STORY IDEAS ^^;

I also want to send my compassion to rosebub6200, who I'm calling Rose/Rosie forever after, and a shout out to Cotton who makes my heart soar with her comments on how my updates make her day. Love to both of you. As for the rest of my subscribers, you're all silent readers. At first I didn't mind, but come on now! Please give me some feedback; you've warmed up to the story by now, haven't you? Talk back to Amber, show some love to JR, cheer Starr on!

Anyway, here's my update to my lovable readers! <3

P.S., The first sentence is just thrown in there to kick an unneeded character out ^^;

P.S.S., The chapter picture? Yah, that's right: THAT'S NU'EST'S NEW ALBUM, COMING OUT JULY 11TH, Y'ALL!!!! XDD

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At some point, Juliet decides to split to catch a ride to the movies with a girlfriend. I'm talking with JR.  He's telling me how much different America is compared to his hometown, Kangwon-do. The conversation's a lot more interesting than it sounds. But we're - aggravatingly - interrupted by Amber's wail of "I'M SO BORED! I want to play a game!" She smiles and snuggles up to Ren, her head on his shoulder, and looks up at him adoringly. Their hands are entwined but Ren is looking anywhere but at their holding hands or Amber's face. "What do you want to play, MinKi?" she asks. Ren's face is blank but a light blush appears on his cheeks.

JR chuckles beside me. "He likes her," he says in an undertone that only I can hear. "I'm sure he does, but he keeps denying it to himself. He'll complain but he never pushes her away and he looks irritated when Amber and Aron . . . play too much." He smiles and shakes his head. I tilt my head. "'Play'?" I ask. He points past me and I turn back around.

Aron has his arm around Amber and is wearing a mischievous grin. "How about, hmm, I don't know, Seven Minutes in Heaven? Only if I get locked up with you, of course." He winks at Amber. I narrow my eyes. What the hell? Then he scoops her up bridal style. She shrieks and flails and pounds on Aron's chest. "No!" she laughs, "My first kiss goes to MinKi and MinKi alone! Save meeee!" she calls to him, but Ren isn't even paying attention to them. "Oppa BaekHooooo!" she tries instead. BaekHo grins toothily and waggles his fingers in a 'bye-bye' motion. She gasps and laugh-screams, "You bastard!" just as Aron opens the hall closet and shoves her in. He shuts the door behind himself.

I don't know if it's just me or what - but there's a stunned silence radiating from at least me and David.

I hear muffled thuds behind the door but no voices. For some reason JR, BaekHo, and MinHyun (and I think Ren too, actually) are quietly counting in Korean. I know they're counting because BaekHo and MinHyun are ticking off fingers.

Then -

"AHHHHHHHH! OPAAAAAAAAAS! IT'S A TICKLE ATTAAAAAACK!"

"Twelve seconds," Ren announces - softly, of course. Everyone laughs while I'm staring at the closet door in horror. I start to stand up to rescue my best friend, but JR touches my shoulder. I look at him. "We got it." He gestures to BaekHo and himself. I sit back down, frowning. They go over and yank the door open, making a bigger commotion. I hear Dave make a disgusted sound. I ignore him.

I notice MinHyun gazing towards the TV den's entrance disappointedly. I glance back and see Junebug's tail disappearing. I kind of want to forget this recent episode of Amber suddenly being kidnapped into my hall closet, so I get up and sit where BaekHo was sitting not five seconds before. "Do you like cats?" I ask MinHyun. He looks at me, startled by my appearance. Then he smiles and I'm struck with how . . . how pretty he is. He's so tall too; he could be a model!

He laughs. "Yes, I've actually been a model before. Me and Len." I freeze. Did I just say that out loud?! Holy crap . . . "Uh," I stammer. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean -"

"It's perfectly fine," he says with a forgiving and kind smile. "And I love cats. I have six back home."

"Wow! Five? We can hardly keep her in check." We chuckle. "She's a Persian, yah?" he asks. I nod.

 White%20female%20Persian2.jpg

"She's beautiful," he says. "We have two tabbies, a Siamese, and American Wirehair, and a Cornish Rex. Gorgeous cats . . ."

I'm intrigued with this mix. "What colors are the tabbies?"

"We have an orange, grey, and a blue."

"A blue? How beautiful!" I'm subconsciously scooting closer to MinHyun in interest. He smiles and takes out his phone. "Yah. She's a silver spotted British Shorthair. See?" He shows me his iPhone's screen. Showing on it was a pretty blue cat. "Wow . . ." I sigh in appreciation.

countrycurls_spotapuss_of_nite_wind_4_cc (Sliver Spotted British Shorthair)

Orange_Tabby_Cat_On_Balcony.jpg (Orange tabby)

grey-tabby.jpg (Grey tabby)

 

siamese.jpg (Siamese cat)

cornishrexcat.jpg (Cornish Rex (it looks like the Siamese, I know, but it's fur is, like, curly, I think))

We continue to talk about cats for the next minute or so as we wait for Amber to be rescued. Then BaekHo reappears with Amber on his back. He crouches and disposes her onto Ren's unsuspecting lap. Ren exclaims and curses. I figure that he's cursing because he is practically spitting at BaekHo. JR and Aron are laughing. However, he doesn't shove Amber off - though he has his hands on her hips like he's going to her off at any second. She leans back into his chest. "Yah!" he yells, spitting out her hair. "MinKiii . . ." Amber coos. "Why didn't you save me from the big bad wolf?"

"You don't need saving," he mutters.

"Hey!" BaekHo bellows. "Let's play Truth or Dare. JR-ah, are you going to play this time?" JR shrugs and moves to the floor next to where BaekHo's sitting, too. JR looks at me and I try not to squeal at his dazzling smile. He pats the spot beside him. "You're going to play too, right?"

I blush. The last time I played Truth or Dare, I ended up being forced to tell my crush that I liked him. Like, legitmately forced; those girls were threatening me with I forget what, thank God. But anyway, I freaked the crush out a bit. But I can't chicken out when JR's shamelessly - but obliviously - using all his weapons on me: his to-die-for smile, his hair that he lets flop over his eyes, and the brown eyes that are peeking through. I slip off the couch and join him on the floor.

Dave gets up abruptly. "I'm thirsty," he announces. "Okaaay . . ." I say, looking at him weirdly. Why'd he say that so freaking loudly?

AMBER'S POV

Amber isn't sure about Starr, but she sees the annoyance and glint in David's eyes. He really doesn't like NU'EST. "I'm thirsty, too," Amber chirps, jumping out of MinKi's lap. She follows David to the kitchen. When they're out of everyone's view, Amber grins softly up at David. She hops up on the counter next to the sink while Dave opens the cabinet and retrieves two glasses. He fills one with water and ice and holds it towards Amber. He won't look at her. She takes the cup and sips the cold water. He fills the other glass and leans his back against the fridge. He's gazing out the sliding doors to the backyard.

Amber finally breaks the silence. "So why don't you like them?"

Dave shakes his head slowly. "It's just something about them; it's like they think they're better than everyone else because they're famous and foreign."

"I'm famous and foreign in Korea."

Dave ignores her. He grips his glass. "And Starr likes one of them."

Amber raises her eyebrows. "She told you?"

Dave finally meets her eyes. "So I was right??" he exclaims, but not loud enough for the others in the den to hear him. Amber nods. "Dammit," he hisses. They're silent for a few seconds. Then he ask quietly, "Who is it?"

Amber contemplates the consequences of telling him. Dave was good at being subtle - most of the time, at least. If he were to bring it up with Starr, he would make it sound like he just guessed who she liked and not that he was told. Besides, why would Starr blow her top about her brother knowing? "JR," she finally replies.

Dave makes a shocked sound. "That punk?! Why would she -

"David."

"What!"

Amber gets off the counter to stand by him. Dave has moved so that he's by the sliding doors. She says, "David, I've spent the last four years of my life with JongHyun, MinHyun, DongHo, MinKi, and Aaron. I think I'm a better judge of their character than you are. Or will ever be." David's lips set into a hard line. "They're the most genuine people you are ever going to meet. They protect what they love and anything's that important to them. And while they're at it, they protect the things that are important to the ones they love, too."

Amber stands there for a second more before she turns around to leave. As she's walking away she says, "Their hearts are pure. Their charisma can overpower even the love you show and give your sisters."

"Amber Steele."

Amber stops in the hallway and gazes behind her. His back is still to her.

"Don't ever say that again." David Prince's voice is dark.

Amber continues to walk out of the room.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: In case it's not clear, Dave's telling Amber never to talk like she's belittling his love for his sisters again.

JJJJJJJJJJJJJRRRRRRRRRRR:

JR-nuest-30503169-367-550.jpg

AND HIS FREAKING DAZZLING SMILE. THIS IS MY WALLPAPER ON MY PHONE AND EVEN THOUGH I SEE IT A HUNDRED TIMES A DAY JUST CHECKING THE TIME, I ALWAYS STOP AND STARE, AND I FIND MYSELF MELTING AND SMILING WITH THE PICTURE BELOW. IT'S NOT EVEN THE MOST FABULOUS PICTURE OF HIM BUT I LOVE IT AND HIM SO MUCH ANYWAY <<<<33333

tumblr_m69ia8KTuf1ry97ono9_500.jpg (God, he has such perfect teeth; my MOM pointed that out to me xDDDD)

I LOVE YOU ALL SO COMMENT!!!!