The Fountain

Break Throughs ~[Part One]~

We aren't far from the fountain. We can hear the trickling of water before we see the stunning sight of silver, onyx, and pearl marble glittering magnificently in the sun that streaks through the glass ceiling. The fountain is a huge circle rim with water spewing from the Cupids' cocked arrows and streaming down Aphrodite's long hair and flowing dress. A tree carved out of the stone casts shadows across the pretty little scene as sun filters through the marble branches.

"Alright," I sigh leaning against the rim of the fountain. I feel the chill off the water on my back. "Let's have it, boys." They're getting into formation when they suddenly stop and look at each other. BaekHo says something - I assume now that it's Korean - and JR nods, considering what BaekHo said. He launches into a series of hand waving and gestures.

While they're doing that Mellisa shoves one of her ear buds into my ear. It catches on my earring. "Mel!"

"Sorry." She doesn't sound sorry at all. "If they're doing the choreography for 'Face', then we should listen to the song while we watch." Courtney straightens up. "Great idea!" The girls dig into their purses for iPods.

I hear a voice over the din of the mall. Aron shouts, "We don't have the props we need for the first part so we're going to improvise and start at Ren's first solo." Sasha, Bonnie, Mellisa, and Courtney all fast forward to that part of the song.

When I look back up, NU'EST are in position again. JR starts counting. We can't hear him but when we see him mouth "four", the iPods begin playing 'Face'.

I can't move.

The moment the song and dance start, I'm captivated. Ren's voice fills my ears as I watch him softly sing the words to keep in time with the beat in his head. Their movements are easy, fluent, timed in synch with one another, and mesmerizing. I find myself gazing as JR the most even when it's not his solo I'm listening to. During the interlude, JR gets in front of the group; the way his body and hands moves make it look like he's controlling the other members' every movement.

When his last part comes around, he raps for real, right to us. So does Aron.

Then it's done.

My girlfriends get up and cheer obnoxiously. They whistle, clap, scream. I notice for the first time the small crowd that formed around where NU'EST was dancing. I see girls taking snapshots with their phones and expensive cameras. They giggle and point and wave and try to get the boys undivided attention.

I haven't moved yet.

The boys bow to the crowd and wave in it's general direction. They shuffle up to us, sweaty and panting, their beautiful skin flushes, but they're smiling with teeth, even emotionless-faced Ren. The adrenaline of the dance had rushed through them, leaving them drained.

After the girls pause in their praise, JR looks down at me. "Happy birthday! Did you like it?"

I stare up at him blankly. Then I shoot up and wrap my arms around his neck; his arms automatically circle my waist.

"It was the best present I've ever gotten, JR. It rocked. I've never been so impressed in my entire life." I slide back to look him in the eye. "Thank you so much." I smile warmly - and it probably lets on what's going on in my thoughts than it should have. We both blush. JR's inviting lips tilts up a little as he lets his eyes drown me. His face is close enough to feel his breath on mine. I take in his scent and feel a disturbing urge to bury my face in his neck. He just smells so damn good . . .

I jerk my head towards MinHyun. "You guys all made my day. Infinity times thank you!"

I am all too aware of my body slipping through JR's reluctant hands as I walk past him to hug his band members.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Hello everyone! I want to thank my readers/subscribers for reading my story; it's very encouraging! ^_^ Second, I want to say that I won't be updating Break Throughs until after this week. I have exams all week, but next weekend I'll probably have chapter four up. So don't give up on me, please! And if anyone happens to find a picture that best describes the fountain featured in this chapter, would you be so kind as to send me the link? > w < Thank youuu~

Daisy Blue