Starry Night

Celebrity Romance

Ami's POV:
 

I stood speechless after the boys left. When Anh Hai kissed my cheek and felt a little flutter in my heart. But when Siwon... Siwon...

"Ami!! Are you home?!" I heard my mother call.

"Yeah!!" I rushed out of the room to greet my mom. "Hi Mom! How come you came home so early?"

"I got finished with work early," she smiled. "Did you cook something? I smelled something like fried rice..." she headed towards the kitchen.

"Uh, yeah! My friends came over to hang out for a little bit. We cooked fried rice together!" 

"Wow, really?! Everytime you guys cook, it turns out to be a mess!"

"Char has been practicing in the kitchen lately. That's why I guess this time it was better!" I laughed nervously.

"Alright, well since it seemed like you guys ate a lot, don't eat too much for dinner, ok?"

"Yes, Mom. Well, I'll go get started on my homework now~"

I grabbed my backpack and went back inside my room. After closing the door softly, I jumped onto my bed, checking my phone. 10 missed calls from Char earlier today, and a text message from an unknown number and Siwon.

I opened Siwon's text message first.

Hey Ami~ Got out safely :)

Don't worry about me finding a place to stay at for now. I guess I'll be staying with Han Geng in the meantime.

See you later~

 

I sadly smiled. I guess Siwon won't be here tonight... Wait, why am I sad!? I'm not supposed to be sad!! I mentally smacked myself. Ami Nguyen! Get a hold of yourself!! OK. Let's check the other text.

MiMi, it's Anh Hai :)

This is my number, so make sure to save it into your contacts, ok? I'll be staying at a nearby apartment. If there's anything you need, don't hesitate to call or text me :)

<3

 

Oh! So that's Anh Hai! I quickly saved his number onto my phone. Then I called Char.

"Hey, Char?"

"Hey girl, wassup?"

"If my mom ever mentions your cooking skills, just say you've improved a bit."

"Ami, what happened when I was gone?"

"Hehe... Well Han Geng cooked Beijing Fried Rice and we kinda forgot to clean up before my mom came home."

"Jeezus! And what's your excuse to her?!"

"Um... You improved on your cooking skills...?"

"Ami, you are soooo dead with me tomorrow!!"

"Love you, Char! I'll buy you Starbucks tomorrow~"

"Starbucks!? Okay. I forgive you."

I laughed. Char's obsession with Starbucks never fails to surprise me.

"Oh, by the way, Char. What happened to my car?"

"Your..... car?"

"Yeah. No one drove it home for me."

"Oh..... Totally forgot about that~"

"Char!!!"

"Hey! No worries, girl! It's probably safe at school. I'll call Andy for him to tell the deans that your car was accidentally left behind."

"Ugh! Fine, then! If there is ONE, TINY LITTLE SCRATCH, I WILL KILL YOU."

"Why kill me?! I didn't do anything wrong!"

"Jk, jk! Gotta go! Bye~"

"Ciao~"

I did a face-palm. Why do things have to be soo complicated?

 

Han Geng's POV:

"Yeoboseyo?" I picked up a phone call during the drive to my apartment.

"Han Geng?"

"Oh, Dae Hyun."

"How's your mission so far?"

"It's going well nicely."

"Don't think that you can do anything even if you've been here before. We're watching you."

"I'm following what I've been told. As long as I complete it, everyone will be satisfied."

"We'll still be watching."

The line went dead. Sigh... I looked out my window to the sunset red sky. I wish I could get away... Go somewhere far... Anywhere...

I swerved in the parking lot and got out of the car. Locking it, I walked up to my small apartment. Luckily I saved enough money to last me a few months here. I hoped that we wouldn't have to go back to Korea so soon.

I plopped myself onto the couch. Ah... There's nothing really to do without Ami... I wish I could go steal her away and we can go together somewhere...

 

Siwon's POV:

Ok truthfully, I have no where to stay. My text to Ami was a lie. I certainly didn't want to stay with Han Geng. I didn't want to feel any tension and staying with him would probably be a bad idea for me.

I drove aimlessly on the streets, contemplating on what I should do. I didn't want to stay at a hotel. It was too expensive. Living in an apartment or condo didn't seem that bad, but I wasn't quite attracted to it. Being a freeloader with Ami is bad... but hey, at least I got to stay with Ami~

In the meantime, I guess I'll go buy some more clothes to survive for a month. I turned to drive toward Paradise Mall. And maybe I can surprise her with something, I smiled to myself.

 

Ami's POV:

It was almost 10pm when I was finishing up my homework. I wrote down my last few notes and slammed my books down on the ground.

Freedom!! I punched the air joyously.

"Ami! Time to go to bed!"

"Mom!!" I whined. "It's not that late!!"

"It is! Go get ready for bed!!"

"Aish!!" I stomped towards the bathroom to get ready for bed.

"Ami, are you done? We have to pray now!"

"Coming!!"

I joined my parents in the living room for prayer time. After we prayed together, I closed my eyes to say my own personal prayer.

Dear God, tonight I hope that I'll be able to see... Wait... Who DID I want to see?! What was I going to say? Agh! I'm going crazy! Well, God, I hope that I make good decisions and have a good night's sleep. Amen.

I got up from my kneeling position and said goodnight to my parents. I carefully closed and locked the door.

Sigh... I opened my window to look at the bright starry sky. The star twinkled and danced. I've always yearned to be as carefree and beautiful as them. I stretched out my hand to the sky.

"Wishing to be a star?" a voice asked.

Han Geng stepped out from the shadows with a smile on his face.

"Anh Hai!" I whispered in surprise.

"For you, since you love  the stars," he opened a small box. It was a star shaped necklace.

I gasped. "Oh! It's so pretty!" I said in delight.

"Here, I'll put it on for you."

"Before you do that, come inside first."

I pulled his hand for him to climb into the room. I thought he was going inside, but instead he was the one who pulled me out.

"Hey!" He settled me ontop of the brick pathway that surrounded the plants.

He chuckled. "Stay outside here with me and enjoy the beautiful night~"

"Alright."

"Let me put the necklace on for you."

As he clasped the necklace on, his delicate fingers slightly touched my neck, and my face grew a little warm.

"There," he turned me around with a satisfied face. "You look wonderful with it."

"Thank you," I gave him a hug. I was suddenly lifted from the ground.

"We wouldn't want your little feet to get wet from the grass." He walked over to the patio.

"Aren't you so considerate."

"Hey, I've been considerate all my life!"

"Not that know of~"

He gently put me down. "See, isn't it better to watch out here than from your room?"

"Yeah, it is," I agreed.

 I saw two towels on the ground.

"Did you prepare that for tonight? Where'd you get the towels?"

"It's a secret~" he said with a devilish smile.

We sat beside each other on the towels.

"Yah, don't go stealing from my house!" I lightly hit his arm.

"I didn't! It's from my house!"

I paused for a moment. "Eh. I guess that's believable."

"You guess?"

I giggled and I wrapped my arms around his arm, resting my head on his shoulder. "You know I love teasing you~"

"I know, I know," he murmured.

We gazed up at the stars for a few more moments.

"Hey, let's dance," Han Geng suggested.

"I don't know how to dance! Plus I don't have any shoes on."

"Then lean on me," he said, pulling me up to my feet. He carefully positioned my feet on top of his and supported my back with his arms.

"It's okay if you don't know how. I'll teach you, but for now, just lean on me."

"I won't lean on you. I want to look at you. I want to see that face that I haven't seen in years." I wrapped my arms around his neck, looking up into his eyes.

I felt us slowly move to whatever song he was humming. It seemed like a pretty nice song. Kind of like a ballad or lullaby. We smiled at each other, comfortable in each other's arms.

"Since when did you get to be so beautiful?"

"I'm not pretty at all."

"To me, you are the most beautiful girl out there. Just like a star," he smiled.

"Hey, aren't you going a little overboard there, mister?"

"It's true! You are, to me!"

"Hmm? Then prove it to me~"

I didn't realize that we had stopped dancing. His gaze softened and he slowly bent his head down. Closer and closer his face inches apart from mine. His lips crept closer and just when his lips were almost touching mine, something inside me snapped. It was like some kind of red alert, I had no idea why I felt like that. I pushed him away, flailing backwards, but he caught me and pressed his cheek against my cheek.

"Oh, little MiMi, did you think I was going to kiss you? Aw, you're such a naughty girl," he whispered teasingly in my ear. 

"N-No I didn't think that! You're way off!" I stuttered.

He chuckled and scooped me up bridal style.

"I was going to give you the eskimo kisses we used to give each other!"

I mentally scolded myself at my idiocy. How could you forget, Ami?! You did that all the time with him when you were younger! And you assumed that he was going to kiss you?!?!?!!!! Get a grip, girl!!!

"C'mon, let's go back inside your room. It's cold and I don't want you to get a cold."

He bent down to pick up the two towels and I grabbed it from him.

"I'll hold it."

"Alright." We headed back towards my room. He let me down gently into the room.

"Sorry...that I pushed you earlier..." I mumbled.

"Hmm? What was that? I couldn't hear you~"

"Sorry that I pushed you and that I was acting immature!!"

He pulled me towards him and gave a kiss on cheek.

"You're forgiven," I felt his smile. "But as punishment, you have to let me stay here with you tonight~"

I sighed. "Arasso..." I moved so that he could climb inside.

"Since when did you start speaking Korean?" he asked,  throwing his shoes out the window.

"Since ever," I replied, laying on my bed. He laid down beside me, and let me use his arm as my pillow.

I turned towards him, snuggling up into his chest. "You know I missed you a lot ,right?"

"Yeah. I know," he replied, my hair.

"How come you never wrote to me?"

"I did. Maybe it got lost in the mail or someone hid it. Who knows?"

"Yeah... Who knows?" I began drifting off to sleep.

"Goodnight, Anh Hai..."

"Goodnight, Ami. Sweet dreams."

I heard him mumble something, but I couldn't hear. I was too tired. I sank down into a deep sleep.

 

Han Geng's POV:
 

Whew.. That was a close one. I almost let myself get ahead of me. If I kissed her, what would have happened? She would've hated me forever!! But I wished I could've kissed her though...

"Goodnight, Anh Hai..." she whispered, interrupting my thoughts.

"Goodnight, Ami. Sweet dreams.."

I slightly paused. "I love you," I murmured.

 

 

Hey! Ok sorry I lied. I'm kinda procrastinating with summer homework and I wanted to write instead. Yeah... I'm a horrible student T.T Hope you liked this chapter though!! I think. THINK! It's my official goodbye today... Unless I'm procrastinating again and not doing homework.... XP

Comments? Please and thank you~