Giving Up

Teaching the Cold-Hearted Luhan to fall in Love [Editing Process]

   

   

“How did you know that I’m here? Did you bring someone with you? Why aren’t you eating lunch with them?” you asked Kris continuously.

He only chuckled. You frowned, “Yah, did I say something funny?”

He laughed even more. You raised an eyebrow, “Are you crazy? Laughing without a reason?”

Finally, he stopped laughing and faced you. He smiled, “Now I know.” he said. “Mwo?”

He shook his head the stared at the scenery in front, “You like him, don’t you?”

“Eh?”

“You like Luhan, right?” he asked as he faced you. You looked away, “Of course, I like him. He’s my bestfriend.”

“Oh come on, we both know what I mean by that question. You like him as a guy, am I right?”

“Stop asking me that kind of nonsense question.”

“How come my question is nonsense? My friend is involved here and also you that considering as my friend too. Will you just answer my question? You only need to give me a YES and a NO answer. Is that really hard for you to choose between those answers?”

You remained silent. *It’s actually hard, Kris..”

“Okay, I’ll repeat my question. Do you like Luhan as a guy?” he repeated.

Still, you remained silent.

“Okay, I think I already know the answer. Silence means YES, right?”

You let out a sigh, “Yes, I like him.” you said in a low voice.

Kris looked at you in surprise. He didn’t expect that you will admit it. “Then why did you let him to be with Qri?” he asked.

You closed your eyes, “I like him, I really like him and I hate the fact that I’m giving him to Qri but I need to.”

“What? Why? Are you sick or something?” he asked.

That question made you chuckled. “You’ve watched many dramas, Kris. I’m not sick okay. I have a healthy body. Tsk!” you rolled your eyes.

“Then why do you need to do that?” “It’s a secret.”

He raised an eyebrow. You smiled, “I can’t say it to anyone. You should contented now that you know that I like Luhan.”

He rolled his eyes, “I already knew about that.”

“But how did you know?”

He paused and slowly faced you. He smiled, “It’s a secret.” You made a face, “Psh!”

“Do you really want to spend the whole lunch time here?” he suddenly asked. “That would be better for me.”

He nodded in understanding.

“You, aren’t you going to eat lunch with your friends?”

“Oh right! I’ll go ahead now.” he said and started to walk away. “Kris, wait!” you called.

He stopped looked back at you, “About me liking Luhan,” you bit your bottom lip. You were about to continue your sentence but Kris did it for you.

“Don’t worry, I’ll keep it as a secret.” You smiled, “Gomawo.”

“No problem.” he was about to go but you stopped him once again. “Wait!”

He looked back again, raising an eyebrow. “Can I ask you once more?” you asked. He nodded, “Go on.”

“Why did you went here?” you asked. “Because I want to be sure about your feelings for my friend. Honestly, I didn’t expect that you would admit it.” he chuckled, “You know what?”

You looked up at him. He smiled, “You’re the one that I want for Luhan not that Qri girl.” after he said that, he completely left.

You titled your head, *He wants me for Luhan and not Qri? This is the first we had a serious talk but he chose me than Qri? Why? Didn’t he notice that Luhan likes Qri? Psh! I really don’t understand that guy.*

You smiled, *Well at least he wants to support me though I already gave up to fight for him...*

---

All the classes were ended. All the students headed to their respective dorms and you were one of them.

As you were walking on the way to the dorm, an arm suddenly linked on your arm.

You turned to your side, “Ohh.. Qri..” She smiled, “Can I walk with you again?” she asked. You nodded, “O-Of course.”

“Did you already talk to your teachers?” she asked. You smiled and nodded, “They understand.”

“That’s good. I thought they will give you punishment. Good thing, they didn’t. I was worried about you.” she said. You smiled, *She’s really nice. I won’t regret chosing her to be with Luhan.*

“You don’t have to worry. I’m alright. You, how’s your time with Luhan?” you asked.

“Good. I’m very happy that he was nice to me and I’m glad that we’ve got a chance to spend time together.” she said with a giggle.

*I shouldn’t be ask her about this. I only hurting myself more and more..* you sighed.

“Wae? Are you sick?” she asked worriedly. You immediately shook your head, “Ani. I was just tired a bit.” you excused.

“Ohh.. So sad, I really wanted to tell you how happy I was..” she sadly said. “It’s okay. You can still tell me about it while we’re walking.” you snapped. *Aigoo! What did I said again?*

She smiled, “Cheongmal?” You forced a smile and just nodded. You don’t have a choice anymore, you couldn’t say no.

“You know what? Actually, I’m very surprised when Luhan approach me when you went to the rest room this morning. I can’t believe that he talks to me. I was so speechless that time but he said that I can speak and don’t be shy. Then I suddenly chuckled by that statement. It was simple but when Luhan said it, I can’t help it but smile. I never felt this kind of feeling before. Only Luhan did this to me. That feeling made me happy.”

You decided to remain silent. *She really is happy..*

“Also, when my pen suddenly dropped on the floor, he took it for me. I thanked him and he smiled at me. That time, I know I’m blushing. Oh my gosh! I think I’m in love..”

You froze, *She already fell in love with him...*

“Sooyoung? Are you okay?” she asked when you suddenly stopped on walking that made her stopped also.

You snapped out your thought and faced her. “Oh.. Gwenchana. It’s just that, my head is aching.” you said as you touch your forehead.

“Is that so? Let’s hurry then so you could rest now.” she said. You just nodded.

After few minutes, the both of you finally reached the dorm. “Go inside now and rest. You’re making me worried. Take care of yourself, ne?”

You only nodded and forced a smile. She gestured you to go inside. “Gomawo, Qri.” you said.

She chuckled, “You don’t have to. I didn’t did anything. Just go inside and rest, ne? I’m going now, see you tomorrow.”

You smiled and nodded then opened the door. You were about to enter the dorm but suddenly stopped. You glanced at Qri once more, *Don’t be too nice to me. You’re making it hard for me to hate you. I should really give up now...*

With a sigh, you completely entered the dorm.