The truth

My Angel

You were strolling down the park with Changjo and Ricky after your dance practice.

"Moontos is so lucky." Ricky said feeling jealous.

" Wae?" You asked.

" Duh, he gets to hang out with the most beautiful girl ever." Changjo replied frowning.

"Chill guys. You still have me! The most adorable girl ever!" You joked. " HA-HA. so funny. How can a girl like you call yourself adorable." They laughed. You just frowned and made a sad face. usually you don't mind them teasing you. But you became sensitive since Jongup rarely hang with you.

" Do you guys know that new boy sitting next to me?" You asked them.

" You mean Sungjae?" Changjo replied.

"No, that new janitor. Duh, who else" you rolled your eyes. 

" Well, we don't know him. but moontos does." Ricky said.

" He does? No wonder."

"No wonder what?" 

" Well, in class that day sungjae was trying to talk to Jongup. But Jongup avoided him. Did they have some kind of past or something?"

" Well, we do know a bit..." 

"What? How come I didn't know?"

"It's kinda a guy thing. You won't understand."

" Wow, dudes. This is the first time you guys kept a secret from me. Or is there more?" You said curiously.

" Well, you can ask moontos yourself. Or if you're brave enough ask Sungjae" 

"I hardly see moontos. and sungjae? dude. He is like my worst enemy.Come on guys. Just tell me. You know you can trust me. Don't kill me with this curiousity" 

" I'm sorry. but we kept a promise to moontos not to tell anyone"

" oh, alright then" you sighed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dance Studio

You were dancing by yourself trying to forget about Jongup and Soyeon. Trying to enjoy yourself for a while. Thinking about your grandma. wanting to make her proud. You didn't notice someone was watching you standing by the door.Then music that reminds of Jongup suddenly came up. You guys had your own kind of dance to the music. You stopped. You tried not to cry. But tears came down your eyes. You started to cry silently. Suddenly you felt someone holding your hand and handed you a handkerchief. You thought it was Jongup. But you were shock to see Sungjae. You wiped your tears.

"Yah! What are you doing here? You can't just but in someone's dance studio!" You shouted at him.

" Yah! This is my uncle's dance studio babo!" He shouted back. " You know, You're a girl. and girls can cry. Just let it out. Don't hold it anymore" He said in a sweet voice and put his handkerchief on your hand. " Use it. It may be useful" he smiled and walked towards the door.

You were startled. You never saw his kind side and his smile. 

" Yah! Sungjae." You shouted to him.

"Yes?" he replied

"Can you just stay here for a while." you mumbled trying not to look at his face.

" umm, sure. I-I think I can do that" he replied suttering.

he sat next to you while you cried. 

" I know how you feel" he whispered to you. You looked at him. "what?"

"I know how you feel losing a bestfriend." he answered. 

" I didn't lose my bestfriend. I just-"

" He rarely hangs with you right?" he said looking at the floor.

" I guess so. I miss him badly. We've been bestfriends forever. but now." tears fell from your eyes again. 

" We used to be bestfriends" he said. " what? who?"

"Me and Jongup. We were best mates. until.."

"Until?" " We started to fight."

" about what?" " You" you were startled. 

"me?" what did i do?" you asked.

" It wasn't really your fault. But I hated you. You know, you stole my bestmate. "

"Yah, I'm sorry. I-" you held his hand trying to comfort him. " It's okay. As I said it wasn't your fault. I just couldn't accept you as his bestfriend"

"Can you just tell the whole story?" 

Sungjae POV

I sat by the playground looking at Jongup and a little girls palying on a swing together. I was too shy to play with the girl. I find her cute. but at the same time I felt jealous. How can my bestmate play with someone else. Who is going to play punching with me after this? There was so many negative thoughts in my mind. 

The next day I looked for Jongup at his house. His mother said he went out to play a few minutes ago. I knew he must be waiting for me at the playground like he always does. when I reached the playground I saw Jongup playing with the little girl again. I approched them but Jongup ignored me. When the little girl went home. I punch Jongup. I didn't know why. but i felt angry. Jongup was shocked but manage to punch me back. we started to have our nose bleed. and then I shouted " I hate you!" to Jongup. Jongup didn't know what he did wrong. I just went home.

The next day, I had to move to a different town. My father had to exchange there. I didn't say goodbye to Jongup. Jongup felt sad and angry about what had happened. he regret everything. Then he received a letter from me.

mail i wrote:

Dear Jonguppie

From this day. We are no longer bestfriends.

I hate you and you should hate me to

From, your ex-bestmate Yuk Sungjae.

I don't know why I did that. Maybe because I was still a little kid and know nothing. But i regreted everything. I never behaved well at school. My father moved back here. but he didn't bring me back. so i behaved more badly just so i can be back here. That's the reason why.

--------

You didn't know that someonelse was suffering while you were happy with Jongup.

"I'm sorry" You said to Sungjae.

"It's okay. It was my immaturity that made me do that" he said laughing. " hey, want me to show a few dance moves"

" You can dance?"

"dude, I'm Jongup's master at dancing"

" You're joking right?" you chuckled. 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maths class

The teacher wasn't in class. He told your class to study by themselves. You were answering question in the book trying to ignore the intimacy between Jongup and Soyeon. Sungjae was busy listening to mp3 and resting his head on the table. Changjo and Ricky tried to disturb you by making animal noises. Your friendship with Sungjae increased. but you guys still felt awkward around each other.

Sungjae danced his hands to the rythm of the music. You just looked at him. 

"Yah, Sungjae. Stop doing that" you whispered at him. he just grinned and pulled his headphones off.

"Sorry" he apologised.

"Aren't you gonna talk to Jongup about your friendship?"

"Nah, I prefer to be enemies with him. haha" he joked.

" yeah right. I can help you guys. It was me who guys fought about"

"Nevermind, we'll find a way. no need to worry" he smiled. and went back to his mp3.