Stay The Night

The Unwanted Member
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Jongup.” I breathed. He was openly glaring at Yoseob and changed his target to me. I shrunk back and he grabbed my arm, pulling me behind him. There were people watching us but Jongup didn’t seem to mind.

He bowed once to Yoseob who seemed at a loss for words. “Thanks for taking care of her Sunbaenim, but I’ll take over from here.” With that he tugged me away. I didn’t even get a chance to thank Yoseob for the wonderful day or even say goodbye.

I struggled against Jongup’s iron grasp. “Where are we going?”

He ignored me and made it the edge of the street, flagging down a taxi. I awkwardly stood there as he opened the door.

“Get in.” He ordered and I didn’t need to be told twice. Jongup slid in after me and slammed the door. I jumped and nervously eyed the driver. He glanced at me through the rearview mirror. I could tell from his expression that he assumed I was in an abusive relationship. I awkwardly cleared my throat and looked out the window.

Jongup gave the driver the address to my apartment building and after hesitating a moment, he started driving. The drive was going to be about 30 min.

I pulled out my phone when it buzzed. Yoseob had texted me, wondering if I was ok. I was about to reply but Jongup snatched the phone from me.

“Oppa-“ I started to complain but he shot me a look and started looking through my phone. I bit my lip, I hadn’t cleaned it out from yesterday’s and today’s flood of hate mail. Jongup’s frowned was turning into a grimace. Eventually he snapped the phone shut and pocketed it.

“Change your number.” He ordered and looked out the window.

I slumped in my seat and pulled off the wig, it and pulling out the knots. The driver glanced at us every now and then, making sure I was staying safe.

As we silently rode my mind drifted back to when I was announced as a member of B.A.P and I met the boys for the first time.

I stepped out of the van and followed my new manager through the TS Entertainment building. Yesterday, I got a call telling me to be here for a meeting. I didn’t quite understand why, since I was only a trainee.

“Do you know why they want to see me?” I asked my manager once we entered the elevator.

“You’ll just have to wait and find out.” He teased.

I pouted but didn’t say anything more.

I looked over at my reflection in the elevator wall and frantically started to fix my hair. I was a bit in a rush this morning and didn’t have a chance to properly fix my crazy curls. It was a disaster really.

“This way.” He said once the elevator doors dinged open. I nervously followed him and he opened the door to a dance room.

I stepped in and saw six boys sitting in a circle, they were all lively chatting. My manager cleared his throat and they looked up simultaneously. I blushed and lowered my eyes, much more nervous than I was before.

“Everyone. This is Marya, she’s going to be the final member to TS Entertainment’s new group.”

I glanced at Jongup and he was just frowning at his hands. I wasn’t really sure what he was thinking so hard about. His frowned deepened and I frowned as well. Jongup used to smile so much, and he does during variety shows but I’ve noticed more that a frown seems natural to him.

Which was strange, because for the first year I knew him, a smile was the most natural.

The boys stood up from the floor and introduced themselves. Yongguk was the first, and smiled brightly, showing his gums. I was excited to meet all of them for the first time. I recognized Yongguk, Zelo, Jongup, and Himchan the most. I had been a part of TS for awhile and did a lot of activities with Secret. No screen time and unnoticed. But I helped a lot with their choreography and songs, not to mention helping with their concepts.

Jongup was the last to greet me and I blushed brightly from his bright smile. It was adorable.

“I’m Marya.” I bowed. “Please take care of me.”

The taxi stopped in front of my apartment and I stepped out, after paying for my portion. Jongup still had to go to the dorms. I turned around to wave goodbye but Jongup had already gotten out and slammed the door shut, with the taxi driving away.

I looked back at Jongup. “Are you walking home?” I asked unsurely.

He frowned. “Of course not. I’m staying here for tonight.”

My mouth dropped as he walked passed me. “B-bwoh?!” I spun around. “Why?”

“Be quiet will you!” He hissed. “Get up here and unlock the door. It’s freezing.” I did as told a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter