Advice

The Unwanted Member
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Play Song: Mental Breaker - Block B http://youtu.be/Xxp_F6Ry6Y8

~Marya’s POV~

April 12, that’s what the date was. My birthday. I was eighteen in Korean age. And it started not as I expected. After making a temporary sling for Yongguk the two brothers just sat on the couch, surprisingly next to each other.

When they talked earlier they must have settled their differences. I felt bad for listening in the entire time but a lot of it was about me, so I was less guilty. I just wish the two could control their temper long enough not to hurt each other.

I shook my head and sat in a chair. Together, in silence we waited for the others to wake up and come downstairs.

Grandmother was the first. She was still in her night gown, probably not expecting people to already be up. She was startled by our presence and quickly came to the living room.

“Happy birthday!” She squealed and hugged me tight. I laughed and patted her back. “Another year older! When you get my age it doesn’t really make a difference anymore.” She winked and chuckled, turning around. She gasped when she saw Yongguk’s sling. “What happened?!”

“I slipped and fell-“

“Yongnam punched him.” I cut Yongguk off and stuck my tongue out at him when Grandmother wasn’t looking.

“Yongnam!” She scolded. He narrowed his eyes at me and I chuckled. She shook her head and wagged her finger at him. When she went to the kitchen he leaned over.

“You always tell on us.”

“Someone has to keep you two straight.” I winked and jumped up. “Ok! What are we doing for my birthday?” I clapped my hands and skipped to the kitchen. I bumped into Junhong on the way and he started hopping around with me.

“What are we so excited for?”

I stopped and playfully gasped. “Junhong! How could you forget Noona’s birthday?” I faked a sniffle and Zelo freaked out.

“N-Noona! I didn’t mean to! I just woke up! I-“

When I started laughing he frowned.

“Noona!” He whined and I lovingly patted his head.

“Sorry Junhong!”

“You’re awfully chipper this morning.” Youngjae frowned and shuffled past me. I followed after him, frowning as well.

“Don’t ruin my birthday like last year.”

Youngjae pinked. “It’s not my fault the ducks didn’t like me! They’re the ones that knocked over all the food, not me!”

Last year, TS had set up a dinner for me and because it was outside there were ducks roaming. Youngjae and Daehyun thought it would be fun to throw rocks at them. Thus, they chased Youngjae while Daehyun maniacally laughed and hid. Youngjae always suffered because of Daehyun’s pranks.

While everyone sat to eat breakfast I suddenly remembered Zelo’s request on the way here. We would be leaving today, so today was all we had.

“I want to go where I found Junhong.” I mumbled and everyone looked up at me. I smiled at Zelo. “We’re leaving today, and there’s nothing I can think to do. So, let’s do that. Oh?” Junhong smiled and nodded.

After eating and dressing into fresh clothes, the eight of us left the house. We wouldn’t be coming back to the house so we said our goodbyes to Grandmother and carried our few bags with us. There weren’t many and we wouldn’t be out for long.

The place where I had found Zelo was near some abandoned houses. I wasn’t sure if it was still the same but it would be neat to see it again. The walk was silent and Yongnam and Yongguk talked to other, much to my relief. I heard him apologize for breaking Yongguk’s finger and Youngjae started questioning them about it.

I chuckled and shook my head. Youngjae’s curiosity would get the best of him one day.

Junhong came to my side and took my hand. I smiled up at him and laughed at the fact that he used to hate me.

“Are we almost there?”

“We’re there.” I said and we all stopped.

“Hey Marya, tell us about it.” Daehyun suggested.

I chuckled. Oh dear.

I was walking back to Grandfather’s house with some groceries they had asked me to pick up. I always walked through the old abandoned houses because it was a shorter path than the main street.

As I shuffled through I caught sight of a young boy digging through the trash. I walked up to him and offered one of the fruit. He glanced at me and sneered.

“Bug off.”

I gasped. “Excuse me?”

“You heard me ahjumma.”

I narrowed my eyes.”Yah! What’s your name? Where’s your parents?”

“Does it look like I have any?” He scoffed and started to walk away.

“Yah! Don’t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter