Choice

The Unwanted Member
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Play Song: Someday - Super Junior http://youtu.be/VtSmwUYgewc

______________________

“Kaja.” Yongguk tugged on my arm and I followed. We were getting closer to the dorm. I slipped my hand free and did a 90-degree bow.

“I’m sorry about before. I’ll see you at our next schedule.”

I started walking towards my apartment but Yongguk caught my arm. “The dorms are right here. Just stay. It’s not safe for you to walk alone at night.”

I used my other hand to pull Yongguk’s fingers away. “Kwenchana. It’s not too far.”

He grabbed my wrist again. “Marya-“

“Is everything alright?”

We both looked and Yongguk’s hand slipped off. He bowed. “Sunbaenim.”

I smiled at Yoseob. “Sunbae.”

He gave me a small smile back. “What are you all out so late for?”

“Ah,” Yongguk rubbed the back of his neck. “We were celebrating and we were just coming back now. I’m trying to convince Marya to come up to the dorm.”

Yoseob blinked once. “She’s free to stay with me. It’s been awhile since we last saw her.” He winked at me.

Yongguk’s jaw clenched. “It’s alright Sunbae. We’re her members.”

Yoseob good naturally shrugged. “I’m pretty sure it’s up to her anyways.”

They both looked at me and I panicked. I hated to choose Yoseob over my very own member. But, we had alcohol in our systems right now and I didn’t think the same feelings tonight would be there in the morning. I was playing it safe.

Yongguk was clearly hurt and didn’t try to hide it. “Go on up.” Yoseob told him, walking to me. Yongguk didn’t look back at us and went straight to the elevator.

Yoseob stopped in front of me and placed a hand on my forehead. “You’re really flushed.”

“It’s the soju.” I mumbled, sleepy. I stumbled a bit and he caught me.

“Always falling for me.” He teased and helped me on his back. We started for the elevator. “Are you going to tell me why you got drunk?”

“It hurts.” I muttered. “I was trying to get it to stop hurting.”

“What hurts?” He asked once he was inside the elevator.

“My heart.”

Yoseob was silent. It dinged on Beast’s floor and he started down the hall. “I’ll fix it. Sunbae will fix it.” He quietly whispered. I wasn’t sure if I was meant to hear or if I had even heard it correctly. He opened the door and a few of the members were still awake playing a game.

Junhyung and Hyunseung stood up. “Why is she here?” Hyunseung asked.

“Drunk.” Yoseob vaguely explained and dropped me on the couch next to Dujun. “Gikwang?” Yoseob looked around.

“Alseep.” Dujun yawned. I picked up my feet and wrapped my arms around my legs. “I think I’ll be going soon.” He glanced at me and slung an arm over my shoulder. “Little Hoobae, why are you so sad tonight?” Yoseob glanced over, not sure if talking about it was the best option right now.

I shrugged. “A lot of stuff happened. That’s all.”

Junhyung was helping pick up the pieces of the board game. “Today was your first fanmeet right? How…did it go?” The members there stopped whatever they were doing and looked at me.

“That went fine. Turns out I have a lot of fan boys.” I chuckled, remembering Jaehyun and Chi Hoon. Yoseob’s eyes darkened. “It was the celebration party afterward.” I mumbled.

“Tell us about it.” Hyunseung placed a hand on my knee and looked at me with gentle eyes.

I carefully smiled back. “I’m still a little drunk. Can’t I just sleep for now?”

Yoseob stood up and took my hand. “Of course. Come one, I’ll make a place for you.” He pulled me to the room where they all stayed. Gikwang was on his bunk sleeping away and I could hear the other members rough housing a bit.

Yoseob pulled back the covers on his bed and grabbed an extra pillow. “What are you doing?” I whispered. He didn’t answer and just pushed me on the bed, where my back was facing the wall. He climbed in next, trapping me in.

“Spill it.” He ordered. He propped his elbow up and looked down at me. I curled into a ball and just looked at my hands while they played with the fabric of the blankets.

“There’s nothing to tell.”

Yoseob sighed and wrapped his arms around me. “Listen. You know I’ve always been here for you. And I always will be. I’ll come as soon as you call. But sometimes, you have to let me help you. I don’t want you to feel all alone in this trying time.” He pulled back and looked at my teary eyes. “I most definitely don’t want you crying yourself to sleep every night.”

I sniffled and snuggled into his shirt. “Thank you Sunbae.”

~Yoseob’s POV~

Marya fell asleep very quickly. She was in a little ball tucked into my chest. My arms were around her and my head was next to hers. I wasn’t sure exactly what happened tonight but it looked like her and Yongguk were having an argument.

I knew it wasn’t my place to step in but after all this time I had been there for Marya, I felt like I had the right. She was just so delicate and not nearly as strong as she made herself to be. It hurt me seeing her fake in front of everyone.

She mumbled something incoherent and shifted her weight. I read

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter