When Donghae Shows His "Other Side"

No More Goodbyes

  I really shocked. Leeteuk explained the further information about Euna. Ah… all memories about Euna passed in my mind… when she got injection… when she couldn’t stand up… all that made me stress. I need someone to talk now.

  I phoned Yoona but she was busy with her job. I need friend… like Sooyeon. Long time we didn’t contact each other. She promised that she will always call me. But now, it was about four months she didn’t call me. Liar!

  I almost cried when my phone rang. Gosh… who’s bother me when I need calm time? I saw the caller… Sooyeon? I just thought about her before and now she called me?

  “Yeoboseyo?” I said.

  “Kyaaa! Donghae-ya! Long time no talk. I really miss this voice… oh my… how’s there?”

  I couldn’t say anything. My mouth was stiff. “Hello there! What’s wrong?” she said again.

  “Sooyeon?” I whispered. She answered ‘yes’ and my tears flew down. I’m longing for her seriously. “Sooyeon…” I whispered again with vibrate voice.

  “Wae? Donghae? Are you crying? What’s wrong? Do you have a bad experience? Tell me so that I can comfort you…”

  This girl… after Jessica and Yoona, I had crush on her. I always want to stay beside her. I always love to hear her voice. But it was change now. I didn’t know since when… I just knew that I still need her, as my best friend.

  “Donghae?”

  “Sooyeon…” I whispered again. I sighed and started my story about Euna. I told her everything. How I first met her and how was going on after that. I told about the accident in amusement park, about Euna’s illness… and about what Kyuhyun and Eunhyuk said to me—that Euna likes me and I looked love her too. And I didn’t forget to tell how surprised I am when heard about Euna’s condition.

  Silent a while then Sooyeon laughed, “Donghae… you’re still childish. From your story, I can make an opinion that she likes you—maybe and you’re definitely like her. Ah! Not ‘like’… but ‘love’…”

  "But… but how can it be? She is too young for me. And… how can you think that I love her? Silly…”

  “Trust me… I never lie to you Donghae… I always know you… Age isn’t matter… trust me… now, calm your heart and ask yourself… are you really like her? If your heart say ‘yes’, do something so that you won’t regret or feel sorry for her.”

  I thought about that. “Very wise…” I chuckled, “Thanks a lot, friend… you’re always my best friend. No one else can be like you.”

  She chuckled, “Yeah… I’m special—I know. Sorry I’m late to call you. Next time I promise I will call you… I still have many tasks now. Bye!”

  “Yeah… bye!” the phone ended.

  It was time to thinking. So, do I like her? I thought about her. I smiled to my self when thought about Euna’s silly behavior. I smiled when thought that Euna was smiling to me. And I felt hurt when thought that Euna has a dangerous illness.

  I remembered what she said to me about God… Must I pray now? Yes!

  I sat on my bed and prayed. I really need God’s help. I don’t want Euna can’t smile again because her illness. And I asked God’s apologize for all my mistakes. I promised I will do anything what God ask to me if He heals Euna. I prayed and prayed. My tears flew down. That was rare I cried when I pray for someone. God… give me your favor…

 

Leeteuk P.O.V

  I heard that! Donghae prayed for Euna! He cried too! Gosh… these all were weird. Eunhyuk and Kyuhyun went back to 12th floor and joined me overheard Donghae’s prayer. Then, Yesung, Shindong, Ryeowook, Heechul, and Sungmin came too and overheard Donghae too. Someone came to our apartment. It was Siwon. And again, she joined us overheard Donghae.

  “Donghae cried!” Sungmin whispered. “Rare!”

  “Yeah… the only one who likes cry when praying is Siwon. But now, Donghae do it too!” Ryeowook added.

  “Donghae… Does he know about his feeling now?” asked Kyuhyun with soft voice.

  “I don’t know. But I think yes. He just prays with tears for his special person. And he prays now for Euna. I think he can realize his feeling now,” answered Eunhyuk.

  “How sweet…” Heechul whispered.

  And the door opened very sudden. We all gasped, so did Donghae. His eyes were seriously blurring, so did his face. He bowed his head, tried to keep his sadness face alone. But I pulled his hand, “See us, Donghae? We are here to give Euna support. Want you join us give support to Euna?”

  He looked at me a while and nodded, “I’m stupid. I made many mistakes before. I’m sorry…”

  “Don’t say sorry to us. Say sorry to Euna. Don’t be late Donghae… you just have one chance,” said Siwon.

  “But Euna will go to Japan tomorrow. We had a job tomorrow. And tomorrow next, we will busy for preparing our concert in Japan next week.”

  “Oh no…” Donghae whispered.

  But Donghae made me shock. He was really a weird guy. Next day, after done our schedule, when the others practiced hard, he prepared his flight to Japan.

  “I don’t want to lose her…” he explained with meaning gaze. She looked very cool and I thought how sweet he is when he said that lovely thing.

  “Goodbye, all! I will practice hard in Japan after meet Euna. I promise, I will join the concert and I won’t make you disappointing,” she said and bowed to us after finished preparing his luggage. I and the others hugged him and gave him support.

  “We will pray for you and Euna…” said Kyuhyun.

  Donghae thanked us again and went out with his luggage. This was the first time I saw the ‘other side’ of Donghae. How sweet!