Starts to Forget "Something"

No More Goodbyes

  After that day, when Super Junior came to my apartment, Yoona came to see me too. She came with Donghae but because Donghae had a job, he didn’t stay for long time. Yoona accompanied me and we cooked together. We made a kimchi but it changed to a strange kimchi because I always disturb her and made many mistakes. I cracked the egg to the floor. I poured the chili liquid to the table, not to the bowl. That’s because my unhandled hand.

  But we still had fun time. I really felt like Yoona was my sister. That’s made me missed my older sister in my country. I missed my little brother and my little sister too. But here, in Korea, Yoona was enough to me to be my sister.

  But now, again, the doctor made me cried. He told about my newest condition. Right! I got a nerve disease and a muscle disease too. I started to felt the pain on both of my arm, and sometimes on my stomach. And I started to forget something. One time, I forgot Yoona’s name.

  That was worse. A week later, we consulted to the doctor again. She looked me and sighed softly. She rubbed my head and said, “I know it’s bad for you. But you must get more nursing. I will talk it with your parents. Calm down, little, girl.”

  I’m a little girl? Funny! I went out from the room and waited for my parents. Then, after about thirty minutes, they went out with Dr. Lee.

  “We talked about it. We think that the best for you is the best nursing,” said the doctor. I confused about that.

  But then, my parents explained it to me in the car. “The doctor will go with us to Japan. The doctor has a friend named Dr. Yamaa, a specialist doctor. Dr. Yamaa is a popular doctor in Japan and he has a lot of experience in the field of medicine and he had healed many dangerous diseases, even cancer. We will go four days after today.”

  “Yeah… we take this choice because we want you to get well. You started to forget people because one nerve in your head—or maybe brain—broke. You forgot your dog, you forgot that you’re in college… you forgot that you had a part time job. You forgot Yoona…”

  “But I remember her again. When you told about her, I remember her again. Mom… why must I go to Japan? I don’t want leave this lovely country…”

  My mother rubbed my hair, “Don’t be afraid, dear… you will get better there. I promise, you can be normal again. Now, let’s pray and ask God for the miracle.”

  “You don’t forget how to pray, right?” my father joked. I eyed my father and made an angry face but then I chuckled. Then, we chuckled together.

  I shook my head, “Never.”

 

Donghae P.O.V

  I had a free day again. Very lucky! I didn’t know why I always like to go to Euna’s apartment. I couldn’t wait to meet her anymore. I smiled to my self when thought about her. Weird but I didn’t care.  I parked my car on the parking lot and entered the apartment.

  I knocked the door and the door opened. “Who is this?” That was Euna. “Ah!” she shouted and then, silent… no one talking. But then she looked me with confuse expression. “Who are you?”

  I startled. She said what? She didn’t recognize me. “Funny… what do you talking about? I’m Donghae…”

  She smiled with strange expression. “I’m sorry but I really don’t know you. My parents didn’t allow me to talk to strange people. I’m sorry…” and she wanted to close the door but I held the door.

  “Hey! What’s wrong with you? Are you kidding now?”

  She started looks afraid, “Who are you? Who’s kidding? I’m sorry but…” again, she almost closes the door. I held it again.

  “Euna-ya! I’m Donghae! Seriously, this isn’t funny anymore. What’s wrong? Your parents didn’t allow you to meet me? Or what else?” I cried. She made me really confused and a little bit angry.

  “How do you know my name? Go away, strange man!” she pushed me.

  “Euna-ya!” I really shocked. “What’s wrong with you? Stupid Duck! I’m Donghae!” I shouted louder. I thought her parents weren’t at home so that they didn’t hear me.

  “What? What do you talking about?! Hey you bad guy! Go away! Don’t bother me, weird-strange man!” she pushed me again and closed the door carelessly.

  “Euna-ya!” I screamed. I really mad now. I kicked and attacked the door. “Ugly! Bad!” I shouted. I shouted many bad things again. I really didn’t know why I act like that.

  “I don’t care!” the girl shouted inside the room. I thought it had gone too far. I went to my car and went back to my apartment.

  The securities that kept the way to Super Junior’s room looked me and allowed me to pass. I pushed the bell and someone talks through the intercom, “Who is that?”

  “It’s me, Donghae.” The camera moved and it was shooting my face.

  “Oh! Come in!” someone said. And someone opened the door; Leeteuk.

  “Donghae! How’s Euna’s condition? Is she get well?” he asked me and followed me sat on the sofa.

  “Bad,” I answered still angry.