Un-needed Past Thoughts

Korean Roulette

Warning: There is a little bit of blood and violence. It might give you nightmares, it just depends on how you take blood. But I thought I would warn you~!


As I looked through the notes they had written, I noticed a familiar time of death pattern. I looked around to see if any of them were up here, but yet none were. I looked over to the stairs and decided to walk down them. I walked to the first floor and saw them watching television.

"Hey, um, Inati-ssi," I said to him since he was the closest to me. He looked away from the television and smiled.

"No '-ssi', alright?" He said politely, waving his finger like a mother would do to her child if he was doing something he was not suppose to.

"Alright, Inati, I found a similar occurrence. It might help lead to the next 'suicide'," I said making quotation marks in the air. He stood up and walked to the elevator.

"Alright, let's check it out," he said pushing the up button. I walked over to the elevator and stepped in cautiously and looked around. He smiled and followed me in.

"Are you afraid?" he asked tilting his head cutely, but yet still looking fierce.

"Nope," I lied, smoothly, "That doesn't fit your image."

"What doesn't?"

"Tilting your head... You shouldn't do it," I said smiling politely and watching him look forward at the doors. As the doors opened I walked out causally, trying not to make it obvious that I am afraid of elevators. We walked over to the table together and looked at the details. I bent over the table and looked at it again to make sure I didn't make a mistake in the times of death.

"What did you find?" He said bending over, standing a little to close to me. I shifted my body to the left side, away from him, and blushed a little bit.

"Well, uh, as you see, each person dies a week after the one before, but what you didn't look at was the time of death. You see, there is exactly 168 hours in a week, but the person who dies after the one before them dies 169 hours later, a week and one hour. Your first victim died on Thursday at noon," I said explaining the idea. He looked over to me and cut me off.

"Meaning the next one died the next Thursday at one," he said looking at the second victim. He then checked the third, then the fourth and so on until he got to the most recent one, the 12th one.

"Yes, exactly. It could help us calculate the next time of death, seeing as it our last victim died on Thursday at eleven, the next one should be on Friday at midnight..." I said looking at the clock.

"You are saying that this has been going on for 12 weeks, the investigation for 6, and we didn't even think to check the time of death?" He said looking up again to me. I nodded my head slightly. He frowned then looked at his watch.

"It is Saturday... We have a little less than six days to figure this out before our next victim dies."

"Yes, that is correct..." I said trailing off at the end so I didn't have to say anything else. He put his hand on my shoulder and smiled.

"Good job, let's go eat something," he said and walked over to the elevator. I blushed again and followed him.

"Oh, actually! I need to get something out of my room, if you don't mind," I said turning around to walk to the stairs.

"Just meet us on the first floor. We will be by the television," he said stepping into the elevator. I sighed and walked up the stairs and grabbed my iPhone. I looked at it and saw a text from my friend.

"I'll ignore it for now, but remind me to check it!" I said to the turtle hanging off the corner of the phone. I smiled and walked down the stairs to the first floor. I saw them all sitting there and I walked behind them and put my phone in my pocket.

"Are you ready?" I asked and they all looked up to me. They nodded their heads and stood up and walked to the stairs. I followed them as they walked out the door and locked it with the keypad next to the intercom.

"Where are we going?" I asked while walking in between Simon and Daniel.

"A secret~!" Daniel said smiling big. I frowned and continued to follow them. We kept walking until we got to a less crowded area and then entered a building.

"What is this place?" I asked looking around in amazement seeing fountains everywhere, ponds with Koi fishes in it, and pretty flowers every where.

"Blossom, a restaurant that has a huge buffet!" Jisu said, full of energy. I smiled slightly since he was acting like a young child. I looked around and saw people enjoying dinner. I analyzed everyone that I could see, nothing seemed wrong. I smiled since I was at ease and followed them to the table that they were seated at.

"Do you like it so far?" Youngwon asked smiling.

"Yup~ I love it!" I said continuing to look around the restaurant. I stayed with Daniel and Simon as Inati, Jisu, and Youngwon left to go get food.

"Baby, you can say good bye

Just turn away, walk away,

Baby, you can let me go,

Cause being with me hurts you more

All the love you gave me, You can take it back,

All your love just take it back,

I'm not gonna shed another tear,

Just gonna let you go

Sorry shawty ma sweety

Nahl dduhna gandaneun ni eebsoolee

Ohneul ddara wae eeri wonmangseuruhwuh boeeneunji

Nuhl bootjabahya haneundae

Mahlee nahohjil ahnah

Nun eemi muhruh jineundae"

I heard my ringtone going off, "I'll Back Off So You Can Live Better -G.Na ft. Junhyung".

I looked at Daniel and Simon and picked up my phone.

"Yeoboseyo," I said to the phone.

"Sumi~!" I heard from the other side. I looked at the caller ID and sighed but smiled again.

"Sora~" I said back with the same enthusiasm as she had, but fake.

"How are you?" She asked over the phone. I frowned.

"I'm great, but you caught me at a bad time, I need to go," I said to her and waiting for her to respond.

"Oh, mianhae! I'll call you later, arasso?"

"Ye, I'll talk to later. Bye," I said hanging up the phone quickly and looked over to Simon who was chuckling.

"Yah~" I whined pushing him lightly, "What are you laughing about Simon-ssi?" He looked at me and gave me a funny look.

"You just faked a happy, enthusiastic call when you could have ignored it. And it's not Simon-ssi, just Simon or Simon Oppa," he said with a smile.

"Alright Simon Oppa~" I said in a sing songy voice and saw Inati, Jisu, and Youngwon come back with tons of food.

"Wow, you guys eat a lot," I said quietly to myself so they wouldn't hear. I looked around to confirm no one heard and I smiled.

"Do you want to go get food?" Daniel asked Simon and me while standing up. I nodded my head and stood up at the same time as Simon. I looked at him weirdly and saw him blush. I silently giggled and walked away with Daniel as if nothing has happened.

"What kind of food do they have here?" I asked Daniel, tilting my head.

"Well, all kinds of stuff. American, Italian, Japanese, Korean, and Chinese. And many desserts too," he said while grabbing three trays. He handed one to me and one to Simon and we got food. Now I understood why they ate a lot, there is so much good food to choose from! But I have to watch what I eat, to much and I will get my chubby cheeks back.

I picked healthy food, fruits and veggies, and then I ate pasta and some Kimchi. I smiled as I walked back with the guys. When I got back to the table they all looked at me funny.

"What?" I asked them sitting down.

"How can you only eat that?" Jisu asked pointing at my food.

"My parents were health freaks and I had to eat what they told me to, so I did, and I still do, but sometimes I will just eat junk food," I explained taking a bite of watermelon.

"What do you mean 'were'?" Youngwon asked, taking another bite of his pasta.

"Uh, I would rather not say," I said looking down slightly remembering what happened.

"Oh, mainhae! Forget I asked," he quickly said trying to change the subject on my mind, but it was to late. All of the images were coming back.

"Appa~ I'm home! How was your day at work?" I said walking into the house and taking off my shoes. I didn't get a reply, but that was normal. I shrugged my shoulders and went upstairs to put my stuff into my bedroom. As I was walking downstairs I heard dripping from the kitchen. I walked to the kitchen, thinking the faucet was dripping, and saw the most horrifying image. Blood was splattered everywhere. The white tile was stained red with blood, but who's?

"Appa! Umma! Where are you?!" I called from where I was standing. I continued to look around the kitchen. When I saw no sign of them I searched the rest of the house. I walked around downstairs before going upstairs. I searched their room, my room, and even the free room we had. I stopped at the top of the stairwell and looked down the stairs. I soon felt something dripping on my head. I looked up and it dripped on my forehead. I saw a liquid dripping from the attic door. I reached up to my forehead and wiped off the liquid. I screamed slightly after noticing it was blood. I reached up to the chain that the attic door was connected to and pulled it down. Blood was dripping down the stairs, soon splashing onto the walls as I climbed up them trying not to slip. I looked around the attic and saw a black figure sitting up against the wall. I ran over to it, checking to see if a pulse was there. I finally looked at the face. Tears streamed down my face.

"Umma... Waeyo?" I said lifting her chin up. She was cut in many places, throat, wrist, thighs, almost everywhere. She was stabbed in the abdomen several times. I heard a short, faint call of my name. It sounded like appa. I listened again and I noticed he wasn't in the attic, but in the basement.

I hurried down the attic stairs, almost slipping, but able to keep my balance and running through the kitchen with blood staining my school clothes.

"Appa!" I cried running down into the basement to see him crawling across the floor.

"Su-," he said before he was cut off by an ax cutting through his back. I screamed loudly and ran back up the stairs, but not before looking at the killer who was wearing a mask and all black. I ran out side of the house drenched in blood and into the street.

"Help!" I called as I ran down the street to my neighbors houses. I ran up to the door of a police officer and knocked quickly.

"Officer Lee! Help!" I cried as he opened the door. He looked at me and gasped.

"Help! There is someone in my house! They killed my parents! Please help," I cried not knowing what to do. Officer Lee sprinted out of the house and ran to mine. I tried following him but my legs couldn't stand it anymore. I fell down on the side walk and watched as he entered my house stealthily. I bawled waiting for him to come back. I couldn't believe my parents died and I watched the man ax my dad.

"Appa, umma, please forgive me..." I said before seeing a car speed by. I grabbed a rock near me and threw it at the car. It hit the back window and the car just kept going.

"I swear umma and appa, I will find this guy if it's the last thing I do," I said to myself quietly. I stood up and walked to my house seeing Officer Lee walk out and looked at me.

"I am so sorry, Sumi. Your parents have both died. Did you happen to see the culprit?" he asked me putting his hand on my shoulder.

"I saw him, but he was dressed in black with a mask on. I think he drove by in a car just a few minutes ago. I threw a rock at it," I said holding back the tears. Officer Lee nodded and sighed.

"We will work on this case, Sumi, I promise," Office Lee hugged me and then backed away.

"You should go home. If you want, I will get someone to clean up the mess," he said.

"Shouldn't you take pictures of the seen?" I asked.

"Oh, right. I'll get someone over right now to do that. Stay here," he said running to his house to get his phone. He called the police station and they sent out a crew and they analyzed the scene.

"Thank you everyone," I said as they took the bodies of my parents away. I sighed and closed the front door and cleaned up the blood. I scrubbed the floor until it was as white as it was before. I cleaned every inch of the house, making everything that happened go away.

Weeks passed by and the police haven't found any information on the guy. I was beginning to lose hope. I gave up with police and tried to forget it ever happen. I filled my life with school, studying every minute. I never got close to anyone except Sora. She knew everything that happened.

"Yah! Sumi are you alright?" I heard Jisu ask. I looked up and blinked away the tears.

"Yes! I am fine," I said trying to forget the flash back I just had.

"You were out for like 30 minutes. Are you sure?" Inati asked looking at me with sincere eyes. I nodded my head quietly and ate my food. They just stared at me and began to eat. I sat there pushing my food around. I waited until the guys ate their food to finish mine. 

"This was a good lunch," I said smiling.

"Except for your phone call at the beginning," Simon said laughing again.

"Yah~" I pushed him lightly again. We paid for the bill and left the restaurant.


Author's Note: Hi everyone~! Do you like it? I hope so! Comment and subscribe!

Fangirl's Note: HOLY MOFO-ing CHRIST! DID YOU SEE MBC K-POP CONCERT?!?!?! IT WAS SO AMAZING! I RAN IN AND TOLD MY MOM AND SHE LAUGHED AT ME BECAUSE I WAS SO HYPER.... Okay thank you~!