Good-bye, Hello, Same Difference

Korean Roulette

~Sumi POV~

I quickly woke up after falling asleep, or that's what it felt like. I checked the clock on my phone.

"Holy crap, it's 9:38," I said looking outside to see clouds covering the sun. I sighed and took a shower. I was getting ready to visit the Director. I put my hair up while leaving my bangs down and put on a nice work outfit. I looked in the mirror and dusted the imaginary dust off and grabbed my purse while putting my phone in it.

I walked to the Headquarters and walked through the front door. I looked around and some people were giggling. I walked up to his office and knocked on the door.

"Excuse me," I said quietly, still knocking on the door.

"Come in," I heard a voice say from the other side. I opened it and stepped in.

"Ah, Miss Sang," he said smiling and sitting up straight in his chair. He motioned for me to sit, but I didn't.

"Sir, I came to tell you that I don't want to work on this case anymore, I just want to go back to school," I said frowning and holding my hands in front of me. He sighed and looked at me.

"Miss Sang, I'm afraid that's impossible. You are one of the smartest people here an-," I held up my hand and he stopped.

"I don't know what you are talking about. That Unit I was working with out-smarted me an-."

"No they didn't. You figured out there was a camera in your room almost instantly. Not most people would do that. You analyze different then them. You take your time, but your time is always ticking fast. Like your reaction to your parents death. You watched your father get murdered in front of you, but you did something different that most people wouldn't have done. You ran away, outside, to the nearest officer's house instead of either running and hiding in the house, or running to get the phone and call 911. Your mind always works faster than anyones, you just don't realize it. Didn't you notice that in school? You thought it took yourself forever to figure out the hardest math problem, but in reality it took you less than a minute. You see yourself as slow, but others see you as quick," he said giving me several more examples.

"The only reason I accepted this job was so I could get to my parents killer. I don't want to leave their case unsolved," I said to him looking around.

"You will be able to look over that as soon as this case is finished. I have heard from the boys that you checked things that they would have never thought of," he said looking at his watch. It suddenly clicked in my head.

"I know what this game is," I said taking out my phone.

"What?" He asked confused. I smiled and bowed.

"Thank you. I will keep working on this case, but I won't live with them."

"Fine," he said smiling. I ran out of the building. I opened up the internet browser on my phone and typed in what I thought it was called.

"Russian Roulette, a game played with a revolver that only has one bullet in the cylinder," I read aloud then quietly reading it in my head as I entered the coffee shop. I walked up to the counter and put my phone away.

"White Chocolate Mocha, please?" I asked. The cashier made it and smiled. I paid for it and looked around.

"Where is Jae?"

"He is sick. He has been since yesterday," he said frowning. I just nodded my head and walked over to a table and kept reading.

"Great, not only is this suicide, but planned suicide, unless..." I said frowning and taking a sip. I looked outside and saw a familiar body. I sighed and drank my mocha quickly. I stood up and threw it away as a big group of people came by. I blended in and avoided the boy. I pulled out my phone and checked it.

"18 missed calls. Leave me alone!" I said shaking my phone and unlocking it. I called the one person I know I could trust.

"Yeoboseyo?" I heard him say on the other line. I smiled.

"Umma~ I have new details on the case, but you can't tell anyone I'm talking to you. Let's meet up at the park in fifteen minutes," I said walking towards the park.

"Alright," he said hanging up. I smiled and quickly made it to the park. After waiting for a few minutes I saw Youngwon walking over to me.

"Hi Umma," I said standing up. He hugged me and I hugged back.

"Okay, what's the news?" He asked sitting across from me.

"Okay, so you know how I told you guys to look at the place where the person was shot and what type of weapon they used?" He just nodded my head, "Well, I went to go see the Director this morning and he told me that I realized stuff that people didn't usually think off. Well, these killings are part of a game, but at a preset time. Think of a game that uses a revolver and is suicidal," I said looking around. He sat there for a long time.

"Russian Roulette," he finally said. I nodded my head.

"So I was thinking that there must be a reason for it being on different sides," I said still looking around. He nodded his head when I looked at him.

"Well, my thought is that the person who suggests the game has two guns, for the person playing and for him to hold. It is like a Double Russian Roulette. Your odds of living are half of what it use to be since now there is two games. He could be standing on same side each time, but has the guns already set so the person will either die from his gun or the other gun," I continued explaining and he gasped.

"Holy crap... But how will we find out where the next murder is?" I shrugged my shoulders and frowned. He patted my shoulder and smiled.

"Good work, Sumi," he said standing up and walking away. I smiled and watched him walk away. I stretched and looked at my phone. As soon as I touched it, my ringtone went off. I looked at the number but the white letters said 'Restricted.'

"Gosh dang it! Leave me alone!" I said ignoring the call. My phone suddenly got a voicemail.

"I don't care," I said putting it away and walking to my home. I sat around doing nothing, but looking out the window and reading books.

--Time Skip--

It was Thursday, the day before the next killing was suppose to occur. I kept my distance from Dalmatian Unit so I wouldn't get distracted. I watched the clock and it was soon 11:00 at night. I decided to take a walk outside and went to the park. I walked to the swings and sat there looking up at the moon. I closed my eyes and leaned my head on the chain that was holding the swing. I soon heard the swing next to me creak.

"Why do you keep finding me?" I asked him irritated and turned the other way.

"Why do you keep avoiding me!" I heard him shout. I sighed and kept looking away.

"Is this how you treat your boyfriend? Leave unexpectedly and never return the phone calls or make any sign that I know you are all right?" He said putting his hand on my shoulder. I jumped at his touch, even though it was gentle, it still scared me.

"I left for a good reason!" I said pushing his hand off.

"What good reason?!" He shouted at me. I winced and scooted further away from him on my swing. He sighed and grabbed the bridge of his nose. I pulled out my phone and looked at the time.

"11:52," I said quietly, "I need to go," I said speaking up.

"Where?"

"Just somewhere!" I said getting up and leaving. I then felt him grab my hand.

"I'm not letting you leave me again."

"So be it, but we need to go now," I said walking towards my house. He caught up and kept holding my hand. I kept looking at my phone and making sure we were outside away from major streets around midnight just incase we heard a gun shot. I checked it again.

"11:58," I quietly whispered and looked around. We walked near my neighborhood and then into it.

"11:59," I said louder. Simon just looked at me. Suddenly I heard a gun shot and a high pitched scream.

"Oh no," I let go off Simon's hand and ran to Officer Lee's house. I ran to the front door and it opened.

"Sumi!" Jihyun said hugging me.

"What's wrong?" I asked hugging her and picking her up.

"A person was upstairs!"

"Where is your mom and dad. And you grandfather?" I asked her, checking her to make sure she had no cuts.

"Mommy and Grandpa were upstairs too, but Daddy has been gone for awhile," she said sadly.

"No, no, no!" I said running with her to Simon.

"Simon! Please go to dorms with her and get there quick. I'll explain everything later! Just hurry!" I said handing her to Simon and pushing them away.

"Alright!" He said jogging away.

"Simon!" I called after him.

"What?" He said when I got near him.

"Be safe," I said giving him a peck on the lips. He smiled and hurried quickly away. I ran back to the house and ran up the stairs to find the window open. I ran over to it and the body hopped over the fence.

"I will get you!" I screamed out the window. I looked over at Officer Lee and Jihyun's mother.

"No," I cried looking at them. I pulled out my phone and dialed 911. I sat there waiting until they got there and questioned me. I left as soon as I was aloud to and ran to the dorms. I ran to the front door and rang the door bell. I heard the intercom come on, but I heard Jihyun giggling through it. The door opened and I walked in.

"Sumi!" She said jumping out of Jisu's arms and running over to me.

"Jihyun~ Did they treat you well?" I asked looking at them. She nodded her head and hugged me. I smiled and looked at them.

"Long time, no see," Daniel said frowning.

"Yea, sorry about that, but I figured out a lot of things while not here," I said looking at them and picking Jihyun up. She started to giggle.

"Unnie visited me the other day!" She said smiling. I smiled and nodded my head, but soon frowned. I covered her ears with one against my shoulder and one on my hand.

"That's probably why her mother and grandfather are dead now," I whispered and they gasped.

"What?" Inati said looking up. I nodded my head.

"The killer took two tonight for some unknown reason," I said to them.

"When did you see her mother and grandfather?" Youngwon asked.

"They day I left," I said uncovering Jihyun's ears.

"Unnie, when can I go home?" She asked looking up to me. I smiled, but it was full of sorrow.

"Your mommy is going out of town for a little bit, so I need to take care of you," I said adjusting her. She hugged my neck.

"And she will be staying here," Simon said gaining looks from everyone. I covered Jihyun's ears again.

"They lived three or four houses down from mine. I don't want to take any chances," I said looking down at her.

"Well, we will go get your stuff tomorrow and her's too," Jisu said smiling. I nodded my head and uncovered her ears.

"Sorry for disappearing. I realized, after I left, that what happened that night, I couldn't control what it was, but I can stop it," I said looking away with tears b my eyes again. I put Jihyun down and she ran over to Simon.

"Why does she like you so much? It's not fair!" Youngwon said looking at Simon. I laughed.

"Because he is nice to me! And he brought me here safely! Just how unnie asked," she said smiling and giggling. I laughed and looked around.

"Well actually, if I had someone to help me, we could go get the stuff right now. I'm sure the guy left because I saw him hop the fence," I said quietly so Simon, Jihyun, and Youngwon wouldn't hear. Daniel and Jisu nodded their heads.

"Jihyunnie~" I called over to her walking over to Simon. She looked at me and giggled.

"Why does she get a cute nickname and I'm stuck with umma?!?!" Youngwon said complaining again.

"Because I'm cuter!" She said gaining laughs from everyone except Youngwon.

"Do you want to come and get your stuff so you can come stay with me?" I asked her and she nodded her head.

"Can oppa come too?" She asked pointing to Simon. I nodded my head and smiled. We said our farewells and walked out of the dorms.

"Do you think I can live with you guys forever? I mean there is a high possibility that we will be working together a lot," I said to Simon who was carrying Jihyun on his back.

"Yea, just bring all your stuff and I'll carry it," he said smiling. I laughed and Jihyun giggled.

"Does oppa love unnie?" Jihyun asked poking Simon's head. We both blushed and Simon whispered in her ear. I smiled and kept walking.

"We will go to my house first," I said walking down our neighborhood. All the cops were gone and we walked down to my house. I opened the front door and Simon put Jihyun down.

"Ah~ Unnie! You have a nice house," she said walking around and looking at it. Simon nodded his head.

"Was it your parents?" He asked. I nodded and went up the stairs with them following me. I got the suitcase back out and put everything back in neatly, but faster. Simon picked it up off the bed and carried it down the stairs with ease. I frowned seeing he wasn't even out of breath yet. I stopped at the hall closet and pulled out a suitcase.

"Let's go to your house now!" I said taking Jihyun's hand and she lead us to her house. We walked in to her room and packed all of her clothes. I stopped in their living room and took the pictures off the mantle to the fireplace and put them in the bottom of the suitcase.

"Let's go back to the dorms," I said closing the front door and walking to the dorms. It didn't take that long, but it took forever to unpack. As soon as Simon helped us unpack, Jihyun started to yawn.

"Unnie, I'm sleepy."

"Me too," I said grabbing some pajamas out of the closet for the two of us.

"Me too," Simon said giggling. I walked over to him and hugged him.

"Thank you," I said and kissed his check.

"No, no, no. That's not right," Simon said still holding me. I looked at him confused and then he kissed me on the lips again. I blushed and pulled away.

"Child in the room!" I whispered pointing to Jihyun. He laughed and walked over to her and kissed her forehead.

"Night Jihyun," he said smiling.

"Night oppa!" He walked out of the room and Jihyun went into the bathroom to change. After she was done she hopped onto the bed and I changed.

"Night night Jihyunnie," I said lying next to her. She giggled and whispered in my ear.

"You will never know oppa's secret." I just looked at her and we fell asleep.


Author's Note: Surprise again~ Double update^^ I hope you enjoy this chapter~

I think that it is better than the last one!

Thank you for reading <3