First Day

Korean Roulette

~Sumi POV~

"Annyeong! May I have a White Chocolate Mocha please?" I asked the cashier at my favorite coffee cafe. He smiled and went to make the coffee. I stood there silently looking around. He came back with my coffee and smiled. I pulled out ten dollars and gave it to him, but he refused to take it.

"It's on the house today, Miss Sang, have a good first day at work," he said shooing me away from the counter. I sat down for a little bit and read the paper.

"Ah, same news as last week, another suicide," I said reading through the article. I stood up and put the paper neatly on the table. I grabbed my coffee and walked out of the cafe and took a sip. I put on my sunglasses and headed towards FBI Headquarters.

As I neared Headquarters I threw my coffee away and pulled off my sunglasses. I looked at the door and took a deep breath.

"It's alright Sumi, be calm. First day! Sumi Fighting~" I said quietly to myself holding up my fist. I looked around to make sure no one saw and opened the door. I looked around and I saw a girl pass by. I stuck my hand up and she quickly realized who I was.

"Ah, are you Miss Sang? Please, right this way to the Director," she said walking quickly up some stairs and turning left into a big office. I bowed and she left while closing the door.

"Ah, annyeonghasaeyo Director-ssi!" I said bowing politely and standing up properly.

"Please, sit," he said pointing to a chair in front of him. I took the seat and watched him.

"Now I know that you haven't even gone to college yet, but you are very smart and we need someone with your IQ to do this project," he said explaining while gathering papers into a folder.

"Look through this and see if anything pops out to you," he said as I scanned the pages. It was about the suicides all over Korea.

"I have read about these in the news paper. The papers said that they were suicides, but I thought since they were happening every week that they would be a serial suicide," I said looking through the autopsies, "and according to these, which should give a hint, that they are all using the same gun, a revolver," I closed the folder and looked up to him. He smiled and clasped his hands together.

"Good thought Miss Sang, you will be working with the Dalmatian Unit. Their office isn't here, it is about three blocks away. It is an eight story building, all to themselves," he said explaining it to me. I understood and stood up and bowed again.

"Thank you! I will work really hard!" I said turning to walk to the door.

"Miss Sang, I would like to remind you that you must live with the Dalmatian Unit until this case is solved," he said to me. I gulped and reached for the door knob.

"Yup, I remember completely when you called me." I walked out of his office and walked to the doors at the front of the building and walked outside again.

"It feels like I am already an outcast," I said quietly to myself while following the directions the Director gave me. I walked quietly, observing everything as I passed. I watched every person who passed by, couples, a parent and their child, a student, everyone. I didn't want to risk anything.

I arrived to the building and rang the door bell. I saw a little intercom to my left and looked at it.

"Yes?" a voice asked from the other side.

"Hello, I am here to see.... Dalmatian Unit," I said quietly making sure anyone heard. I heard a click on the other side of the door and it opened.

"Come on in," the voice said again. I gasped but quickly walked in and looked around.

"I have to stay here? Seriously?" I said continuing to look around.

"We are up on the seventh floor, you can take the elevator if you would like, but there are also stairs," I heard another intercom. I smiled and decided to walk up the stairs. I walked onto the seventh floor and saw a group of people surrounding the table. I slightly coughed to catch their attention. They looked at me, almost giving me a glare.

"Annyeong~ I am Sumi! It is nice to meet you all~" I said bowing to the group of men in front of me.

"Annyeong! We are Dalmatian!" They all said in unison smiling. I laughed at their sudden change in expression and looked through the folder that was handed to me when I walked into the FBI.

"So I have heard we have many suicides around Korea that all use the same weapon and happen approximately dying one week apart from each other," I said looking up to them. A guy with long hair nodded. I looked around the office. Clean, not-so Tidy, but perfect. If the office area is like this, then what are their rooms like?

"So, um, not to be a bother, but Director-ssi said I have to live here until the case is solved," I said shyly looking down at the ground not trying to attract attention to myself.

"Yea, he told us that already. It is upstairs. Just don't get in our way. We can solve this ourselves," a guy with black, piercing eyes said. I backed away and frowned.

"Then why did Director-ssi even need me?" I said quietly to myself. I looked around and went upstairs into my room.

"What the heck! How did they get all of my clothes?!" I exclaimed, but quietly so I wouldn't disturb the boys down stairs. I sat on the bed I was suppose to sleep on and looked around.

"Hey, this isn't mine," I said standing up looking at a big teddy bear that was staring straight at me. I looked at it and then tried picking it up.

"You are quite heavy, my dear teddy bear, what are you hiding from me?" I asked squishing the head to feel a metal object in it.

"Wow, a camera, are you serious?" I said picking it up. I walked down the stairs, on to the seventh floor.

"How immature can you be?" I asked setting the bear on the ground near the guys. The same guy who told me to stay out of their way looked at me.

"Guys, how did she figure that out so quickly?" he whispered to the guys. A blonde guy shrugged his shoulders and looked at me. I crossed my arms and watched them.

"I don't want any of your spy stuff in my room, please," I said as politely as I could. The boys all smiled.

"That was the only one. You passed the test," the one with long hair said. The guy with the piercing eyes softened up and smiled. I returned the smile and looked at them.

"No hard feelings, right?" The guy said to me, walking up and reaching out to shake my hand. I smiled and stuck my hand out as well.

"No hard feelings! Wait, what's your name?" I asked curiously looking at him.

"I am Inati, don't forget it," he said smiling wider and turning back to the group.

"I am Youngwon," the guy with long hair said.

"I am Daniel," a guy who looked like a fighter said.

"I am Jisu," a guy said sweetly causing me to smile.

"And I am Simon," the blonde said looking over to me and then back to the ground. I smiled and waved.

"Feel free to join us in doing work," Daniel said to me motioning to come over and stand by him. I walked over and looked at the work they had already done.

"Impressive," I said to them and the smiled. At least it was neat and I could look at it without getting lost.

"Yea, do you want to look over it for awhile and then tell us if we missed something?" Jisu said while the other guys nodded.

"Sure! Go rest! I will look through it," I said smiling. They all left and I sat on a stool that was around the table.

"Yah! Take the stupid bear with you!" I called to them. Simon came back up, bowed in apology, and took the bear away. I continued to read over the stuff, taking it all in, not missing a single detail.


Author's note: Annyeong Everyone~ I hope you like this chapter! I will update again soon promise^^ Please subscribe and comment~! I'll be waiting! I can't promise that the next chapter will be any longer, but I'll try!