Good-Bye?

Korean Roulette

~Sumi POV~

I was sitting in a dark room surrounded by all kinds of nasty things that squeaked, like mice and rats, and not to mention the bugs the occasionally crawled onto my legs.

"Remember this?" A voice said turning on a slideshow in front of me. It was the picture of my parents' kitchen when they were killed. I gasped and quickly looked away.

"No, you watch," the voice said pushing my head forward. I frowned and averted my eyes, but I could still see it. Everywhere I looked, the image was there, changing from the kitchen, to my mother, and finally to my father. I had tears b my eyes. Then the lights .

"Now you can relive it," the voice said. The person put the knife in front of my face and twirled it with the point of the blade on the person's finger. I gasped and squirmed in the chair.

"I would stop, or it's going to be you who dies first," the voice said again holding the knife closer to my face.

"AH!" I screamed as I woke up with the sun shining on my face as I sat up. I heard multiple footsteps from the stairs.

"Sumi! What's wrong?" Youngwon said running over to my bed. I closed my eyes and covered my ears while shaking my head.

"Sumi!" I kept hearing them scream my name, but I chose to ignore them. I kept my eyes and mouth shut until the screaming stopped. I sat there making sure there was no one there than laid back down and covered my head with my covers. I then felt a hand on my shoulder. I pushed it away and silently began to cry.

"Alright, I'll go," I heard Simon's sad melodic voice say as he walked away from the bed. I peaked from under the covers with my blurry vision and saw no one there. I ran over to my closet and changed into skinny jeans and a black shirt still having warm tears stream down my face. I pulled my white hoodie off the hanger and slipped it over my head and grabbed my sunglasses. I looked out my door and down the staircase.

"No one," I said quietly wiping away the tears. I pulled my hood up and ran down the stairs to the front door. I ran out and ran down the street. I kept running until I got back to where my neighborhood was. The wind was blowing cold and my hood had fallen down a long time ago. I ran to where Officer Lee's house was when I lived here. I didn't really pay any attention to who sold their house and who didn't.  I ran up to the door and knocked on it.

"Annyeong~!" A young girl said opening the door. She was little, like maybe a young child, 6 or 7. I smiled and waved.

"Jihyun! What did I say about opening the front door?" I heard a woman asking walking out of what might have been the kitchen.

"Hello, do you need something?" She asked smiling and picking up the little girl.

"Yes, do you know where Officer Lee would be?" I asked looking around.

"Oh, my husband's father. He should be here in a few minutes," she said smiling, "And who might you be?"

"Sang Eunmi, but you can call me Sumi," I said smiling and looking at a car driving up the drive way.

"Sumi!" Officer Lee said stepping out of the car. He looked at me then walked closer and I pushed up my sunglasses and he looked at my eyes.

"Let's talk," I said looking at him. He nodded his head and took me inside.

"Minyoung, can you take Jihyun to the park?" He asked smiling. She nodded her head and went out the door.

"What's wrong?"

"Did you ever find anything out about my parents case?" I asked eyeing him. He frowned and shook his head.

"The guy covered up his tracks well." I frowned and looked out the window.

"Why did you all of the sudden bring it up?"

"Because that bastard is in my head now. I had a bad dream last night. I have a feeling he is still out there waiting to get me, but maybe someone else too," I said looking back to him and covering my face. He patted my back and sighed.

"Sumi, that's impossible. It happened over five years ago," he said. I looked up and shook my head.

"What if it wasn't?! What if he still was!!" I said slightly raising my voice but calming down again. He shook his head.

"Why would he brutally murder only one family and not do anything about it to give himself away?"

"I don't know! Why don't you go ask a murderer?" I said glaring at him.

"Alright Sumi. I don't know who brought this topic up, but forget the conversation and try to rest," he said patting my head and walking with me to the door. I frowned and nodded my head.

"Bye," I said walking towards my house. I turned down my driveway and looked at the house.

"I miss you," I said opening the front door. I looked around and everything was the way I left it, except the television, it was in the room at the dorm. I looked around and went into the kitchen.

"I stood here that day, not thinking about anything unimportant, just where appa and umma was at that moment," I said quietly looking around at the kitchen taking everything. I closed my eyes and saw the image that was in my dream. I quickly opened my eyes and ran out of the house. I closed the door and locked it. I pulled my hood up and ran out of the neighborhood.

"I never want to go back, but I will soon anyway," I whispered as soon as I stopped at the park. I sighed and sat on the swing. I waited and waited, nothing happened. No one came. I watched as cars passed by, but that's about it. I watched as the sun went from one side of the sky to the other, disappearing, bringing darkness that soon would be overcome with moonlight. I started to swing and just kept swinging until I was bored.

"We've been looking for you," I heard from beside me. I sighed and looked at Simon. I stood up and walked away.

"Where are you going?" He asked me following me. I just shrugged my shoulders and kept walking. He didn't talk to me, he just let the quietness speak for itself. We got to the dorm and I was about to open the door, but instead I looked at him.

"I never wanted any of this to happen," I said turning away and opened the door to the dorm and went upstairs. I sat on my bed and looked around. I looked for a suitcase. I looked underneath the bed and found one. I pulled it onto the bed and went into my closet, pulling out all of my clothes. I started to pack, putting everything in neatly, my clothes, my books, and everything else that could fit. My room was almost empty now, all that was left was the television and the vanity. I sighed and looked at the clock.

"3 in the morning? Already?" I said checking my phone to confirm it.

"22 missed calls? Really," I said unlocking my phone and checking all of them. I locked my phone and put it in my purse.

"Good-bye," I whispered walking to the elevator with my suitcase. My body tensed as the doors closed and I pressed the 'M' button for the main floor.

"I was never good at good-byes," I said opening the front door quietly and walking away from the dorm. I soon arrived to my old house and opened the front door. I walked to the stairs and lugged my bag up the stairs.

"This. Is. Too. Heavy." I was breathing deeply between each words. I opened the door to my room and unpacked everything. I put it back the way it was before. I sighed and sat down on the bed.

"I'll talk to the Director in the morning." I stood up again and changed into pajamas and lied down to sleep.


Author's Note: Surprised? I hope so^^

I hope you are caught off-guard. That was this chapter's whole meaning, give it more drama, more suspense.

Please enjoy~ I'll update soon^^ Fair warning, I am leaving Friday and I won't be back till Sunday, so please bear with me those days.

And no, I won't be able to come back early. I'm going out of town with my sister before she goes off to PA school!

I'll miss you, but I'll update again today/tomorrow^^ <3

Saranghae chingu!