Chapter 8

A Secret I Would Die For

The seventh day.

“Hi.” He greeted me as if nothing totally embarrassing happened yesterday. Well, I really didn’t want him to remember every detail of it, but then I’d still like to know his own opinion. “Are you okay?” He my hair and ruffled it up.

“Uh, yeah.” I muttered and sighed.

“Are you available for tonight?” He asked me in a casual voice, making his way through his office chair.

“I think so.” I looked at my watch as if I’d see my schedule there. “Why?” I asked him. “Is there something going on tonight?” I asked him again. Well, I’m hoping for a date, haha.

“Well, just a little gathering among friends.” He replied. “It’s okay if you don’t want to accompany me.” He looked at me.

“No, it’s not that.” I pouted. “I’ll go with you.” He smiled and returned his focus back to his work.

--

“Hey, you didn’t tell me it’s an alcohol drinking party.” I hit him playfully.

“Why?” He asked me. “Anything the matter? Don’t tell me you’re Methyphobic?” He asked me and I was shocked that he knew the term for that.

“How’d you know?” I asked him.

“So, you really are?” He asked back, laughing a little as if he did something I wasn’t expecting him to do so.

“No.” I shook my head.

“Well, I started researching on the ‘List of Phobias’ once you told me you were Astraphobic.” He said. Aw, that’s so sweet, I thought. But then you weren’t really thinking that I had all the phobias, right? I asked myself a question I wanted him to answer, but decided not to.

“For all lightning and thunder lovers.” The host started, distracting us from our little and sweet conversation. “We have some variety show for you.” I looked at the stage and then back at Chun. I know he knew what I mean by that. That we must get out of here before I collapse just hearing the words ‘lightning’ and ‘thunder’.

“You go ahead towards the lobby.” He commanded me. “I’ll get some drinks.” He winked at me and pushed me towards the door lobby.

--

After a few minutes or so, fidgeting back and forth the lobby, he arrived with a bucket of beer in his hands?

“Here, have some.” He popped one out from the bucket and handed it to me.

“No, thanks.” I replied, pushing it back to him. “I don’t want to end up driving for some drunkard, okay?” I said that loud and clear enough for him to hear.

“It won’t hurt.” He encouraged again and tried handling the bottle of beer again to me, but then I rejected again. “Fine!” He said, giving up on giving it to me as he opened the bottle up and drank it ‘till it was half empty.

“Hey, you have a poor capacity of alcohol, Chun.” I yelled at his ear, but he won’t listen. Instead, he put the bottle towards my mouth. An indirect kiss, I thought as I the mouth of the bottle to savor the taste. Not that bad, I thought again as I aggressively got the bottle out of his hand and drank it ‘till it was empty.

“Wild Cherries.” I whispered, my lips.

“See.” He said. “I told you, it won’t hurt.” I nodded and asked for another one again. “You even liked it with my own saliva.” I hit him.

“Hey, wouldn’t the people right there tell us to get out of here?” I asked Chun, pointing to the people behind the counter. “You see, it isn’t so appropriate drinking in the lobby.” I said, not forgetting my manners.

“We could get a room upstairs.” He just helped me remember that this was a hotel that had a party in the basement where we came from.

“Oh yeah, just in time when you start sobering up.” I nodded in agreement and trailed behind his back as he asked the people behind the counter for a room unit. They gave the key unit up easily as we headed upstairs to find the room.

--

My eye sight got blurry every minute and all I could see now is Chun. I looked down his face only to find his cherry red lips, which is all I wanted to kiss. Anyway, he would taste like the alcohol I just drank so it wouldn’t differ if I kissed him right now as to how the alcohol tasted. So, I didn’t think twice. I cupped his cheeks hard in an instant and kissed him right on the spot. I could easily tell that he was drunk right there and then and I was too, so it perhaps wouldn’t hurt if I’d take advantage of him even for today.

Every minute the kiss lasted was like heaven. In a swift but tender manner, all I could feel is heat. I lay on the bed beside him – . We stayed up all night and didn’t care about what was currently happening to the world. Whether that could be the current president of China resigned or all the people died and there we were, the only persons left that survived. All I could feel now is the lust and pleasure I have when we’re together.