Chapter 20

A Secret I Would Die For

“Just a little more push, Ella!” The doctor announced as I pushed to my limits, while I gripped on Chun’s wrists. I was actually strangling him to death, but the pain I’m experiencing now could never be compared to what I’m doing to him now.

“Just a little more.” Chun repeated, trying to get out from my grip. Now, I was digging my nails onto his skin. “Ow!” He yelled, trying to resist the pain.

Just lately, I thought… We were talking about such stuff as who killed his parents and all. I’ve let the cat out of the bag, once I told him what the truth really is and I don’t think we’d talk about it later again? I asked myself and for once looked at him seriously while I delivered our baby. Beads of sweat strangled my whole body and the heat was burning me! I pushed a little more and then let go of what I am thinking just now. Oh and yeah, Chun wasn’t crying anymore when I looked at him again. But then instead, I found him smiling once he found the doctor carrying the baby.

Wait! The baby, it’s finally out of me! I exclaimed all to myself and fainted right at that moment that I saw the sight of blood as our baby cried.

“Elle!” Chun who was about to go to the doctor to cut whatever it is, came running back to me when he saw me faint. That was the last thing I heard from him when I fainted.

--

I felt a gush of air blow on my face when I woke up just to see Chun’s face right in front of me.

“Huneeh, you’re awake!” He exclaimed, with that silly expression plastered on his face as he carried our baby who looked like she didn’t have blood all over her already.

“No blood?” I asked him, hesitating to look at our baby. HAHAHA. I’m so ashamed of myself.

“Nope.” Chun swayed his head from left to right as he handed her to me.

“Oh my God.” I muttered and got teary eyed just by the sight of seeing our baby. “She’s so cute. She looks like you, Chun.”

“Really?” He asked me and took a glance once again at our little angel. I nodded. “Did she cause you too much pain?” He asked me once again, looking at my face to see if somehow I still feel pain.

“Not really, but I do still feel the pain.” I replied and rocked our baby back and forth who seems to be sleeping.

“Elle…” He whispered, trying to get my attention.

“Hm?” I tilted my head up to see his face, which suddenly just turned serious. “About the—never mind!” He abruptly changed the topic and suppressed a forced smile as he looked at me.

“Chun.” I held his hand and tried to keep him still. “I’m so sorry.” I muttered yet again with tears running down my face.

“I know.” He tilted my head up and wiped away the tears forming right at the corner of my eyes. “Shouldn’t we be enjoying right now?” He asked and paused right after. “I think we should forget everything from the past and live in the present state of our lives.” He paused again. “Besides, we have so many tasks to handle to even reserve time for what’s uncalled for. We’re already parents, Elle and I want to always be here for the both of you.”

“Chun…” I whispered and cried even more. “You’re making me cry once again!” I exclaimed grumpily and lowered down my voice when I realized that our baby’s still sleeping. “If only I could hug and kiss you right at this moment.” I looked down at our baby.

“What should we name her?” He asked and smiled at me as if assuring me that everything’s turning perfectly fine and as if he wouldn’t mind whatever I told him just lately. When I thought that the aftermath would turn out something opposite to this. I never know if things turned out the other way around, I don’t have back up! But then again, I’m so thankful for Chun – my husband, my life giver, my oxygen, my guardian and my everything.

“Elle.” He snapped me from my thoughts as I stopped staring at him.

“Is there something wrong?” He asked me, running a hand on his face.

“No.” I replied and took his hand once again in mine to lightly squish it. Right after, he kissed me quickly that sent me staring onto space.

“Feel any better?” He asked me.

“Yeah.” I nodded.

“So, what should we name her?” He asked me once again, hoping for an answer.

“Something that starts with a ‘C’.” I replied and pushed the falling hair from out baby’s face to the side.

“Camille.” He looked at her.

“One of your ex’?” I asked him with my brow slightly raised up at him.

“No, don’t worry.” He assured me and messed up my hair.

“Then what?” I raised my other brow up again at him and asked as if I’m suspicious as to what name he just suggested.

“Just thought of it.” He told me, as he rolled his eyes. I hit him playfully right away as the baby’s crying sound came as I looked down on my arms where the baby lay peacefully sleeping a little while before.

“Aw.” I muttered and poked her cheeks. “Mommy’s here.” I cradled her, while Chun looked at me as if he thinks that it’s impossible for me to be acting this way.

“And daddy.” He whispered and sat beside me as he put his arms around me.

“Mr. and Mrs. Wu.” The nurse announced. “We have to bring her back to the nursery.”

“Really?” I asked her with a pout forming on my face.

“They’re sure, of course.” Chun put his finger over my nose as I blew up air on my face to blow my bangs of my face as I carefully handed our little angel to the nurse.

“Make sure to take care of her!” I warned the nurse, even before she could take my bao bei away and then off they go.

“I’ll go too.” Chun stood up from his seat and tilted his head back a bit to look at me before he even has the chance to go.

“Don’t go.” I muttered, sighing as I took in a deep breath. “We still need to talk about a lot of things.”

“Wouldn’t you want to talk after we check you out from the hospital?” He asked me. “After you check out, Camille would still be staying for a few weeks at the hospital and that few weeks I suppose, should settle everything.”

“No.” I muttered. “Stay.” I replied coldly and hugged him from behind. “Just stay, please.” I paused. “I really do think we really need to talk now.”

“Okay…” He whispered. “We’ll talk.”