Chapter 2

A Secret I Would Die For

I woke up to the sound of my alarm clock Hebe gave me two years back. It still looked good as new. After all, this is the first time I’d ever use it for being an agent doesn’t really require for you to have this. I looked to my left and found the sun shining over my room. It’s been a couple of years since I last saw light like this – the sun.

I quickly hopped out from my bed, took-a-bath and changed to some decent pair of clothes. I combed my hair and quickly went down the stairs to cook some food for myself. Today, I’ve decided that I’m going to apply for some normal job. I’ve had some experience in everything when I was in pre-college so finding a job shouldn’t give me a hard time.

--

In an instant that I didn’t even notice, another cab dropped me off town. I looked around my surroundings and really found it amusing. It’s like it’s the first time I’ve ever went here! I started off to my right and asked every store owner any job that I could apply for.

“You could apply for a janitor here, since we’re lacking some.” An old man looked at me up and down, stopping right at my s. I noticed that and slammed the store door shut. That moment I just had there… that’s one of the most disgusting man I’ll ever know. Well, it’s not as if I really knew him.

I went toward the next store, which was to my surprise the ‘Job Finder’. I asked for some jobs I could apply for here even before I knew that, so the woman from the counter thought that I was absurd to ask – that I didn’t know anything about finding a job.

“Could I apply for some jobs here?” I asked.

“Can’t you see that this is the Job Finder?” The woman asked me. “You could get some ideas from the pile of ads there.” She pointed. I went towards the pile of ads and got one. This isn’t as bad as I thought; I thought I could never find a list of jobs in here.

As I got out of the shop, I quickly spotted this ‘Fountain’ view and sat beside the chairs beside it. I rested for a while. I know I’ve just gone through two stops, but then the attitude of the people around me lowered my self esteem. I thought it would be easy as pie for me to land on a new job, but I was wrong. After a few minutes or so, a man with jet black hair sat beside me. I took a peak at him and found out that he was staring at me. He was handsome; he had those cherry red lips and everything you could ask for a perfect boyfriend and such. He’s even more and much better than Show, but then I know I can’t just sit there and relax, looking at him 24/7. I knew he would go anytime, so I allowed myself to stand up first and walk away. But before I could start walking away, a hand pulled me back. I looked back and saw the man sitting beside me holding on my wrist.

“What?” I asked him.

“Uh, I see that you’re trying to apply for jobs, am I right?” He asked me and I simply just nodded my head in response.

“Do you have some job experience?” He asked me again and I nodded.

“Do you want to go with me?” He asked again. I glared at him, and then he laughed.

“I won’t do you any harm.” He responded. “I desperately need a secretary and I think that you might be the perfect one.”

“Okay, then.” I replied and released his grip from my hand.

“Oh, sorry.” He apologized and took his hand away from me.

--

Even before I knew it, we were in his office. He asked me for my resume and I simply just handed it to him. In my resume, I wrote my part-time job as a secretary, excluding being as an agent for it was forbidden to tell that information to anyone. Not at least that particular person is the one you’re doing errands for. You can’t even tell your relatives, if you don’t want them to die yet. For what I know, families and relatives of my ex-colleagues didn’t know about their real jobs, excluding Genie. I heard from her that they were shocked at first and forced her to quit her job, but then he rejected their offer and moved out of their own house. Okay, enough of that for he’s giving me back again my resume.

“You’re hired!” He announced right at my face. “You’re in charge of my daily schedules and appointments.”

“Huh?” I looked at him in confusion as if I can’t accept the fact that I’m hired in an instant and won’t need to look over for jobs already.

“You can start whenever you like.” He conversed confidently and disregarded my question.

“Now?” I asked.

“Up to you.” He replied with that weird smile on his face.

“Okay.” I replied. “So, where do I go?” I asked him.

“Your office is next to mine.” He pointed at his right. “In a minute or so, people would start calling you for appointments and such. Just call for me if you need anything done or don’t get it. Not to forget… your attire here in this office should be formal. That one you’re wearing is okay, I suppose.” He pointed at the black dress I was wearing. Oh, how I love black! When I was an agent, I would always wear that black, skinny and fit outfit, haha.

“Uh, okay.” I replied awkwardly. “By the way, I’m Ella Chen.” I walked to him and offered him my hand. “I think that it would be too impolite not introducing myself to you first, sir.”

“Chun. Chun Wu. Just call me Chun, for I don’t really mind.” I stopped and found the floor amusing at the moment. He offered his hand and I didn’t react at all. He shook me and then I was back to reality. “Is there something wrong?”

“No – Nothing at all.” I shook his hand and went towards my said office beside his.

--

Guys, believe it or not but I got this story`s idea when I got mad with my parents for scolding me, haha. Hahaha, now that was random. :]