Chapter 9

A Secret I Would Die For

TGIS, the eighth day! Thank God it’s Saturday, I praised as the sun brightly shone through one of the hotel’s unit room, which happens to be the one we’re staying at.

I was facing my left side only to take in Chun’s sweet scent and only for me to realize that I was hugging him and that my legs were wrapped all around him. Oh My God, I bumped my head to the bed and remembered what happened last night. Waa, I just took advantage of Chun and still couldn’t get over the fact that I killed his parents… Will he ever forgive me once he finds out? I asked myself.

Even before I could move away from him, his eyes slowly opened up, obviously too much brightened by the intensity of the sun as he blinked. I noticed that he noticed the position we were in, so I quickly pretended to be asleep. He carefully brought my hands and legs back to its own place and faced me. He gently brushed away my bangs which were covering my face up and placed it behind my ear. Does he know what happened last night? I asked myself. And he’s not mad at all? I smiled.

“Hey, are you awake?” He asked me. He must’ve noticed the smile on my face. I hit him playfully below the blankets with my eyes closed. “Ouch!” He yelled in pain. I didn’t even notice that I kind of hit him ‘down’ there.

“Sorry.” I apologized and hugged him, my head in the crook of his neck, fitting perfectly. My body touched him again, I blushed. “Hey, don’t be mad at me, okay?” I asked. Well, more like pleaded for him not to be mad at me about what happened yesterday night.

“That depends.” He closed his eyes, took in my scent and hugged me back. Now, our bodies were really touching – tightly. We stayed in that position for a couple of minutes. The only thing that distracted that moment we had there was—me, finally sobering up and running towards the bathroom to ‘vomit’. Chun was there, swaying his hand up and down my back – up to my . God, when did he become this erted? I asked myself. Maybe he really was, I just didn’t know until now. Or maybe this is a revenge for stealing his first kiss? Haha.

“Hey, it can’t be that you’ve developed the baby in an instant?” I choked on my saliva once he said that. I stood up and went towards the sink to gargle and wash my face before I could even ask him any question I wanted him to answer and to answer his own question.

Once I turned around to look at him, I roamed my eyes all around his body. Oh, we’re still , I thought. This is making me feel uneasy for he was too – looking at me up and down. “Hey!” I distracted him. “Could you please put on some clothes before we talk?”

“Why?” He asked me with his eyebrows raised.

“Because seeing you in front of me makes me feel uneasy.” I whispered and bowed my head down. “And the fact that we just had bothers me in some sort of way that—“ I cut my thoughts. “Just wait for me right there, I’ll just wash up.” Then, I slammed the door shut and for five minutes, all I could hear is the water sprinkling over me.

--

“Hey, has she called?” Selina asked Hebe who looked frustrated and looking like she can answer Selina just by just looking at her facial expressions.

“Well, what do you think?” Hebe sighed. “I can’t even track her down.”

“Where do you think she’s at now?” Selina asked.

“Probably at her house…” Hebe whispered.

“Hebe, I have a suggestion.” Selina stated.

“What?” Hebe asked with curiosity written all over her face.

“Tomorrow, we go to where Ella is residing at.” Selina announced. “I can’t probably let Ella die. Not a chance at all.” Selina paused. “Because once she dies, I might blame myself for it.”

--

After I finished washing up, I put on a robe over my body and walked out the bathroom. “Your turn.” I stated, my eyes looking for Chun. I found him on the bed – sleeping. I walked to the edge of the bed nearest to him. “I love you.” I whispered to his ears and kissed his left cheek. “If ever I’d really get pregnant because of last night…” I paused. “would you ever take the responsibility?” With that, I stood up and walked towards my own pile of clothes.

But even before I could… “Of course.” A deep and stern voice answered. A grip on my hand prevented me from moving. He pulled me towards him and in instant; I was right on top of him. My robe swung open and my front part of the body was exposed.

“Hey, please no!” I pleaded as if I knew what he was going to do next with me. But, I was wrong. Instead, he pushed me to the space beside him on the bed where I lay just lately even before we woke up.

“I am willing to take full responsibility.” He started, rolling to his right to see my reaction, perhaps.

“Really?” I cried. “And why would you do that?” I asked and cried even more.

“Because I love you too.” He replied and wiped the tears forming right at the corner of my eyes with his thumb. Aw, I couldn’t feel any better than this. I didn’t know he loved me, I thought he would abandon me after what happened last night. But all the negative thoughts I thought of faded away when he told me he loved me too. I couldn’t wish any more than this, I thought and hugged him as tight as I could as he hugged back.