Chapter 7

A Secret I Would Die For

The sixth day.

“What did Elle say?” Rainie asked Hebe, running towards her work cubicle.

“She told me not to bother her with anything or else she’d break our connection to her.” Hebe replied.

“How could she possibly do that?” Rainie asked. “The agency can track any person.” Rainie rolled her eyes.

“Haven’t you remembered that she’s an ex-agent?” Hebe asked.

“So, what’s your point?” Rainie asked.

“Rain, duh!” Hebe rolled her eyes at Rainie. “Of course she’d know how to break in and break out the agency’s connections.”

“Oh yeah.” Rainie pouted.

--

I tried to forget that he wanted to kill me; though I know that that logical thinking of him wanting to kill me would come stumbling back on my mind.

“Hello.” A lady came barding in his office. “Welcome me back.” She announced, with a bubbly smile plastered her face.

“Why are you here?” Chun asked her as if he didn’t want to see this woman’s face.

“I’m here for you, dear.” The woman replied. I felt a pang of jealousy hit me, but then didn’t mind anyway.

“You can’t just come and go like you used to, Charlene.” I heard her name. “One more thing, don’t call me dear.” He commanded, clearly sticking it on to her mind.

“Why?” She asked, looking at me.

“Because we’re no longer together.” Chun replied. “Besides, I’ve another woman I love now.” He looked at me, sliding his office chair in a circle.

“Her?” The girl named Charlene asked and pointed at me. Chun nodded and stood up, went towards me to pull me in for a hug.

“Don’t be afraid.” He whispered to my ears. “This girl you’re seeing right now’s my ex.” He continued. I was speechless for he was hugging me again. Every time he hugs me, I just couldn’t say a thing. “Can I kiss you?” He asked me. But even before I could reply, I claimed his mouth, put my hand around his neck and kissed him with fierce passion. Our tongues battled and I was happy, because he responded, slid his hands on my back and that his worthless ex saw the whole scene.

“Ugh.” Charlene yelled. “I hate you.”

“I hate you too.” Chun replied, abruptly stopping the kiss and then quickly kissed me again after.

“What was all that for?” I asked him once he stumbled back to his seat to inhale and exhale some air. Probably, I was all the air, haha.

“I don’t love her anymore.” Was all that he could manage to utter. “Your lips were so soft.” He touched his lips, but this time as he talked to me, he wasn’t looking at me like he used to. It was as if he was embarrassed of how I just acted, but he his lips, I saw it. You might be asking me what’s my point, but then sorry I don’t have an explanation for what I just thought about.

“Uh?” I blushed; I didn’t know what to say. “Well, I guess so.”

“I told you, I didn’t love her.” He suddenly spoke, out of the blue staring at his laptop.

“Have you kissed her before?” I asked a stupid question. He turned to me and raised his eyebrow as if he was questioning me with his facial expressions what made me question him about that matter.

“Where?” He asked and I blushed. God, I shouldn’t have asked that question and then he replies to me and asks me ‘where’. Well, where could he have possibly kissed her, anyway? I asked myself.

He chuckled. He just read my mind – again. “Well, I haven’t really kissed her. I only kissed her on the cheeks, nothing more than that.” He just saved me from embarrassing myself and I was relieved. “You’re the first I’d kiss on the lips.” I had that cheesy smug on my face with a light tint of pink forming on either side of my cheeks.

“But you were great.” I complimented him, which sent him choking on his saliva. Great, I’m embarrassing myself once again! I just turned to a deeper shade of red. Well, almost the color of a tomato.

“You’re really great in embarrassing yourself.” He complimented me in return, still laughing at my stupidity.

“Uh, I’d like to ask if it really it is true that you love—“ I stopped. “Me?” I thought. Oh, how I wanted to ask him that question, but then I knew I’d embarrass myself once again if I do so I stopped.

“I love?” He asked, encouraging me to continue. I bowed my head down and quietly exited his office to return to my own office, trying to ignore him.

--

I sighed.

I’m so absurd, I thought.

How could he possibly return the feelings I had for him? I asked myself.

It isn’t impossible, but then it would be—I don’t know.

I guess I’ll just wait for what’s yet to happen.

But then, that kiss--

He told me I was the one who stole his first kiss.

Was it just for the sake of covering him up and showing his ex that she really was worthless for him?

A 27 year-old guy - first kiss? I asked myself and shook my head.

He’s lying, I thought.

But it felt so right. I touched my lips and rested my arms on my office desk, followed by my head.

I’m so in love.

But I don’t know if he knows.