*SLAP*

Feeling's Unknown

 

Onew had never been slapped before; not by this parents, not by his friends and not even Key. Sae Young was the first person that had ever slapped him. He didn't hate that feeling, in fact, he loved it. He loved it because it made him realise his true feelings. His feelings towards Sae Young and especially his feelings towards Key. Although he wanted to thank Sae Young for slapping him he couldn't find himself for saying "Thanks for the slap" because he had to admit it, this girl could really slap and it hurt like hell.

"What was that for?" He asked, sort of angry but not as much as he was grateful.

"To wake you up. To let you see that the one you love shouldn't be Key," Sae Young took a step towards Onew, and, putting her long and slender arms around her neck with her face less than a centimetre away from his, she finished her sentence, whispering.

"You should be loving me." And Sae Young kissed Onew. Onew couldn't move because Sae Young had cornered him and Onew knew, that Sae Young did it on purpose because she knew that he was a gentleman and wouldn't push her away until she let go of him. But for once, Onew was going to break his image. He shoved Sae Young away, making her back bang against the wall. She looked at Onew, anger and hurt filled in her chocolate brown eyes.

"I'm sorry Sae Young. I have to go. I'm really worried about Key." Onew walked away, but then halfway through he heard a shout from down the hall where he had left Sae Young.

"You're going to come back to me Lee Jinki! I promise you that!" Onew shuddered because he knew Sae Young and when she set her mind to something she would always accomplish it. Onew put all his worried to the back of his mind and began to run out into the heavy rain.

 

Sae Young was angry. Sae Young had never been as mistreated as she was today and she wasn't about to forget it any time soon. She vowed to herself, that she would make Onew come back to her and beg her to take him back but of course, by that time it would already be to late and Onew would regret leaving her, abandoned in a dark and eerie hallway.

 

Key stopped running. He was soaking wet and was shivering inside and out. The rain had gotten itself into every part of his body and was making his skin cold and numb. Key was crying.  No one could tell because the rain was on his face. Key looked around him and spotted a park that Onew and him had always visited every fortnight for a long walk. Key walked into the grey and dark park and all the memories that Onew and Key had had in this place filled his eyes.

 

***

 

"Onew! Wait for me!" Key looked ahead of him, his breathing uneven, and saw his best friend running far ahead of  him and if it wasn't because Onew kept on looking back to check on Key, Onew would have disappeared from Key's view already. Onew slowed down, waiting for Key to catch up to him and when Key had finally caught up with him they jogged around the park together.

"What took you so long?" Onew said to Key who was lying down on the grass, exhausted after that very long and tiring run.

"You seem to have forgotten that I fail physical ed?" Onew laughed. Onew would always remember that disappointed face on Key when they got back their reports every year. Every time they got their reports back the first page Key would turn to was physical ed because that was the only subject he ALWAYS failed; guaranteed. Onew laughed. Key looked at Onew annoyingly and playfully slapped Onew on the arm and said gruffly,

"You're laughing at me aren't you Mr-know-it-all?" Onew recalled that he always never failed in physical ed nor any of the other subjects so he was classified as a "nerd" or a "Mr.-know-it-all" in Key's dictionary.

 

***

 

Key saw Onew reading a book in their school library and memorised the way his eyes would move to and fro through all the pages in less than a few minutes and how his lips was slightly smiling. Key loved the way, every time Onew picked up a book, he would become excited and he would smile. Key also loved that whenever Onew was reading he would always end up reading for hours and hours and even if Key had left, he wouldn't notice because he would be so engrossed into his book. Key's friends would state things that just made him smile.

"How can you stand that?"

"If it was me I would be very angry!"

"He's ignoring you!"

Key knew that. He knew all those things but he didn't mind because that was exactly the reason why he loved Onew so much; because when he set his mind to do something, he would always finish it no matter what.

 

***

 

All these memories flooded back into Key's mind and Key started to cry even more.

 

"Key..." Key froze. He recognised that voice. That voice that he had been listening to for nearly all his life. That voice that always made Key smile.

 

"Key...we need to..." Key started to run again. Although Key knew that he wouldn't be able to run faster  than Onew he had to try. Key kept on running and running through the never ending rain into the darkness that lay there ahead of him, leading Key to somewhere he didn't know.  Soon though, Key heard a pair of footsteps that was splashing its way through all the puddles on the ground and creeping slowly towards him. Suddenly, he felt a pair of hands grab his upper arm and twisted Key to face that person. Key stopped moving. He looked at the panting Onew and for a split second, he was about to smile realising that he had just out ran Onew but he stopped himself when the image of Onew and that girl standing there, in the hall way, Onew's hands on her cheeks.

 

"Key...will you just listen?" Key was angry. He couldn't take it anymore.

 

*SLAP*

 

Key's hands shot out and hit Onew's right cheek. Onew's head snapped to the left and there, leaving it painful mark was Key's hang print. Onew let go of Key, his hand cupping his stinging cheek.

 

Onew looked at Key.

 

"What was that for?!?!"