School Dance Prep.

Feeling's Unknown

 

The whole room was stunned by what Jae had said but soon it was all forgotten and in a few days everything was back to normal and Key and Onew acted as if they kiss they had shared never happened but neither of them denied that they loved it and enjoyed it. One day, during lunch, their senior, Ryeowook, came up to Donghae, Kyuhyun, Du Joon, Onew and Key.

“Hey. Onew, can I talk to you for a moment?” Onew looked at everyone and when his gaze settled at Key, Key gave him a little push and that was all the encouragement he needed. Onew got up and walked with Ryeowook hyung to the senior common room, there all his seniors was there. Ryeowook gestured to Onew to sit down and he did so. Soon, Ryeowook hyung began to talk.

 

“Hello Onew and everyone. This is a meeting that I, as school captain am holding. The principal and I have decided to have a school dance with senior year students and Onew dongseng’s year.” Onew looked at Ryeowook surprised.

“Because Onew is the chosen student representative of his year, he will be helping us to prepare for all the decorations and so on. This event is due to be held on the 24th of June, a month from now and so I have decided that we will meet here to prepare for everything every three days for about two hours after school. It will be a combined event with Sang Ying Girls College so their head student of senior year will chose a few people in their school to come to ours and help with everything. If there are any problems please tell me and I’ll help you sort it out. If there are no more enquiries you can go back to lunch.” As Onew was about to leave, a bit confused, Ryeowook called out.

“Onew dongseng, do not leave yet. I need to talk to you.” When everyone had left and Onew and Ryeowook was the only one in the senior common room, Ryeowook began to talk.

“I know that you are probably very, very confused about this.” When the school captain saw Onew nod uncertainly he continued with a slight smile of understanding.

“This is the first time that the senior years will hold a school dance because usually, every year, it was the principal and teachers who decided whether or not the students could participate depending on their performance in class. It’s been a few years now. I still remember when I came to this school, that very year they had a school dance but then after that there was no more. Why wasn’t there any more school dances?” Ryeowook looked at Onew. Onew shrugged and said the first thing that popped into his head.

“Because everyone stopped trying?” Ryeowook looked at Onew for a second and then laughed, bemused.

“I’m not surprised that you got the answer that quickly since you’re a straight A student.” Ryeowook laughed for a bit more and then returned to his serious mode.

“You’re right. Everyone had stopped trying and now, very few people even remember the school dance. So that is why I managed to convince the principal into letting my year prepare for it.”

“Then how come I’m part of this?”

“Good question,” Ryeowook commented.

“Simple; because when I leave school they will only remember SOME parts. I’m giving you the responsibility to do the same thing again next year.” Onew starred at Ryeowook, not understanding. Ryeowook towed Onew towards the window, overlooking the play ground.

“I want you to choose someone who had the ability to become school captain next year from year 11 to help you; like what I did.” Onew looked at Ryeowook, surprised.

 

“You think I can become school captain?” Ryeowook nodded and said,

“I’ve been watching you since the year started Onew dongseng. I’ve seen you help other pick up their books when they dropped, helped the cleaners pick up rubbish and even stopped someone from getting harmed. I know you well enough that you will easily become school captain.” Onew was stunned. He didn’t know what to say, how to respond. Ryeowook looked at Onew closely, waiting for an excited reaction but got none.

“Look, just come to the meetings I had said earlier and if you miss one of them, I’ll decide then whether or not you’re REALLY fit for a school captain’s duty, okay?” Onew nodded and Ryeowook gently pushed Onew out, closing the door on his back. As Onew was about to head back to the place where he knew Key was waiting for him, he heard the bell faintly, but on he continued to walk, to the place where he knew there was some kind of logic and where there will be someone waiting for him.

 

Key was getting really worried when the school captain took Onew. He had heard rumours that the school captain was gay but he didn’t know whether or not to believe it but now that Onew was gone, he was getting scared. Key waited and waited, drifting in and out of his friends conversation about an outing they had planned this weekend.

“...I was thinking that we could...”

“No.....think we...maybe not...” Key was getting more and more worried.

“Key?” Key snapped out of his worried and saw Du Joon look at him, waiting for an answer. Key didn’t know what to say.

“I’m sorry...I didn’t hear your question...” Kyuhyun laughed and he repeated the question about what time they should meet that day.

“How about 11 am?” Everyone nods and they all resume their conversation but Key resumes is unlimited amount of worrying. Soon, the bell rings and everyone gets up, brushed their clothes, takes their books and begin to walk to class but they all stop when they realise that Key wasn’t with them. They turned around and saw Key sitting there, looking at the direction Onew had left. They soon began to walk back to Key and as Donghae was about to say something Key was up.

“Key...-“ Up Key stood and he began to run away. They all followed his running direction and saw him run into a smiling Onew. When they saw Key and Onew hugging each other, they knew that everything was fine and they began to leave, scared of being late to their classes and happy for their best friends.

 

"What did Ryeowook hyung want you for?" Onew gave Key a slight smile and tugged Key towards class, avoiding the question. Key pouted and Onew laugh and the face and then suddenly, he felt the urge to kiss his best friend again. Onew stopped walking in the middle of the hall way and looked at Key. Key stopped walking to when he realised that Onew had stopped halfway down the hallway. He looked at Onew in the eye and the suddenly, he knew what Onew was thinking. Key wanted it to happen, but he was scared that what if a teacher sees, what is a student or a person they know comes around the corner and sees them kissing...all these images frightened Key and Onew could tell when he saw Key shivering slightly and his face looking indecisive. Onew sighed and suppressing his urge to kiss his best friend he took Key's hand and walked down the corridor, into their class room late. The teacher asked them where they were, why they were late and both of them answered 'because we forgot'. Seeing the teacher sigh and shake his head Onew and Key made their way down the rows of shaking heads and sneaky smiles to the back of the classroom, to which where their seats were. They both sat down at the same time, took out their book and began to begin their always boring maths lesson.