The B*tch

Feeling's Unknown

*DING DING DING*

 

The school bell rang, signaling the end of the day.

 

Key walked out of the classroom, not packing.

 

He had nothing to pack.

 

He wasn’t supposed to go to school today but he just came because he missed the school environment.

 

Key and Onew had texted each other that they would meet at the gates of the school, rather than at either of their classrooms because they were going to have a hard time going against the flow.

 

As Key and Kyuhyun walked down the stairs and out of the school building, they were chatting about how they should get Onew to ask him to the dance.

 

“How bout you just ask him?” Kyuhyun said straight forwardly.

 

“No. Way. Not going to happen.” Key instantly replied.

 

Although he had thought about that possibility, he didn’t particularly wanted to try it.

 

“Write him a note and put it in his mail box?” Kyuhyun suggested again.

 

They were nearly at the gates now.

 

“No. Wait…what’s the difference?!”

 

Kyuhyun laughed.

 

But then, his laugh froze.

 

Key looked at Kyuhyun and was about to turn towards where Kyuhyun was looking when suddenly, Kyuhyun was tugging at his arm, pulling him in the opposite direction to where he was just looking at.

 

“Hey! Let’s go to the games arcade today! We haven’t hung out together for a long time! Maybe we should call the others out as well.”

 

Kyuhyun took out his phone.

 

Key stared at the back of Kyuhyun’s head and then stopped, stopping Kyuhyun as well.

 

Kyuhyun turned to face Key.

 

“I said that I would meet up with Onew hyung now. I have to go find him.”

 

Kyuhyun’s eyes widened.

 

“How bout tomorrow? I’m sure he’ll-“

 

Key stared at Kyuhyun.

 

“Hyung. What’s wrong? You’re not like you today?”

 

Kyuhyun didn’t say anything.

 

Suddenly, Key heard a shout,

 

“Onew oppa!”

 

Key whipped around and saw in time, the surprised look of Onew as Sae Young was hugging him.

 

Key turned back around instantly to look at Kyuhyun.

 

Quietly he said,

 

“Let’s go.”

 

Kyuhyun didn’t say anything and just followed Key.

 

Together, they walked out of school in silence.

 

Kyuhyun and Key didn’t know where he was walking off too.

 

Or more like Key didn’t know.

 

Kyuhyun was just following his friend.

 

He wanted to comfort Key but he didn’t know how.

 

So in the end, he just thought that he should just follow Key.

 

Sometimes rather than comforting a person that is sad, it’s easier to just show them that you’re there for them, Kyuhyun thought to himself and nodded.

 

That was exactly what he was going to-

 

“Hyung. I think…I’m going to give up on Onew hyung.”

 

Key suddenly said, breaking Kyuhyun’s train of thought.

 

Kyuhyun didn’t quite understand what Key had just said.

 

“Mwo?”

 

He asked, this time opening up his ears, listening.

 

“I’m going to give up Onew to Sae Young.”

 

Kyuhyun stared at Key for a second and then said,

 

“No.”

 

Key looked at Kyuhyun.

 

Kyuhyun looked back at Key.

 

“No. I won’t let you. I’m going to tell him now. About the bet you two made. I won’t let you two be separated by that girl.”

 

Kyuhyun turned around to walk away.

 

“Hyung! Please…don’t!”

 

Key shouted at Kyuhyun but he didn’t listen.

 

Kyuhyun began to walk faster and faster back the way towards school.

 

When he was back at the front gates of the school, Onew and Sae Young was no where to be found.

 

Kyuhyun angrily pulled out his phone and called Onew.

 

He spun in a circle, seeing if he could spot Onew while he waited for him to pick up.

 

“Yebo-se-yo?” Onew said.

 

“Onew! Where the hell are you? We need to talk.”

 

Kyuhyun heard Onew said in the back ground,

 

“Sae Young! Stop it! Let go of me!”

 

Kyuhyun was getting even angrier now.

 

“Where are you Onew?”

 

“Ah! Joesonghamnida hyung! I’m at...the Starbucks in downtown, down the street from our school. You know right?”

 

Kyuhyun was already walking in that direction before Onew had even finished.

 

“Don’t move. Stay there and don’t let Sae Young drag you anywhere arraso?”

 

Kyuhyun said to the phone.

 

“Hyung…gwaenchana? You don’t sound like yourself…”

 

Kyuhyun didn’t know how to reply.

 

“Just don’t leave ne? I’ll be there in a second.”

 

“Ne…arraso.”

 

Kyuhyun hung up and began to run towards the Starbucks that was only a few blocks more away.

 

When he had arrived, he saw Sae Young trying to two Onew away from Starbucks but he had readily resisted.

 

Kyuhyun was bursting with anger by now.

 

He ran up to Sae Young and Onew.

 

He grabbed the hand Sae Young was holding onto Onew and removed them from Onew’s arm.

 

Sae Young and Onew looked at Kyuhyun surprised but Sae Young recovered immediately.

 

“My…isn’t this Kyu-“

 

*SLAP*

 

Kyuhyun slapped Sae Young and her head snapped to the side.

 

He let go of her and pushed her back, making her fall over onto the ground.

 

Sae Young looked up at Kyuhyun, tears filling her eyes.

 

Kyuhyun knew that she was faking it.

 

But Onew didn’t.

 

As Onew moved around to help Sae Young back, Kyuhyun stopped him.

 

“Onew. Look at the girl in front of you now. Is she more important that Key?”

 

Onew stopped and looked up at Kyuhyun, surprised by the sudden mention of Key.

 

“He wants to give up on you.” Kyuhyun said, quieter.

 

Onew widened his eyes.

 

He didn’t know what to say.

 

He looked at Kyuhyun and was about to speak when a snarling voice spoke first,

 

“Is that so? So the mummies boy decides to give up on Onew oppa huh? Well, I’m glad he made that choice otherwise things were going to get bloody around here.”

 

Onew and Kyuhyun turned to Sae Young, Onew surprised, Kyuhyun expressionless.

 

“What do you mean by that?! What did you do to Key?!”

 

Onew began to run forward towards Sae Young but Kyuhyun restrained him.

 

Sae Young shrugged her shoulders.

 

“I didn’t do anything.”

 

Kyuhyun knew better.

 

“Yes you did.”

 

Kyuhyun spoke up.

 

Onew looked at Kyuhyun.

 

Sae Young stared at Kyuhyun.

 

Kyuhyun opened his mouth and was about to reveal the truth when Sae Young spoke first.

 

She was holding out her phone.

 

“Don’t you dare.”

 

Onew stared at Kyuhyun and then at Sae Young.

 

He wasn’t going to stand there and wait for them to speak.

 

He needed to see Key now.

 

He pushed Kyuhyun’s hands on him and ran off, back in the direction of the school.

 

Kyuhyun watched him go, satisfied.

 

“Too late.”

 

Kyuhyun turned around and saw that Sae Young had just hit a button on her phone.

 

She smiled innocently at Kyuhyun.

 

But her voice was deadly.

 

“Onew oppa is never going to see him again.”