Jealous?

Feeling's Unknown

 

Onew went into the cinema to watch the movie and already the ads were about to end and Onew was thankful that he hadn’t missed the beginning. Onew looked around for where his friends where sitting and soon found the people he was looking for. As he walked up smiling at his friends, he finally saw Key and he didn’t like what he saw; it was the same Key that he had come across with in choir rehearsal. Onew stopped walking. He didn’t know what to do this time, last time Key had forgiven him so easily because he was lucky but he wasn’t so sure about it this time and to be honest, he was really worried. Although he was really worried, he still continued to walk towards them because he knew that sooner or later, he was going to have to face it; and he preferred sooner. Onew walked to where they were sitting [middle back] and walking through all his friends he arrived at the place Key was sitting, alone. He sat down on the empty sit beside him and took Key’s hand into his but before he even held onto it for a second Key snatched his hand back out o Onew’s hand and then the movie started. Onew and Key sat there, in silence, each in their own thoughts but their eyes glued to the screen. Suddenly Onew saw a shadow that he hoped he would never see again. Onew gave out an exasperated sigh and moved into the empty seat beside him and tried to pull Key to the seat he was sitting in a moment before but Key wouldn’t budge and soon when Jae Young reached where Onew was sitting she sat right next to Onew and Key, or more in the middle and she, again, linked her arms around Onew’s. Like that they sat, for the hour and half movie, Key sulking, Onew feeling that he has no personal space and Jae Young, happy. When the movie ended, before the credits even came onto the screen Key was out of his seat and was out the cinema door in a flash, leaving Kyuhyun, Donghae and Du Joon alone with Onew and Jae Young.

When they went out of the cinema doors they split up, Onew and Jae Young behind the very anxious Kyuhyun, Donghae and Du Joon. Jae Young was very, very happy. She was going to get Onew back from the whole time since Key came into the picture.  She remembered everything, every little detail to that very day.

 

 

Jae Young and Onew was playing together when all of a sudden their teacher called them to come over. There, standing tall and with a look of sheer confidence, was Kim Kibum, Key. Jae Young looked at Onew and he was smiling at the little boy. From then on Jae Young knew that things would begin to change but she didn’t know that they would change so dramatically; she just knew things were about to change with Kibum there. From then on, Onew and Key would arrive at school together, play together, eat together and even sleep together and it was as if Jae Young didn’t exist before in Onew’s life; it was as if Key took over her, and she didn’t like it. That day she went home angry as usual after a tiring day and then that night, during dinner her parents told her that they were going overseas. Jae Young didn’t know what to do or what to say so she just nodded mutely, thinking that maybe if Onew stops her from leaving she would try to persuade her parents to stay. But things didn’t turn out the way she wanted them. In the morning when the teacher told all the students in her class that she was going to leave, many girls cried and many boys said nothing; except of Onew and Key. They weren’t even listening to what they teacher was saying and was playing quietly. From then on, after Jae Young left, she vowed that when she saw Onew again she would get him back from Key.

 

 

Onew looked around him, hoping to see Key somewhere but he was nowhere and Onew was getting worried. He looked down and still saw Jae Young there, clinging onto him. He sighed and roughly pushed her away so she stumbled a little making Onew feel a bit guilty. When Jae Young regained her balance she looked at Onew and said,
“Onew, what’s wrong?” Onew suddenly didn’t feel as guilty as he did a second before and he replied,
“Look, I have no time for you okay? Key’s missing and I need to go find him!” Onew began to walk away, turning his head this way and that way. Suddenly he heard his name being called out.
“LEE JINKI!” Onew turned around to face the person who called his name and when he saw it was Jae Young he sighed, gave her a slight smile and walked away. Jae Young stood there, angry and so, she began to scream.
“YAH! LEE JINKI! HOW DARE YOU DO THIS TO ME?!?! WO CARES ABOUT KEY ANYWAY, HES A MAN AND HE CAN LOOK AFTER HIMSELF!!! YOU SHOULDN’T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT HIM!” Onew stopped when Jae Young began to shout and knew that she was right but Onew didn’t want her to be right because he wanted Key to rely on him. Onew turned around to the angry Jae Young and walked back to her.

“Jae...Look. I appreciate everything you have done for me but Key is important to me and-“ Jae Young kissed Onew on the lips. Onew’s eyes widened and then it was as if time froze. Onew stopped moving and Jae Young took over. Soon though, after a minute or so, he regained his consciousness and pushed Jae Young away roughly, this time not caring whether or not she fell. Jae Young looked at Onew and said in a soft and menacing voice,
“Key stole you away from me. I’m going to make sure he pays for that. I don’t care what will happen to me,” She looked up at Onew.
“You belong to me. Forever.” Onew shivered and looked at Jae Young.
“No Jae. Things have changed and I don’t like you. I admit, I DID like you when we were young but every boy in class liked you and we were young then. Things can’t go back to the way they were Jae. Time is moving and we have to go along with it.” Onew stopped talking for a second and then continued.
“Jae...Key is really important to me. He’s my best friend and I tell him everything. I don’t know what I would do if...if I...” Onew stopped talking now but soon he choked out the last two words in a whisper.
“lose him.” Jae looked at Onew and stood up. She hugged him and then let go of him in a second.
“I know he means a lot to you. But you mean a lot to me to. I love you...” Onew looked at Jae, startled. Jae gave him a slight smile.
“Love...what is love Jae?” Jae smiled, her eyes bright and she began to talk.

“Love is when you care for someone more than you own life. Love is when you feel jealous if that person hangs around the opposite gender more than you. Love is...” Jae seemed to have lost her train of thought and so had Onew.
If love is when you care for someone and is jealous of that other person hanging around the other gender to much then doesn’t that mean...

 ***

Onew looked at Key and suddenly he was angry. Key was laughing; and Key wasn’t laughing because of Onew but because of someone else; because of the new transfer student, Kyuhyun. Onew narrowed his eyes at the new transfer student and when he heard Key’s musical laugh a second time because of what that transfer student had said he got really mad and went up to them. He wrapped his arms around Key’s waist tightly, making Key squirm and feeling uncomfortable. Key looked at Onew.
“Onew...it hurts...” Onew pretend he didn’t hear Key and stared at Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun was flawless; just like Key and Onew. Onew gritted his teeth and held out his hand in a business manner.
“Hello. I’m Lee Jinki but Key here,” He gave Kyuhyun a gesture to the annoyed Key and continued his sentence.
“Call’s me Onew. You can call me that too if you want.” Kyuhyun smiled and Onew noticed his flawless teeth as well. Onew hated Kyuhyun even more now. Key gave up trying to squirm out of Onew’s grip and continued to talk to Kyuhyun as if the arm around his waist wasn’t there; as if Onew was air. Onew was getting angry.

 ***

...that he loved Key...

Onew shook his head and instead he looked at Jae. Jae was still in her own little world and so Onew took the chance to slip out of her sight and go look for Key. As Onew rushed out of the cinema, Onew knew, that even though he didn’t like Key like a lover Key was still important to him, regardless and Onew knew that he can’t lose the one he cherishes the most.