45. Quia Amoris

GangWars: A Tale Of Turmoil

 

I AM SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING MUCH, EVERYONE.

As a way to pay back for all the support you have given this story, I'll be doing A DOUBLE UPDATE FOR ALL MY STORIES.

Here is the first update of tonight! <3

= = =

45. Quia Amoris

Quia Amoris: "Because of Love"



"For the sake of the love of my life..."


Quia amoris, one can do anything.


"... I'm willing to swallow my pride."



= = = Soundtrack: DBSK - Why? [Keep Your Head Down] = = =

Taemin had decided.

The moment a hand was placed on his back to comfort him, and he looked up and saw the faces of Hyuna, L.Joe, Youngmin and Kwangmin smiling softly at him, he knew exactly what he was going to do.

"You okay, Taemin-sshi?" L.Joe asked him, and he nodded.

"Yeah. I am." He whispered while trying to pull himself into a standing position.

Youngmin had helped him out and Kwangmin had brushed off the dust from his clothes, and despite the possibility that the SkullBeater group could have tried to kill the ReapedSouls member already, they did not. They knew what was happening with him.

From the sidelines of the SkullBeaters' warehouse, where Taemin had gone off to lend help in staging an ambush on Club Mirage, they understood the reason why he did it.

He was trying to get Shirin.

Hyuna herself had talked to Taemin after that meeting he had with Myungsoo, where she risked to tell him everything they had planned to help Kai and form another brotherhood to go against the current SkullBeaters' head. She had told him also about the options available to him in case he finds out that Shirin really loved Kai more than him.

"It's just one of two things, Taemin-sshi. You either become selfish and claim your happiness... or you become selfless to secure hers."

Now having the posture to breathe properly again, Taemin huffed a sigh before speaking.

"You guys can head on inside. The both of them are targetting for Myungsoo-sshi."

"But what about you, Taemin-sshi? What are you going to do?" Kwangmin asked him worriedly, surprisingly, but Taemin just sighed again.

"The other ReapedSouls people are coming, so I'll give them a heads-up. I'll tell my brothers about your plans so that we can help you. Once your batches of SkullBeaters arrive, just fight alongside the remaining ReapedSouls members. They'll understand quickly." He replied before looking at L.Joe warmly. He placed a hand on his shoulder and smiled when a smirk crawled onto the SkullBeater's lips.

"Protect Shirin-ah and Jongin-ah for me now, will you?"

= = =

"Aish!"

I exclaimed as I felt a sharp pain by my arm, just to find that blood was beginning to flow from a small cut. The man I had fought with just chuckled darkly before attempting to stab me, but I knew what I should do. I did a step to the side, broke the arm which was holding the knife, kicked him in the shin, and drove the knife he was holding to his heart.

Now THAT's settled, I made my way to the location of the VIP rooms of Club Mirage, scanning every place to see whether Kai-yah and Myungsoo-sshi.

I was so absorbed in trying to find where they are that I didn't notice a gun being pointed to my direction.

"Shirin-sshi, duck!"

It was only because of the familiar male voice that reached my ears, and the gunshot that followed it, when I finally realized what I had been unaware of.

"L.Joe-sshi!"

The next thing I knew, the mentioned man was ruffling my hair and taking my hand to help me look for Kai-yah.

"Come on. Myungsoo Hyung is a really good fighter, and I think Kai-yah wouldn't be able to tackle him just by himself."

= = =

"And so it has come to this, Kim Jongin."

Kim Myungsoo, a smirk gracing his features, said with dripping sarcasm as he finally had the mentioned man inside a VIP room alone. Kai, on the other hand, huffed one final time before deciding to buy some time for Shirin's arrival.

"Of course, Myungsoo Hyung. I have been looking forward to this ever since I discovered how much of a power-freak you are." He said sarcastically, stressing the word 'Hyung' in mock-respect. At this, Myungsoo clenched his fists and set his jaw tight.

"I can't believe that you would be like this, Kai-yah. For years, I have treated you as an equal. I have given you power and authority. But you just threw it all away, for what? A prancing, ty, foxy ." He began, and in the silence of the VIP room, Kai's blood boiled.

"Don't you DARE insult Shirin-ah..." The younger Kim threatened boldly, making his way towards the SkullBeaters' leader with a hand set to punch.

But even before he could attack, Myungsoo already caught his fist and kicked him in the side, causing him to stagger back.

"There is a reason that I don't join group spars as much as I facilitate them, Kai-yah. This is it. The moment someone recognizes my fighting style, they would fear me quicker than the speed of light. I didn't become the leader of the SkullBeaters for nothing..." He said, trying to punch Kai's face, but missed. This made him hit the former secondary leader in the gut.

"Aish..." Kai hissed in pain as in his weak state, Myungsoo grabbed him by the hair and flung him back on the ground. Now showing his sadistic side, the older Kim took a knife and poised it on Kai's throat.

"Maybe after I kill you, I'll try to find out what attracted you so much to that Shirin despite the ty girl that she is. I'll taste her." He began, but in the next second, his eyes widened in evident surprise and his knife fell to the ground. His shoulder was bleeding, and he couldn't move his arm without the feeling of pins and needles.

"Let's see if you can do that while I'm around, Myungsoo Hyung..."

All gazes turned towards L.Joe who had a gun in his hand and a smirk on his lips. If Myungsoo was suprised upon what happened to him, then he was shocked as he saw who had the nerve to shoot him on the shoulder.

"W-W-What?!" He cried out, clutching his shoulder, pain showing in his eyes despite his shocked expression.

"It wasn't only Kai-yah who felt that you were being too much of a control freak, Myungsoo Hyung. Your main subgroup leaders also did. We understood what was happening, and we all agreed on who we should support." L.Joe began before pointing the gun straight at Myungsoo's face.

At the loophole this created, Kai ran to where Shirin was standing and took her to another VIP room by the wrist, his arms wrapping around her as he breathed a sigh of relief.

She was alright.

= = =

More batches of SkullBeaters flooded Club Mirage, and with each man passing through the doors, the ReapedSouls' hope diminished. The next batch of their allies are still on their way to the battlefield, and might still take some more time.

The ReapedSouls' were already prepared to give a final bow...

...when they noticed something off about the new batches that came in.

These men were attacking not them, but their enemies. It was like a brotherhood fighting with itself, and the fact amazed the ReapedSouls members. The fire that had almost gone out burned brighter as they themselves fought against their enemies... alongside their rivals.

"EXO-K! More ReapedSouls allies are here!" Suho screamed from the second floor of the club, noticing the familiar cars approaching the building from the windows there. At the signal, both Sehun and Baekhyun slashed their enemies using knives and ran towards the doors, ready to welcome their comrades.

But the moment they got to the door, they already saw a young man standing and saying something to the Leaders of ReapedSouls who are emerging from their cars.

"Lee Taemin..."

No sooner than Sehun's whisper to his colleague did a figure crash through the doors, breaking the glass.

"Shoot, the fight inside's already getting that rowdy. Changjo-yah..." Song Seunghyun turned his head towards the younger subgroup leader, who nodded and was about to lunge towards the figure... but was stopped by Lee Taemin's words.

"Remember, Changjo-yah. NEVER attack the subgroup leaders, no matter even if they're your biggest enemies whatsoever. They gave me their word that they will not harm you. Do the same for them."

At this, the two EXO-K members ran quickly inside the building, knowing that something big will happen in this very war.

Two enemy brotherhoods shall stand as one.

The others must know of this.

= = =

"Shirin-ah, I'm so glad you're safe." Kai-yah's tight hold on me gradually softened as one of his hands cupped my cheek, causing me to look into his eyes.

"But you're hurt..." I trailed off almost immediately, noticing the bruise he had on his face and a cut on his lips. But he just shook his head in reply.

"I'm fine. This will heal in due time. But did Taemin Hyung hit you or anything? I will never forgive him if he hurt you..." Kai-yah began, but I knew that Taemin didn't hurt me, so I quickly cut his thought before it could get worse.

"No, no. He didn't hurt me, Kai-yah. He didn't. I'm okay." I brokenly tried to explain to him but I think he understood when, despite the whole war that's happening downstairs and the fight in the room just beside ours, he brought my lips to his.

As we pulled back, I spied a look behind Kai-yah's shoulder and saw a standing Taemin-ah.

But even before I could acknowledge him, he already gave me a sad smile and disappeared.