40. Fortis Resistentia

GangWars: A Tale Of Turmoil

 

Thank you to taeminniesaranghae and amelloo13 for subscribing, and even commenting. =] <3
As a thank you gift, here's the newest chapter! =3
 
= = = = =
40. Fortis Resistentia
 
Fortis Resistentia: "Strong Resistance"
 
 
 
"If they don't plan on letting him leave that easily..."
 
 
What can they do to overcome the fortis resistentia?
 
 
"... they must have tricks up their sleeves."
 
 
 
 
 
"Are you serious about this?!"
 
My question must have come off too strongly for both the Lee members of the ReapedSouls stared at me disbelievingly. It was like I wasn't shot in the back at all, for I was as agitated as any normal and healthy person there is.
 
"I asked you if you were serious about this, Sunny-sshi..." I muttered under my breath, anger seeping in my voice, and after managing a flinch, she answered me.
 
"Neh, I'm serious with this, Shirin-ah. Presumably by sundown later on this afternoon, he'd be bound to the SkullBeaters brotherhood as a secondary leader." She softly told me, and in my intense irritation, I closed my eyes and huffed a sigh.
 
"Where is my phone?" I tried my best to ask calmly while keeping my eyes closed. Silence was the only reaction given to me at first by the two Lees, which didn't sit well with me.
 
I am trapped inside a room with two members of the gang I had grown slight contempt for in the past few months, and the fact that I'd still have to talk to them about my cellphone ticks me off. If they were not gonna answer me, then to hell with everything, I'll look for the darned object myself.
 
"Where the heck is my phone?!" I asked again, louder this time, and I felt as small object being placed near my left hand not long afterwards.
 
That was the only time I opened my eyes and took the sleek gadget, dialling a number and placing it to my ear.
 
"Shirin-ah! Where are you?! I thought you had been hurt or something!" A familiar female voice echoed in my ear after a few moments, and my breaths became quicker.
 
"I'm still with them, but they couldn't hurt me. Hyuna Unnie, tell me. Is Kai-yah REALLY going to be a secondary leader?" I asked while glaring at Taemin-sshi to my left and shifting my gaze to Sunny-sshi who still stood by the door. The both sported shocked faces, definitely apalled that I dare call a SkullBeaters' member in front of them.
 
But I could care less about what they felt. I had already solidified my resolve and my front before them, and I know that they knew they shouldn't mess with me even when I'm like this. What was important to me was the fact that Kai-yah [Kai Oppa, whatever I could call him as] was going to be bound forever to the brotherhood, while I'm here trapped in their rival's hands. Once he becomes leader, he couldn't do much on his own free will... thus, he couldn't save me.
 
"Yes, Shirin-ah. But I am pretty sure that he wouldn't take the post because of you. He'd rather split from the brotherhood than leave you alone." She told me, and a feeling of relief washed me over. My breaths had been calmed and my mind had quickly shifted its perspective. Kai-yah became the only thing in my mind.
 
"And if ever he decides to go against Myungsoo-yah's instructions... there will always be three SkullBeaters' subgroup heads and a researcher backing him up."
 
That one sentence had given me the strength to keep going. Letting out some words of thanksgiving, I ended the call while still glaring at the two Lees.
 
"You called a SkullBeaters member in front of us." Sunny-sshi said. It was not a question or anything, it was like she was stating a fact, or trying to make it all sink in.
 
I, on the other hand, had a smirk crawling up my lips. They had been quite shocked at my motions, but then again, I wouldn't mind it one bit.
 
Only one condition can make me care again, and I told it to them, which made them turn tail and walk away from me.
 
"Yeah. I did. It's pretty evident that I don't trust you now, and the only way for you to gain me back... is if Kai-yah asks to join the ReapedSouls."
 
= = =
 
"YAH! KAI-YAH! GET BACK HERE!"
 
Kim Myungsoo shouted as Kai broke out into a run, managing to sneakily get the car keys of the SkullBeaters' leader. A smirk lined his mouth as he easily wove through the guards who had attempted to block his way. Soon after, he found himself in the parking lot of the warehouse he had been brought to by his Myunsgoo Hyung, spotting the sports car that he had and quickly getting in.
 
The members who had witnessed everything began having doubts about the leader's intentions of having the ceremony. It appeared like the second-in-command does not want any of the power. His brave remark regarding splitting up with the brotherhood is enough evidence of that. But what will become of him now?
 
"Attention. ALL SKULLBEATERS. As you have seen just a few moments ago, the second-in-command has expressed his disobedience to the official leader's orders by cutting off relations with the brotherhood, and the repercussions to denying a post of leadership are nowhere close to being light. From now on, I declare that Kim Jongin is no longer a member of the SkullBeaters brotherhood. He is now an enemy and should be treated as such. Anyone who does not do what has been ordered shall be automatically subjected to group execution."
 
Myungsoo had begun saying his new decree among all the SkullBeaters, which had been more than just shocked at how quickly their leader had switched moods and sides. They felt pitiful for their second-in-command, who had been trapped by the situation posed on him, and the intensity of their leader's hold on them. Many had suspicions that it was because of their leader that Kai had been forced to just cut ties with them and escape.
 
But then again, Myungsoo wasn't done with his speech yet.
 
"As leader, I send all SkullBeaters on a mission to track down and immediately kill Kim Jongin. And I shall assign a special group to assasinate Shirin, who is now in the possession of the ReapedSouls."
 
Back inside the SkullBeaters' leader's car, Kai had reached into his pocket and smiled as he felt his phone. He thought that it had been taken away from him by Myungsoo when he forced him to go to the so-called inauguration of his leader post. It turns out that it wasn't the case.
 
So, as he revved up the engine and drove away, Kai dialled L.Joe's number and waited for his voice to greet him.
 
"Yo, Kai-yah. Congratulations on breaking free. Want me to tell you the location of the ReapedSouls' medic house?"
 
= = =
 
In less than thirty minutes, four other cars were on a mad chase to catch up with and annihilate Kai. This had ticked him off intensely, and with careful movements, he tried to lose the four cars. This he had managed successfully so far, until one car had attempted a suicidal measure...
 
... and tried to crash his car.
 
But Kai knew what the plan was, and despite being inside a mangled vehicle, he had been able to get out, get his phone, and obtain a knife and gun from the glove compartment of the car. He quickly broke out into a sprint, the adrenaline kicking into his system. He knew that he was close to the medic warehouse of the ReapedSouls already, as the scenery that his L.Joe Hyung had described to him was getting really accurate. Remembering the instructions of the subgroup leader on how to get there on foot, he quickly made his way closer to the territory of his supposed enemies.
 
But at the same time, he made his way closer and closer to his angel.
 
= = =
 
Now that I'm all alone, the silence of the accomodation area inside the medic warehouse was very unsettling, and despite the fact that there was nothing going on inside the room, my heartbeats picked up pace. I didn't know why it was like this.
 
I thought that nothing was going on... until the door of my room slammed open and five familiar low-ranked SkullBeaters entered the room with their guns pointed at me.
 
Two of them had stopped pointing their guns at me after a few seconds and they had me trapped in a restrictive stance. They held my wrists and legs so that I won't be able to move, no matter how much I struggle.
 
"W-w-what is going on?!" I exclaimed as one of them took a knife from his pocket and inched closer to me.
 
The coldness of the metal was slowly coming to my throat, and I felt myself fearing for something once again in my life.
 
Tears began building up in my eyes and I scrunched them close. I still was too physically weak and undernourished to engage them in a fight. The only hope I could have is if someone saves me... but Taemin-sshi and Sunny-sshi had left me alone here.
 
I was going to die. I'm sure of it.
 
"Kai-yah..." I only managed to whisper before a sudden gunshot broke off all movement from the men, and the one who held the blade to my throat fell down dead on the floor.
 
I looked towards the door to have a glimpse my savior... and saw four unfamilliar male faces.