43. Subito Tribulationis

GangWars: A Tale Of Turmoil

 

43. Subito Tribulationis
 
Subito Tribulationis: "Sudden Trouble"
 
 
 
"Surprises really mess up the day sometimes..."
 
 
The subito tribulationis gets them up and about.
 
 
"... but then again it will only depend on how you take it."
 
 
 
 
 
The first training was followed by many more.
 
And all the same, everyone became stronger.
 
"Try to put in a little athleticism when you defend yourself against taller opponents, Unnies." Shirin suggested to F[x] who was watching curiously at her moves with EXO-K in front of her.
 
"When you use athleticism for a while, you temporarily put the opponent in a blank state of mind, because he or she won't know what you're going to do next. When you attach yourself to the person, you're placing him at a disadvantage, because he would be obliged to hit himself. Then, if you attach yourself to the assailant and hit him in a vulnerable spot, then you'll be sure to bring him down, even if he's taller than you."
 
They all had confused but interested expressions when she finished, and understanding that the girls didn't quite get what she said, she prepared herself for a demo.
 
"Chanyeol Oppa, I need you to come here for a bit." She began, and the tallest member of the male group stepped up and stood before her.
 
"What I meant with putting athleticism was something like this. Once the opponent comes to me, I will latch on to a part of his body and I'll be placing him in a weak state. Chanyeol Oppa, please go back a few steps and do a rush punch towards my face."
 
Everyone's eyes widened at the instruction given by the Song Sister, but Chanyeol hesitantly did it because of Shirin's look of authority.
 
"Alright. Here goes."
 
The male stretched his fist back for a punch towards the smaller woman, but before it could come in contact with her face, she quickly stepped to her side, took hold of Chanyeol's arm and used it as leverage to attach herself onto his shoulder and sit on it, where she hooked her legs on his arms and placed her hands on both sides of his head.
 
"And then, you can use force to break his neck like that." She ended, chuckling as only silence and shocked expressions greeted her.
 
"Dangerous." Sulli found herself mumuring when Shirin unlatched herself from the stunned Chanyeol's figure and stood up straight.
 
"Lethal." D.O. followed, wide eyed.
 
"Amazing." Kai finished with a smile as he placed a gentle kiss on her cheek.
 
Everybody laughed for a few moments before returning to their training, with Kai showing some of the moves he wanted to share to EXO-K this time around. 
 
And from the distance of the ReapedSouls' training area, a sad face was looking on at the scene, his breaths ragged and heart crushed.
 
= = =
 
"Where has Taemin-ah gone off to?"
 
Song Chanho had asked Sunny as she was typing on the keys of her keybard in Desertia Spy Headquarters. He paid a visit to her to ask about the developments regarding the state of the SkullBeaters, but had the question in his head replaced when he noticed her cousin [who had just decided to help her with researching ever since Shirin and Kai joined the SkullBeaters] not beside her.
 
She just shrugged.
 
"To be honest, Chanho-yah, I really don't know too. Taemin-ah had been closing himself off to me ever since Shirin-sshi re-joined the club with Kai-sshi. And it has been bothering me. But the only reason that could come to me is the fact that Taemin-ah doesn't like the presence of Kai-sshi in the brotherhood."
 
Sunny's words sparked Chanho's interest.
 
One day during the time that Shirin was still with the SkullBeaters, while his Jaejoong Hyung was with Taemin-ah and training, he had heard the younger man say that he harbored contempt towards the former SkullBeaters second-in-command. This he was unable to understand, until he found out about the feelings that both Taemin and Kai had for Shirin. He had kept quiet about it to his Seunghyun Hyung, though.
 
"Maybe it's not just because he doesn't want Kai-sshi in the brotherhood." He said, to Sunny's surprise.
 
"What do you mean, Chanho-yah?" She asked him, and with what Chanho said next, Sunny felt a chill running down her spine.
 
"Sunny Noona, you better keep Taemin-ah in constant check. Jealousy can do a lot to people, and I'm afraid of the possibilities if ever Taemin-ah decides to act AGAINST us for the sake of Shirin-ah."
 
= = =
 
"Guys and girls, Seunghyun-ah is sending us to Club Mirage for an inspection tonight. Dress up nicely to blend in the scene, everyone, and don't forget to keep weapons nearby in case of a surprise attack."
 
Those were the words of Suho Oppa to all of us as we finished our training inside the warehouse. Kai-yah had escorted me away from the warehouse premises and drove me back to the ReapedSouls' property that we were both staying in. 
 
Since the time that both him and I were taken in by my brothers, they have given us a property where we stayed in. That is where we, both Kai-yah and I, go to every night to sleep. It was pretty much an apartment, but it was, in no way, simple. It had quite a chic attack on it. What surprised me most though was the fact that it only had one bedroom, and a bed for two.
 
It wasn't because I was uncomfortable with sleeping on the same bed as Kai-yah.
 
No, definitely not.
 
I'm just quite shocked that they let us stay in the same place. I guess they really trust me that much.
 
"What do you plan to wear, Shirin-ah?" Kai-yah asked me as he searched through his closet, which contained quite a number of items from his original wardrobe, and were just brought in sneakily by L.Joe-sshi just two days after Kai-yah had been accepted in the ReapedSouls.
 
"Well, I'm thinking of something club-worthy, but still free for movement. I'll be wearing shorts tonight, I guess." I replied as I also opened my closet and placed the articles of clothing I chose on the bed inside our room.
 
Not long after, I felt arms wrap themselves around my waist and Kai-yah's voice by my ear.
 
"Yah, don't be too y later on. I might get distracted from doing the inspections and just settle with looking at you." He breathily said to my ear, which sent a shiver down my spine. I just turned around and let him see me roll my eyes.
 
"Aigoo. This girl. Let's change already, or we'll be late with the start of the inspections." He added before bringing my lips to his. Upon pulling back, I smiled before taking my clothes and heading to the bathroom.
 
= = =
 
"Alright, guys! Inspection's over! Let's have fun!"
 
Upon Suho Oppa's words of affirmation, everybody cheered and proceeded to spend their night on the dance floor. Of course, Kai-yah didn't hesitate to pull me beside him and make his body move with mine. Just like Taemin-sshi, Kai-yah was truly kinesthetically gifted as he danced with me.
 
But then again, sometimes in life, surprises come and destroy everything.
 
While everyone was getting busy with partying, the lights suddenly went out, to the shock of everyone. Gasps from the normal party goers began to get loud, and a tense atmosphere hung upon us inside.
 
I was trying to hold on to Kai-yah when he suddenly shouted.
 
"Everybody! I am one of the staff members of Club Mirage, and I'm requesting everyone to exit the premises immediately. I repeat, please exit the club immediately!"
 
"What are you doing, Kai-yah?!" I frantically asked him as the people began filing out to exit the building, using force to make him come closer to me and waiting for a response from him.
 
But I didn't expect his next words.
 
"Shirin-ah, listen to me. I have asked Seunghyun-sshi if we could turn off the lights of the club at this hour to help us prepare for later, so don't freak out. I've been having this gut feeling that the SkullBeaters are planning something... and I received a text from Hyuna Noona just a few minutes before inspection ended saying that my hunch was right. I believe they'll be striking tonight, and they'll try to re-enact the scenario that happened during the brotherhood war the ReapedSouls waged to get you back."
 
Baekhyun Oppa had lighted one of the emergency lamps inside the club, which gave us a little help with our vision. At the light that shone on us, both F[x] and EXO-K convened in one place where they listened to the other things that Kai-yah had to say.
 
"But there's a catch in this. They haven't had a chance to place traps inside Club Mirage because we are the ones guarding the place. So the next best thing that they'll be attempting is an impromptu trap planting. This is quite dangerous for us, but equally dangerous to them, if we know the secret nooks and crannies of this club. I am not as knowledgeable in this club as Shirin-ah is, but I'm pretty sure that I know enough to outwit the SkullBeaters, especially those who already had the chance to enter this once. I already have something in mind on how to outwit them."
 
= = =
 
The doors of Club Mirage swung open as five men trudged inside with guns poised in the air, but all they found was a dark and desolate club with no people inside...
 
... or so they think.
 
Victoria.
 
"Lesson One: Deception."
 
The men continued to walk down the club premises, careful to not make much noise, as they already had a hint of a possible ambush like the one in the recent gang war. But little did they know that twelve eyes were watching their every move. Not long after, a man fell down on the ground with a knife sticking out his back, unbeknownst to his comrades.
 
Amber.
 
"Lesson Two: Stealth"
 
As the numbers continued to decrease until there are only two people left, the enemy had managed to open the power source of the club and hit it open, letting light flood the whole place. They only found the dead bodies of the three other people they came with, but no clue on who could have killed them.
 
Krystal.
 
"Lesson Three: Concealment"
 
And as sudden as the men had barged inside the club, the two others fell dead with two gunshots being heard.
 
Sehun.
 
"Lesson Four: Surprise"
 
At the fall of the first five men, twenty five others began entering the club from different routes: the back door, the main door, the staff's entryway, one of the VIP rooms, and from the front window. A familiar man was leading them, and as Shirin stayed hidden from the sight of the invaders, she tried to stifle a gasp.
 
"Myungsoo-sshi..."
 
A gunshot was heard again, and all hell broke loose once more.