27. Molesta Heri

GangWars: A Tale Of Turmoil

 

27. Molesta Heri
 
Molesta Heri: "Painful Yesterday"
 
 
 
"I will let you pour out all of your pain on me..."
 
 
She finally peeks into the fragments of his molesta heri.
 
 
"...if it is the only way for you to stop crying."
 
 
 
 
Days passed all of us by after that incident, and everything would very well be described as uneventful. Nothing went on with the two brotherhoods, and there was an air of urge to become complacent with life as we know it. It had surely hit us in the SkullBeaters side, but then again, I could care less about the state of the ReapedSouls now. I have no business with them and I have no reason to have anything related to them.
 
Yes. I still hold that painful feeling of betrayal and lies... and the pang of resentment, against them.
 
The heels of my shoes clicked against the familiar concrete flooring of the walk from the university building doors to its gates as I made my way out of school, as it was already dismissal. Yes, I continued schooling in the university even as I switched brotherhoods, since the Song Brothers never seemed to care about my education after I left them. But to play safe, I also changed the contents of my records, letting the payments for my schooling come from Kai-sshi [as he instructed me to do that] and had listed my address as the SkullBeaters house property which I am currently staying at, the same place where Kai-sshi brought me to after I left the Song Brothers' house. 
 
I checked my watch for the time as I continued my strides.
 
6:42 P.M.
 
The sun has already set, and the sky was already turning the shade of deep, dark blue as I started my steps. But when I got to the gates, I was surprised to find no car waiting for me.
 
No, it's not supposed to be Taemin-sshi's car. 
 
It was supposed to be Kai-sshi's this time. 
 
I'm pretty sure that his classes would end by three in the afternoon because he told me so, and he promised me that he'd pick me up by six thirty, which has been long gone as of now, so he should be here already. His absence intrigued me... but decided that I should just go home and not wait for him. I could just call him or send him a text message saying that I'd just be going home on my own.
 
The second one I did while I let my feet take me to the nearest bus stop from school.
 
To: Kai-sshi
Message:
Yah, it's almost 6:45 now. You forgot to pick me up. :[
But it's OK. I'll just go home on my own. I'll be safe.
I promise. Don't worry about me too much.
 
= = =
 
Click.
 
I huffed a breath as I let the house gate click behind me. I've finally arrived home, after a bus ride and a few minutes of walking. Just as I was to pass the short walk from the gate to the house door, my eyes caught sight of Kai-sshi's familiar car...
 
... still parked in the garage.
 
This made me think. Kai-sshi, now knowing him better after a few months of being taken in by him and living with him, is usually at work with brotherhood issues, as well as school work and some other job that I don't bother asking him about because I felt no need to. He's pretty much busy as a student in that university across mine, and as the second-in-command of the whole SkullBeaters brotherhood. But despite that, he never forgets to pick me up from school, saying that he's worried about me when I'm alone because he wouldn't know if a ReapedSouls member would just snatch me away or something.
 
He's kinda paranoid in these certain circumstances, really.
 
But then again, I couldn't blame him.
 
Seeing how brutal Song Seunghyun and Lee Taemin was to him, blaming him as the reason for my absence, it's enough for anyone to go berserk in protecting me.
 
I wonder what made him NOT leave the house this time...
 
I began my strides again, getting quickly to the front door and opening it, my eyes meeting the sight of a dark living room. I opened the lights and let my vision adjust to the change in brightness.
 
Wait another minute.
 
If Kai-sshi is here, then shouldn't the house lights already be open? It's sensible. The sun has already set, and the environment is dark now. What could...?
 
Fear invaded my system as the dangerous thought of Kai-sshi being in danger seeped into my thoughts. I immediately dropped my schoolbag and ran to his room, where my fear escalated as I saw that he wasn't there. My heartbeats increased in pace as I went to the next place I know where he'd be...
 
 
That's where I found the answer to my questions and I finally was able to breathe properly... but my gaze immediately softened at the sight I saw.
 
Kai-sshi was asleep, his head leaning on his folded arms, with about five thickly stacked folders scattered on his table around him. His breaths were deep, a huge indicator that he was asleep, and I noticed that his right hand was gently curled around a signpen... which had fallen flat on the table's surface.
 
This sight touched my heart in more ways than I could verbally explain.
 
With a sigh escaping from my lips, I went to where he is and fixed up the folders, stacking them up in a pile and taking note of replacing the cap on his signpen. But as I was beginning to close the final folder, my eyes caught a glimpse of the heading of some documents... and my eyes widened.
 
To: Kim Jongin
Head Director - Executive Assistance Department
 
My mind immediately went to work with piecing the pieces together. 
 
Changjo-sshi, back when I was still part of the ReapedSouls, told me that Kai-sshi is an illegitimate son of a media association owner. So it would make sense that he knew about the company, but for him to hold such a high position in the business despite the fact that he's just a student... this is something incredible.
 
What is really Kai-sshi's past then?
 
Before I could get myself working to answer the question, I noticed some movement from my side, and saw that Kai-sshi had awoken. He lifted his head gently from his arms, but immediately clutched at his nape in pain. He must've fallen asleep for a long time, I deduced, which was confirmed when I saw him still wearing smart casual clothes [the ones perfect for university]. I quickly closed the last folder and placed it in the pile just as Kai-sshi's head turned to face me.
 
"Shirin-ah..." He groaned, and his eyes widened in a split second.
 
"Changkamanyo. Why are you here already? Didn't I tell you that I'll pick you up from school?" He asked me in a confused tone, with even a hint of irritation, which I found hard not to laugh to.
 
"Well, for your information, Mr. Head Director of the Executive Assistance Department, you had been fifteen minutes late in going to school, so I went home by myself. Didn't you read the message?" I jokingly asked him, and at the question, Kai-sshi scrambled to get his phone, where he saw my message to him, still unread.
 
"Aish."
 
I laughed again as he shook his head in disappointment and tried to breathe a sigh, but his breath caught up in his throat when he remembered the first few words earlier.
 
"What did you call me as?" He asked me, and with a small grin, I replied.
 
"Mr. Head Director of the Executive Assistance Department."
 
His face showed a shocked expression, then his face scrunched up again as he perhaps tried to figure out where I could have found that information.
 
Then it hit him.
 
"You read the documents?" He asked me in a tone that could have ranged from shocked to tense, if I hadn't held a hand to silence him.
 
"I didn't read the documents, BUT I saw a few headings while I was closing the folders. They're so untidy to look at being all spread out like that, you know?" I replied, and the tensed look on his face faded and he nodded his head, as if taking information in, and I just smiled at him. He just motioned me to come closer to him and his hand reached out to hold mine.
 
I knew that I was in no position to ask him about his past, but I suddenly felt the need to confirm what Sunny-sshi had found out in her research back then. So, I took the chance and asked him.
 
"I hope you don't mind this, Kai-sshi, but how come you're already a department head even if you're still schooling?"
 
At this, he pursed his lips and kept silent for a bit before answering.
 
"Well, dad wanted me to do some stuff because he's trying to see if I'm fit to be the next CEO. I don't want it, actually, but I'd rather the company went to me instead of it being in the hands of that bastard brother of mine."
 
That stunned me.
 
"Whoah. Aren't you a little harsh in terming your brother that way?" I asked, surprise in my voice. I looked at Kai-sshi's dark expression and uncertainty began clouding my thoughts.
 
"Well, I don't see any wrong in calling a bastard as 'bastard'. It's proper for someone like him. Acting cocky just because he's..." He began saying, but stopped halfway. I tried prodding him with a look, but he sighed in response to it.
 
"Do you have anything against illegitimate sons, Shirin-ah?" He asked me, and truthfully answering, I shook my head.
 
"Illegitimate sons usually get the worse end of the stick. They have either a mother or a father, but they don't get the same love from them as they do a normal kid. Most of the time, even when you're already right, they tell you you're wrong, and their reason? The unrelated 'you have no mother/father so you don't get proper guidance with your choices'." He began, and his eyes became distant, like he's looking back on his life, and I just continued holding his hand.
 
"You also don't get favors. You would have to work for recognition, unlike the legitimate sons who would even have attention on them even if it's not needed. It's pretty unfair on the part of the illegitimate sons, because even if they're much better than their legitimate counterparts, the fact that they're not full blooded family members prohibits them from being on the same level as those who are." He continued, and worry began invading my heart as I knew where the monologue was going next.
 
"You also are prohibited from loving someone that your legitimate brother loves, even if you had her heart first. It was the case with me." He ended, and one of my eyebrows raised as I couldn't quite comprehend the links between what he said, except that the fact that he was an illegitimate son had just been solidified. He understood my look, and so he opened his mouth to speak...
 
... but tears began flowing down his cheeks before he could say anything.
 
"Do you know the feeling of having something stolen from you? It's what I felt when that bastard brother of mine stole the girl I love. Seo Jinhee had been my girlfriend for a year before my brother had the chance to meet her..." He began saying while tears continued to fall from his eyes.
 
"He stole her from me, Shirin-ah... He stole her!" He shouted before standing up and crushing me to his chest.
 
I don't know what had come over me, but I found myself hugging him back and letting my arms wrap themselves around his waist.
 
"Just cry on me, Kai-sshi. Let it all out." I whispered to his sobbing frame. I let my eyes close and let the feeling of Kai-sshi's sadness wash over me.
 
If by tomorrow, he could stop crying because of what I did to him tonight...
 
... then so be it.
 
= = = = 
IMPORTANT NOTE:
 
Photobucket has already returned to normal, so I'll re-attach the pictures of the previous chapter. =] So, please don't be surprised if you were notified that the story has a new update even if there's no new chapter. It's just going to be a picture-update. x]
 
Oh, I'd also like to give everyone a warning. The next three chapters will be a HUGE KAI-SHIRIN SWEETNESS OVERLOAD. If you want to have a look at the develpoments regarding the Kai-rin relationship, then anticipate the next THREE chapters. <3
 
I also like to extend my gratitude to siddles95 for subscribing. Thank you so much for taking time to read my story. I hope you like so far. =] <3
 
= = =
 
All pictures used are for the sake of clothing recognition and venue identification, which aids in better visualization of the story. The pictures are not mine, and I stake no claim on them. Credits go the rightful and respective owners of the media. No copyright infringement intended. Were only re-uploaded for the sake of compilation and assurance of long-lasting viewing activity. Thank you.