39. Magnis Responsabilitatis

GangWars: A Tale Of Turmoil

So, it's been a while since I updated, and I think I even lost a subscriber or two because of it. I'm sorry about that. <3

But yeah, losing subscribers doesn't mean I'd stop posting the next events that shaped the life of GangWars.

So with that, here comes the next chapter. =] <3

= = =

 

39. Magnis Responsabilitatis
 
Magnis Responsabilitatis: "Forced Responsibility"
 
 
 
"In spite of all the pain he has been going through..."
 
 
He breaks away from the magnis responsabilitatis.
 
 
"... he still comes into terms with what he must do."
 
 
 
 
 
"Whoah! Hyung-ah! Where are you bringing me?!"
 
Kim Jongin screamed as he was harshly dragged out of bed and tossed to the shower [still fully clothed] by Kim Myungsoo, bravely getting inside, opening the water, and going out of the bathroom before locking the younger Kim in.
 
"Wash up. Your new clothes and shoes are inside the towel cabinet. Don't complain. It's going to be an important day for you." was all he said before leaving Kai alone.
 
As the cold water soaked his clothes under the shower, Kim Jongin had found it in himself to cry. 
 
It has been a full week since the brutal end of the fight between the rival brotherhoods... and the departure of his love. But despite that, he couldn't get over anything. He still cried himself to sleep every single night, never really did anything except staring out the window and never took care of himself. He was in bad shape both physically and emotionally, unable to function properly because of the scar he had in his heart.
 
And his adamant hate towards his half-brother for shooting Shirin doesn't help him one bit.
 
Tears continued to fall down Kai's eyes as he trudgingly took off his clothes and forced himself to take a shower. His Myungsoo Hyung told him that today is supposed to be an important day for him, so it must mean something.
 
What he didn't know is that an enormous obligation is to be placed on his shoulders that exact day.
 
= = =
 
"Shirin-ah, please eat something." Lee Taemin begged to the young lady stoically looking at him while being under a thick blanket.
 
A slight shake of the head was his answer.
 
Shirin wasn't saying anything nor doing anything except looking around the pristine white room that was the accomodation area of the ReapedSoul's medic warehouse. Her eyes were droopy, though she sleeps more than ten hours a day. She denies food like she's full despite not eating. Sometimes, she has been forced to eat food, but that meant an entire three-day ignorance from her.
 
"Please eat, Shirin-ah. You can die if you keep on doing this..." He began to say, tears beginning to build up in his eyes, but even before he was through...
 
... Shirin herself spoke the first two sentences she was able to say after a full week in the medic warehouse.
 
"Then let me die. You wrecked my life with attempting that gunshot to Kai-yah anyways."
 
At those harsh words from Shirin, the tears from behind Taemin's eyes spilled over. He placed the bowl of porridge on the end table beside her bed and grabbed her hands.
 
"I'm really sorry, Shirin-ah. I REALLY AM. I regret deeply that I did it. I had let my jealousy of you and Kai-yah take over me..." He apologized between sobs, his voice breaking in some places.
 
But it had no effect to the young lady who just withdrew her hand from Taemin's hold.
 
The door to the accomodating suddenly opened with a worried Sunny behind it, which made Shirin send daggers toward the invading person.
 
"I'm sorry for interrupting, Taemin-ah, Shirin-ah. But I've got urgent news. As of this moment, the second-in-command of the SkullBeaters is undergoing an accession to be a leader."
 
And at that, it was like a bolt of electricity passed through Shirin's frame... and she found herself sitting up straight, releasing an unbelieving "MWORAGO?!"
 
= = =
 
"Today, I've called everyone out for a special announcement that we should all be glad for. The second-in-command had proven himself to be worthy of an official leader post, and today will be his inauguration."
 
The words from Myungsoo Hyung sunk deep into my system... and I think I forgot how to breathe.
 
"Myungsoo Hyung, what is---"
 
"From today onwards, the SkullBeaters' brotherhood shall have two equal leaders who will be bound on serving the brotherhood unless one declares a cutting of ties with the brotherhood, which would equal in very bad repercussions. The leaders shall now have an exclusive brotherhood life of taking care of the group, and is now prohibited from associating with other brotherhoods."
 
"Mworagoyo?"
 
"And now, the former second-in-command of the SkullBeaters' brotherhood, Kim Jongin shall undergo an accession to officially rise up to challenge to be the secondary leader of the whole SkullBeaters brotherhood."
 
My name had been called, and I stood in front of all the cheering and hooting members of the SkullBeaters, but I felt nothing. I am not usually like this. I would usually have the right words to say. Back when I was announced to be the second-in-command of the whole brotherhood, I had thanked them articulately, having gratitude to be trusted thus far. It had been my dream back then to become one of the leaders, so that I could have my share of recognition and respect... and I could rule whatever I wish.
 
But why is it that now... now that I've been given a shot to be what I've dreamed of... I could not find the strength in myself to speak?
 
I immediately knew the answer when from among all the faces staring at me, I only yearned to look at one.
 
"I can't do this, Myungsoo Hyung."
 
I was about to take a few steps and try to walk away from all this in front of me, when a hard grip on my arm made me look back at Myungsoo Hyung's furious expression.
 
"As your leader, I COMMAND you to go back there and be a leader yourself." He hissed under his breath, and two emotions coursed through my veins in such as high speed at that exact moment.
 
Fear... and defiance.
 
"I cannot become a leader when I can't even think straight, Hyung-ah. I've only longed for one person to be with me, and even if the whole brotherhood is behind my back right now, it still can't compare to that." I firmly said before forcibly taking my hand away from Myungsoo Hyung's grip.
 
"Kim Jongin!" Myungsoo Hyung called out to me in pure rage, his anger at my disobedience evident in his features.
 
"Kim Myungsoo!" I shouted back with the same intensity, which shocked my 'brotherhood leader'.
 
I was angry at how he commands me to become like him, cold and heartless, when I know in myself that I can't... especially after I had accepted in myself that I love Shirin-ah. I was enraged at his pathetic attempt of binding me to the brotherhood, just because it was already obvious that I'd let myself go to wherever my angel is... even if it meant that I needed to switch brotherhoods just to be with her.
 
Despite my crushed self-esteem and pulverized heart, a new strength was beginning to form in my veins, exploding at an enormous intensity. A new resolve was beginning to be built in my mind. I had decided on that exact moment that I would trade my past, just like what Shirin-ah did, and start anew with another life.
 
And it involves my love for the angel who saved me from the hell that my life had become.
 
"I cut off all ties with the SkullBeaters gang, Kim Myungsoo."
 
= = =
 
"You must be joking, L.Joe -yah! Myungsoo-yah just can't!" Hyuna cried out in exasperation as she paced back and forth her apartment unit, her cellphone held to her ear.
 
"No, I'm not joking, Hyuna Noona. Myungsoo Hyung is going to announce Kai-yah as secondary leader today, and there is nothing we can do about his decision. He's leader after all..." L.Joe whined on the other line, which made Hyuna pick up a random object and throw it down to the floor.
 
"There must be SOMETHING we can do, especially with the power and status we have in the brotherhood right now. You yourself told me that Myungsoo-yah even has plans of abandoning Shirin-ah with the ReapedSouls, and that it doesn't sit well with you. I'm pretty sure that the Jo Twins' are against it, too. You KNOW that..." Hyuna ranted on in pure irritation at the situation that her colleague presented her.
 
"But what can we do? It's not like Kai-yah will just cut off all connections with the SkullBeaters' brotherhood..." The male retorted, and suddenly an idea flashed through Hyuna's mind, and the wheels in her head immediately began to turn.
 
"No, L.Joe-yah. It's possible. Kai-yah, despite the depressing state he's in emotionally, still has a hold in himself somehow. If ever he decides to do that, we'd just have to help him." Hyuna opened up the topic, and a short silence on L.Joe's end followed her remark.
 
"So you mean..." He was about to say, but the female had already cut him with the affirmation.
 
"Neh, L.Joe-yah. All of us subgroup leaders and researchers who support Kai-yah are going to do JUST THAT."
 
= = = = = =
 
OTHER EXO-FICS OF MINE THAT YOU COULD CHECK OUT:
 

 

 

Hidden Revelations: A Story Behind EXO's Legend

These were the stories I mentioned about before. The EXO-Alien-fic and the Christmas One-Shot Collection. =]

= = = = =

All pictures used are for the sake of clothing recognition and venue identification, which aids in better visualization of the story. The pictures are not mine, and I stake no claim on them. Credits go the rightful and respective owners of the media. No copyright infringement intended. Were only re-uploaded for the sake of compilation and assurance of long-lasting viewing activity. Thank you.