2. The Momento Excitationis

GangWars: A Tale Of Turmoil

2. The Momento Excitationis


The Momento Excitationis: "the moment of awakening"



"It's about time that I discover the mystery..."


It is now the momento excitationis.


"... and awaken to the hidden reality."



= = = Soundtrack: MBLAQ - Y = = =



A sigh escaped my lips as I came face-to-face with Club Mirage, the place that was mentioned in the bundle of paper as the venue of tonight's gang war. It wasn't that difficult to get here actually, for the place is just one cab away from home. But it's a distance from the main road, so a bus couldn't take you directly there, and motorbikes are too dangerous when going down the dark streets where people could easily incapacitate you. I guess that explains why a car took Chanho Oppa to the club, instead of any other transportation mode.

I made my way to the entrance while building up an air of confidence and maturity, trying to match the club-worthy outfit I changed into. I met gaze with the bouncer who seemed reluctant to let me in, but I just raised an eyebrow at him, hoping that would do the trick. It did.

I got inside...

...and I was introduced to the sights and sounds of hell's entrance.

Many couples were dancing closely on the dancefloor, and some were even getting it on by the wall. I cringed at the sight and continued my strides, wishing that nothing would happen to me that could be of hassle.

I guess I wasn't granted of that.

As I began to be immersed in exploring the unknown, I didn't notice an arm reaching out to wrap itself around my waist. With a force that pulled me close to a masculine body behind me, I could only muster a soft squeak.

"Hey there, y. Wanna have some fun with me?" A raspy male voice was introduced to my ears, and I stood rooted to my spot, stunned and unable to talk back.

I didn't know how to react, truthfully. Everything felt new to me, and a sense of uncertainty began to envelope my mind and flood my senses. I was scared at what might happen if ever I say no. Panic invaded my system when hands began feeling up my sides. I was shaking internally with fear, but I couldn't manage a single movement. I was about to scream when a force suddenly pulled me away from the man, but into the arms of another male.

"Excuse me. But I believe that you're feeling up my girlfriend right there." I heard a familiar voice say, and immediately, I buried my head in his chest. When the other man had already left, I dared to look at my savior, now sure that it was...

"Changjo-yah..."

"Yep. I guess I identified my schoolmate correctly when I saw her here." Changjo-yah replied as he smiled at me. He nodded his head, motioning for me to follow him, and I complied. We climbed up some stairs and trailed down some corridors until we arrived at a private room, where Changjo-yah led me into.

"It's better if we talk here, where there's peace and quiet, instead of downstairs." He began, making me sit on a couch that the room has, and sitting beside me.

"So, may I ask why you went here at this time of the night?" He asked me, with no hint of teasing or blame, surprisingly. I just looked straight into his eyes before answering.

"I want to see what my brothers are upto, because I've had enough of their university-and-work lying crap." I replied in a serious tone, which made Changjo-yah burst into laughs. I could only gape at him.

I was apalled.

"It's about time you wondered about what the Song brothers do, especially since two years had already passed after you saw me getting crushed by the Jo Twins' gang." He told me after subduing his laughs, and my eyes widened.

"You saw me that time?!" I exclaimed, pure shock rushing through my veins. Changjo-yah just smiled before nodding.

"You were hiding behind the wall when those men brought me down at the back of the school, were you not?" He asked back, a small smirk lining his lips.

So he DID see me back then.

"Yes, I was. So what happened after the incident?" I dared to ask again, genuinely curious, especially after I saw him getting beaten black and blue then. But he looks better [if not more handsome] now, two years after.

"I fulfilled my words, bit by bit." He answered, and I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

"I joined one of the smaller gangs that the Song Brothers were in charge of. As of now, I'm one of the youngest heads, and I'm pretty sure that I'll be able to take over Youngmin's [that bastard's] territory, and I'd be able to avenge my brother, and bring back my cousin." He explained, and my brows furrowed even more as he ended.

"I know that your brother was beaten black and blue when you tried to save him that time. But... your cousin? I don't know anything about that." I admitted to him, even more curious that it wasn't only his brother was involved in this whole gang mess.

"Well actually, the girl who was with that bastard Youngmin when he beat me and my brother was my cousin. She was forced to come with him, and my brother tried to persuade her into escaping his gang immediately..." Changjo-yah began, and he was about to say more when his cellphone suddenly rang.

He didn't answer the call immediately, instead showing me the caller I.D. and putting a finger over his lips, motioning for me to keep quiet.

Seunghyun Hyung

I nodded, signalling that I understood him, and he answered the call and put the phone on loudspeaker.

"Yobosaeyo? Seunghyun Hyung..." Changjo-yah spoke as he looked at me.

"Yah. Changjo-yah! Where the heck are you?! You do know that the SkullBeater guys would be here soon, right? We need all the help we can get, but your group still isn't here!" Seunghyun Oppa ranted out, which caused me to gape at the phone like I just saw a ghost.

Seunghyun Oppa might be a majorly serious person, but I've never heard speak with such dictative authority before. He doesn't speak like this usually, and it shook me to the core hearing him speak like he was actually a LEADER of something. Something other than a business, and more dangerous to handle, that is.

"I'll be getting there in a few minutes, Hyung. I'm actually at the Mirage already, but I got caught up with a girl going to the back. I'll give orders to the other guys, don't you worry. Even without me physically there, they could function." Changjo-yah once more said, before looking up at me knowingly.

"Arasso. I'll be waiting for your men here. Chanho-yah managed to get over the first wave of the hooligans with me. But it looks like the right-hand man will be coming. If we can't kill him tonight, or at least impair him, we're gonna be at a disadvantage." Seunghyun Oppa began, and a chill ran down my spine. I don't think I could take it any longer.

I guess Changjo-yah noticed the change in my expression for he made effort to end the call immediately. When I heard the line click dead, I closed my eyes, not quite believing about what I heard from my eldest brother. It wasn't a surprise to me that I felt Changjo-yah's hand tap my shoulder lightly at that, as he understands how I feel.

"Well, I better resume my duties as head. This VIP room that the gang owns actually has a window that helps you view the entire event later. You can see how your brothers are doing by looking through it later." He said, pointing towards the huge window that was partially covered by thick cutains. I nodded as I took the information in, and he began his walk towards the door.

"Thank you for leading me here, Changjo-yah. I wasn't really expecting a lot when I got here. But you helped me in a lot of ways." I said softly, not really knowing that Changjo-yah will hear me clearly, for he lagged by the doorframe and looked at me with a smile.

"It's all good, Shirin-ah. I think it's about time you discovered everything. It would probably be easier for you now, with no secrets being hidden from you. I have no plans to harm you or take advantage of you, anyways, since I always believed that you could be a good friend to me, and that I would be dead by the hands of your brothers if ever I tried anything on you." He told me, and at that, we both laughed.

I was about to turn towards the window again, when the next sentence from Changjo-yah reached me.

"But, I think you should stay away from the fight when it happens. I don't think you'd be able to handle such a pandemonium."

I turned to look at him but the door was already lateral to the frame, and locked from the outside, I presume, to keep anyone from getting to me. I huffed a sigh and stared blankly at the ceiling for quite some time, but when I heard the distinct sound of a gunshot, I immediately looked through the window.

It's time to awaken to the sights and sounds of hell itself.

= = = = = = = 

Important Note:

[credits are given to the respective owners of the pictures.]

[credits for changjo pictures are given to fy!changjo. Taken from google, flickr, and tumblr.]

[credits for shirin's wardrobe pictures are given to yesstyle.com and SPICY HOLIC.]

All pictures used are for the sake of clothing recognition and venue identification, which aids in better visualization of the story. The pictures are not mine, and I stake no claim on them. No copyright infringement intended. Were only re-uploaded for the sake of complation and assurance of long-lasting viewing activity. Thank you.