12. Questus Usus Ad

GangWars: A Tale Of Turmoil

Important Note - Please read this before continuing:

With everything that has been going on with AFF, I had a hard time with keeping up with my stories. I've decided on re-posting all chapters that I've posted earlier, and post THREE MORE new ones. =] But unlike the previous updates, chapters 12-14 WILL NOT have pictures or other media. I'm currently transferring my media to another hosting site, so it would probably take me a while to put up pictures to my chapters. Thank you.

Enjoy the re-posted chapters. =]

= = =

 

12. Questus Usus Ad
 
Questus Usus Ad: "Getting Used To"
 
 
 
"Even after a month after I accepted the challenge..."
 
 
The new lifestyle took a month of questus usus ad.
 
 
"... I still had to make my life a routine to get the feel of it."
 
 
 
 
"Compilation of Hard Copies for Programming Exercises"
Grade: A+
Remark: As expected from you, Ms. Song. Continue the good work.
 
A smirk lined my face as I closed the folder of my outputs for Technology Class and walked back to my seat. The students that I passed by, seated on the sides of the aisle I was walking on, looked at me in awe as the heels of my shoes clicked against the marble floor of the classroom.
 
"I bet she got an A+ again." One student whispered to another while I pulled back my chair and sat on it, looking out of the clasroom window afterwards. I slid the folder into my open bag and zipped it up absentmindedly.
 
I spent no time paying attention to the whispering people around me, simply because they are not worth it.
 
Ever since my training started in the brotherhood, I realized that the people who give out side comments on your works are just there to waste your time once you notice them. They are not worth your energy or your precious time. In just two minutes of talking with them, I could have shot twenty-five to thirty training dummies in the head. 
 
That's how I treat them nowadays.
 
No more than how they really are. Worthless.
 
The month that had passed me ever since that damned incident with the second-in-command of the Skullbeaters brotherhood was perhaps the most patterned ever in my life. It was the most routined, most planned, and the most scheduled. I could not blame myself for sticking with that kind of scenario for a month, though.
 
If ever just a minute is left to me without anything to do, I would think of him again.
 
And that I don't like.
 
I heard the bell ring not long after, and like how I usually am after my patterned month started, I lazily stood up, slung my bag on my shoulder, pushed my chair back, and began my walk out of the classroom of my last class of the day.
 
Aish. By the time I get to the gates of the school, a certain someone will speed by on either a sports car or a motorbike before getting out or off of the vehicle and leaning on its side. I'm sure of it.
 
And by now, I know I won't be wrong.
 
When I almost reached the school gates, a red sports car skidded to a stop, and a handsome young man with shiny bronze hair stepped out. He then strode on to the side of the vehicle facing me, and leaned on the closed door. Many girls had come to the sides to admire the man and the car, like they do every single day that they come and go home from school. But like always, the young man seems unfazed by the attention.
 
I knew it. I know that I won't EVER be wrong by now.
 
"Hey Taemin-ah."
 
"Hey, Shirin-ah. We better get going to the g-house now. Your brothers are waiting for you." Taemin-ah said in a slightly amused tone, with his voice now in a lower pitch than how it was a month ago. He took the bag slung on my shoulder, opened the trunk door of the car and placed the bag in it.
 
"Let me guess. It's gonna be knife throwing in my list of activities today, right?" I asked him sarcastically, to which he released a soft chuckle. I just shook my head with a smirk on my lips before letting him lead me to the passenger side of the sports car.
 
"You really have the whole schedule for the week in your head now, huh?" He teasingly asked me as I eased myself into the seat, and I just shook my head with a smirk once again at this.
 
When Taemin-ah had got into the car and started the engine, that was when I looked at him with a poker faced expression and spoke in a serious tone.
 
"My brothers are seriously waiting in the warehouse for me?"
 
= = =
 
"Haiyah!"
 
Seunghyun Oppa winced as he fell on his back to the floor, stunned by the kick to the abdomen that I gave him. Chanho Oppa began laughing at my eldest brother's look of pain, and I couldn't help but grin, too.
 
"Okay. I think that's all the training for today. Remind me to never allow my abdomen to be exposed to your kicks, little sis." Seunghyun Oppa breathily said to me amidst the echoing laughs from Chanho Oppa and Taemin-ah, who joined my second eldest brother upon seeing the sight of Seunghyun Oppa's body on the ground.
 
I just tried to stifle my laughter and held my hand out for Seunghyun Oppa to stand. Upon taking my hand, I pulled him up, and he kissed me on the cheek once he got back to his feet.
 
"After a month of actually letting your inner devil loose, you finally get the hang of it." Chanho Oppa joked as I made my way to him, and I just raised an eyebrow at him before smirking.
 
How ironic. I had to be bound with chains of routine before I could let loose the inner ReapedSoul trapped inside me?
 
"How's the Technology Output thing for university? I spied that distinct black folder through the small opening of the zipper in your bag." Taemin-ah asked me, and I shrugged my shoulders in reply.
 
"As usual, I did something worth of an A+ again." I said, not really interested on talking about my schoolworks, especially since I'm inside a brotherhood warehouse. I must be focused on brotherhood stuff in here.
 
"Alright then, we'll be heading to Club Mirage tonight for your daily club surveillance. That club is neither in power of us ReapedSouls or SkullBeaters, so it doesn't restrict the presence of either us or our enemies. Always be careful when you're in that area. And remember, If ever both Chanho-yah and I can't do this..." Seunghyun Oppa began his monologue again about my responsibility of doing the surveillance of our brotherhood-held clubs.
 
"...then the responsibility of overlooking the club to see if the owner can be allies with us is in my hands. I get it, Oppa." I said deadpan to my brother, who just in turn ruffled my hair.
 
"I repeat it just in case you forget, Dearie." He told me, and with a smile I nodded.
 
Suddenly, Chanho Oppa's cellphone rang, and he looked at the text message that his phone received.
 
"The SkullBeaters are causing chaos in our weapon stash they discovered at Apgujong. Bastards must be pissed off because we get more cash off our clubs than how much they get from their massive drug base." Chanho Oppa darkly chuckled as he told us what the message contained.
 
"Then I guess we'd have to run off now. Taemin-ah, you take care of Shirin-ah. Bring her to Club Mirage for her daily routine. DON'T LET HER SLACK OFF AFTER THE SURVEILLANCE. Arachi? She still has to do her homeworks." Seunghyun Oppa told Taemin-ah, who nodded at his words.
 
I just rolled my eyes at my brothers before waving at them, signalling them to just leave already. 
 
Really now. With how busy the teachers are with the closing of the trimester at university for my batch, they haven't been giving us much output-requiring stuff like homeworks. They just expect us to retrieve our past compilations of finished written works from them and just prepare ourselves for the final trimester next year. 
 
Especially for the case of the top ten students of the whole university, which I'm spearheading of course, we already had our second trimester requirements finished earlier than the rest so we aren't asked any more than to just prepare for the final trimester and make ourselves pretty for the commencement exercises after that final stretch.
 
Sheesh.
 
I heard the slam of the doors of the brotherhood warehouse, and my eyes travelled to Taemin-ah's amused expression.
 
"Let me guess this time. The teachers didn't give you any homework because your requirements are already done?" He asked in a lazy manner, and at the sight of my smile, he chuckled.
 
"Then it's your lucky day. Dress up, doll. The event after your surveillance tonight will be a party for your coming trimester." He told me, walking towards me and winking at me when he got close, and nothing else mattered.
 
=  =  =
 
Beats.
 
Music.
 
Moves.
 
Heat.
 
I swayed my hips and broke out into dance as the bodies moving on the Club Mirage dancefloor came to my view. The chuckle escaping from Taemin-ah's lips was almost inaudible to the hits of the bass inside the club. I had finished my club surveilance, to be met with news that the club was fine for the past week, and that my brothers have nothing to worry about regarding alliances, except that they are not willing to be exclusively held by our brotherhood, which means they're still going to be open to other groups.
 
But business was going well for them.
 
Even the s here are having fun.
 
So much had gone through my head that I didn't remember much about what had happened in this very place a few months before I had decided to actually join the group of my Oppas.
 
I almost forgot the brotherhood war that had happened in here just months ago.
 
But then again, if I forget that brotherhood war, I would forget him.
 
And that would be impossible.
 
Funny how I got used to calling the gang as 'brotherhood' now. I guess that one month of routinary lifestyle had inculcated in my mind the fact that I'm actually part of the circle now.
 
And that I have no way of getting out of this.
 
Taemin-ah joined me in my search for bliss on the dancefloor, making sure that I am not harrassed by any guy who tries to hit on me. That I appreciated, and the fact that he was and is very good in moving his body is a plus. I won't have to look anywhere else to be thrilled by a good dancer.
 
I looked into Taemin-ah's eyes and enjoyed his company on the dancefloor, moving my body with his in time to the music. We both smiled at the fun it brought us, and I dared to let my eyes roam around the club.
 
That's when my gaze caught sight of a scarily familiar figure leaning on a wall of the club to my right.
 
It took me a month to familiarize myself to a life of brotherhood and acting against anything regarding the SkullBeaters group.
 
But it all faded to the background upon that single second I stared into his eyes again.