28. Agens Retro

GangWars: A Tale Of Turmoil

 

28. Agens Retro
 
Agens Retro: "Giving Back"
 
 
 
"I have no idea about this happy feeling in me..."
 
 
She experiences what his meaning of agens retro is.
 
 
"...but I'm certainly not complaining right now."
 
 
 
 
 
Tock. Tock.
 
Tock. Tock.
 
My heels clicked as they hit the pavement. I was walking towards the university gates when I heard a familiar zoom of a sports car, which made me look up. But as I let my eyes travel to the distance, I saw no vehicle that could have made the noise. As curiosity and intrigue entered my mind, I saw a hand peeking out from one side of the opened university gates... and I immediately knew who was waiting for me on the other side.
 
"Yah, Kai-sshi!"
 
Despite the heels that I was wearing, I broke out into a run to meet up with Kai-sshi, whose full body emerged from the gate columns not too far. With a smile, he stretched his left arm out to take my school bag, and I let him take it. I thought that it would stop there, but to my surprise, he also took my hand before leading me to the passenger side of his car and opening the door, where I saw a paper bag containing a pair of flat shoes that I had seen in the mall last time I went there.
 
"Whoah, what's the occasion?" I asked him skeptically, but he just chuckled before pushing me gently down to sit on the leather seat.
 
"Change shoes, Shirin-ah. We're gonna go to LotteWorld." Kai-sshi said naturally, like there was nothing different with what he said. I raised one of my eyebrows at this, and I knew not what is going on inside Kai-sshi's mind because he kept on laughing at me when I looked at him like that.
 
"You don't want to?" He just asked me lightly, and I just looked on at him as I took the silence as a chance to think.
 
Do I WANT to go there? I don't see any reason why I shouldn't. It would be fun, going on rides and the like.
 
"But why are we going there?" I couldn't help but ask Kai-sshi, who suddenly leaned towards my direction and dangerously leered his face towards mine.
 
Silence invaded the car's atmosphere as not one word was spoken between Kai-sshi and I. But the silence was soon broken when he whispered to my lips.
 
"Let's just take it as repaying the favor."
 
My heartbeats immediately picked up pace and my breaths became uneven as I felt warm air trickle on my lips. I swallowed the lump on my throat, silently hoping for nothing mind-blowing to happen.
 
But somewhere at the back of my mind, not knowing quite why, a small part of me wished for something magical.
 
= = =
 
"So I guess we're here, huh?"
 
The words escaped my lips much quicker than I would've liked, and in quite an excited tone, too. I guess it was about time that I actually got to an amusement park again, may it be inside a complex or outside. It's perhaps the childhood nostalgia getting to me.
 
"Yeah. So, where do you wanna go first? Everything you would like to pay for or buy... will all be on me." Kai-sshi declared proudly, and with an almost unbelieving expression on my face, I joked with him.
 
"Every won spent will be your treat? Let's go on the roller coasters first, then." I playfully challenged him, to which he agreed, seeing the mischievious sparkle in my eyes.
 
"Kaja, since you seem so excited about it. Don't blame me if you get scared, though." He joked, before taking my hand and running to where the booth for the rollercoaster was.
 
As our steps increased in pace, I turned my head a little to glance at Kai-sshi's running figure. He had a small smile on his face and his bright expression showed much about his happy disposition right now. I wondered internally at why he could have decided that bringing me to Lotte World and letting me have my way with the amusement park would count as 'repaying the favor' of me lending my shoulder for him to cry on last night. But no reason comes to my mind, even if I think about it deeply.
 
So I just continued running and helped myself with a smile as Kai-sshi laced his fingers with mine.
 
= = =
 
"Aiyah!"
 
I squeaked as I felt something cold on my face, only to find out that Kai-sshi had smeared some ice cream on the tip of my nose. He was laughing as he pointed at me with the same finger he used to smear ice cream on me with. I just pressed my lips into a line, quickly thinking of ways to outwit him this time.
 
"Don't be surprised if you suddenly lose a finger." I told him, feigning irritation at what he did, but my insides kept turning in a fuzzy kind of way. I couldn't explain it quite clearly, but it felt like it was actually nice... But I would NEVER dare show it to him.
 
Kai-sshi and I, after going on a lot of rides, decided to freshen up for a while and go for some ice cream. Since he told me earlier that he would pay for whatever I'd like to buy, I chose the most expensive ice cream on the menu just to test him... and he ACTUALLY bought it for me. Even when I told him that it was just a joke, he just smiled before shrugging his shoulders and insisting that I still buy it.
 
He wasn't complaining at all when money was concerned. While we were on our second round of rollercoasters, I asked him where he got all of the money from, but he just winked and said "Secret." playfully. I tried prodding it out of him but it was of no use. He was too tough of a nut to crack.
 
"Yah! Eat it all up now, Shirin-ah! You wouldn't want it to melt, would you?" He playfully asked me before reaching into his pocket for his handkerchief and softly wiping the sweet stuff off my nose.
 
I really didn't know what was happening with me today, because I suddenly felt my cheeks heating up. And I must have been redder than a tomato because he chuckled a bit at my bashful reaction to his sudden motions while he withdrew his hand from its gentle hold on my face.
 
"A-a-arasso..." I weakly began before taking another spoonful of my ice cream, spying a look at him when the coldness had contact with my tongue.
 
But I wasn't expecting that my gaze would meet his when I looked at him.
 
"You really should stop being so self-conscious today, Shirin-ah. This is the twelfth time I caught you looking at me while you're doing something." He said as he took his spoon and had it full of my ice cream. As the sweetness invaded his mouth, his eyes sparkled just a bit more and he looked like an absolute child.
 
I must admit, he looked cute at that one moment.
 
= = =
 
It was slippery. But it felt great.
 
I let the blades of my skates glide against the smooth surface as I let myself feel free on the ice skating rink in Lotte World. I left Kai-sshi by the benches outside the rink as he still wasn't finished tying up his skates. I had managed to convince him to join me, as I haven't skated in years... and that was back when I had a chance to do roller blading in the park during my childhood with the Song Brothers.
 
Kai-sshi seemed hesitant as he looked on at the rink earlier, which I found hard not to laugh at.
 
Could it be that he doesn't know how to skate?
 
I chuckled at the thought, not noticing that someone was already creeping behind me. I only felt another presence by me when I felt arms wrap themselves around my waist. I knew for sure who this is, even if I still wasn't turning around, and I had found out the answer to my silent question as warm air was blown on my neck.
 
"You naughty girl. Why the heck did you just leave me outside the rink and not wait for me?" Kai-sshi asked me cheerily before releasing me and motioning me to skate alongside him with his a small cocking of his head. I complied.
 
Kai-sshi wasn't just good at running [which I had l learned time and time again starting from when he chased me while I was escaping Hotel Thornefille] but also at skating, and he even skates backwards, like those figure skaters you see on TV! 
 
Such a kinesthetically gifted young man he is.
 
"Catch me, Shirin-ah." He challenged me while I was skating on his pace on the ice, and with a small nod, I accepted his request.
 
"Bring it."
 
And that was when the ice-chase begun between me and him. Aside from avoiding other people who happen to skate among us, it was hard trying to catch up with his speed. I tried many times to go faster, but it still wasn't enough. For one more time, I tried to skate faster, but I didn't know that with the decision, a disaster awaited me.
 
"Watch out!" Someone screamed as I turned to my right, seeing that a little boy was going to collide with me. I closed my eyes as I knew I couldn't stop in time, and waited for the impact.
 
Except that I didn't feel any.
 
"Yah. Next time, if you couldn't catch me, just say so, so that I'd go slower."
 
My eyes widened as I felt Kai-sshi's arm around my shoulder and he led me away from the people in the middle of the skating rink. We both stopped by the edge and leaned against the rink walls.
 
Could it be that...
 
"You saved me, Kai-sshi?" I asked breathlessly, still not quite believing what had transpired just a few moments ago. 
 
He nodded, and a feeling of temporary insanity mixed inside the thoughts in my brain. I don't know what had come over me, but I just found myself lunging towards Kai-sshi's stunned frame and wrapping my arms around him, exclaiming a huge number of 'Thank you's.
 
He just embraced me back and buried his face in my hair, breathing in deeply as he took in the scent of my perfume [which he had given me earlier this morning without any apparent reason].
 
"Thank you for saving me, Kai-sshi. I really don't know what state I could be in if you didn't pull me away from the danger in time." I whispered again to him as his warmth enveloped me, causing my eyes to automatically close.
 
I felt his hand run through my hair and his deep breathing by my ear the next few moments, and it was supposed to be just a harmless movement, perhaps. But it stirred something inside me that I really don't know. It was beyond my power to explain. 
 
The thoughts that ran through my mind flashed again one by one as I let myself be consumed by the warmth of Kai-sshi's arms around me.
 
He looked really handsome as we were running towards the rollercoaster booth earlier. He was very sweet and fun as we ate ice cream. He was also kind to me because he lets me do as I please, and he's understanding because he still made me smile even though I almost hurt myself. He looked cool saving me like that, and his warmth isn't something that I could and would shy away from... but welcome instead.
 
When he whispered to my ear, I felt all resistance leave my body as I succumbed to his comforting warmth. I don't know what it is that makes me so at ease with him, but I don't think it would be bad for me.
 
I might actually enjoy it.
 
"I'd always save you, silly. I won't have an angel anymore if I lose you."
 
 = = = = 
IMPORTANT NOTE:
 
Here is the first part of the KAI-RIN SWEETNESS OVERLOAD! =] I hope it sparked your interest somehow. x] But, since this is just the FIRST part, expect more of the sugar and cheese in the next updates... which will be tomorrow. =]
 
And, just to ask for your opinion... I actualy have two set of stories being written aside from this. One is a compilation of Christmas-centered once-shots involving ALL MEMBERS OF EXO, while the other one is an EXO fic which uses their CONCEPT AS ALIENS. I was inspired by My Crazy Hot Aliens and The Bad Boys And I, so I figured I should write an EXO-ALIEN-FIC. But, take note that what I wrote in that particular story isn't a plagiarism of the mentioned fics... only inspired by them. =]
 
The question about those fictions is this... Would you like to see them? I'm trying to decide if I should post the two sets of stories I'm doing currently, and I think your answers [may it be in the comments section or on my wall] would mean a lot. Thank you so much.
 
And of course, thank you to ThisShipHathSailed for subscribing and comenting on my story. In case you hvaen't noticed it, I already replied to your comment. I am happy that you like the story so far. =] <3
 
PREPARE YOURSELVES FOR THE NEXT WAVE OF KAI-RIN SUGAR AND CHEESE! x]] <333333
 
= = = =
 
All pictures used are for the sake of clothing recognition and venue identification, which aids in better visualization of the story. The pictures are not mine, and I stake no claim on them. Credits go the rightful and respective owners of the media. No copyright infringement intended. Were only re-uploaded for the sake of compilation and assurance of long-lasting viewing activity. Thank you.