19. Fragilis Obstinatum

GangWars: A Tale Of Turmoil

 

 

19. Fragilis Obstinatum
 
Fragilis Obstinatum: "Fragile Resolve"
 
 
 
"I never knew how weak I actually am..."
 
 
You shatter if you have a fragilis obstinatum.
 
 
"... until I caught myself breaking down."
 
 
 
 
The moment Changjo-yah and I got down to the battlefield, only fifteen men were left standing. That's why, I immediately put the lesson that Taemin-ah had with me regarding sharp shooting and shot three men dead successively.
 
And all hell broke loose.
 
"Shirin-ah! They're here!" I heard Changjo-yah say as we both broke out into a run and tried to help our brothers in defending Club Mirage.
 
"Who?" was the only reply I could give when I dodged a punch to my face and stabbed a man with a knife.
 
"The Jo twins! One of them was the guy who took my cousin and beat my brother up!" He said after stabbing another man and kicking him in the stomach, and as I moved on to the next man, I remembered Changjo-yah's encounter with the gang that had beaten his brother and him black and blue.
 
The one who held a girl to him had blonde hair, if I remembered correctly...
 
I continued with my fight with the other men that had come across my way, but my mind was thinking of something else.
 
The one who came after Changjo-yah when he tried to save me looked exactly like that blonde guy, but with dark hair. So, that must be the other twin.
 
I recalled another scene after that.
 
I shot the one who had come after Changjo-yah when I felt frustration for my brothers...
 
"Whoah!" came my interjection as I almost got stabbed on my side, but dodged it just in time.
 
It was truly a pandemonium.
 
When I finally dealt with the enemy I had at hand, I began to run again, and I made sure my eyes weren't deceiving me.
 
Two men who looked exactly the same were attacking Changjo-yah. One had blonde hair, the other had hair that was dark brown in hue. I immediately made my way to them, deciding to help my fellow subgroup head. I kicked the blonde one away from Changjo-yah.
 
"Thanks. You got the bastard off me. That was Youngmin by the way." He hurriedly told me as the dark-haired twin made a move to attack me. That I blocked and I proceeded with pulling out a knife and slashing him by the arm.
 
"Damn! The first time, you shoot me. Now you cut me?!" My opponent exclaimed before making a move to stab me with the knife.
 
"Oh no you don't, Jo Kwangmin!" A voice shouted, and the next moment, Kwangmin-sshi was on the ground, clutching his stomach.
 
"That was close, Shirin-ah." Changjo-yah said before taking me by the wrist and running away from the fighting.
 
"Call Taemin-sshi quickly. We need back-up." He instructed me when we finally got inside Club Mirage again. I pulled out my phone hurriedly and pressed number three on my speed dial.
 
"Yobosaeyo, Shirin-ah..." Came Taemin-ah's voice. I don't know how my voice sounded to him, but I gasped for breath and said what I needed to as quick as possible.
 
"Taemin-ah. We need back-up. The Jo Twins came. They're attacking Mirage." I said, worry creeping into my voice. Every single second that Changjo-yah and I don't fight with the other brothers, the more disadvantaged they become.
 
"Arasso. We'll be there." Taemin-ah replied, and the next second that passed, the line clicked dead.
 
I rushed back to the fight again, kicking a man in the head at my re-entrance to the battlefield. Changjo-yah defeated a man just near me before taking out his gun and shooting at the other enemies a few feet away from us.
 
When my opponent fell, I took out my gun as well.
 
Time to put Taemin-ah's lessons about sharp shooting to good use again.
 
= = =
 
Pulling up at Club Mirage, Taemin had arrived on the scene of the battle with twenty men behind him.
 
Sunny had told him before he left that the second-in-command of the SkullBeaters wasn't coming. She told him that Shirin must know that. He wasn't planning on letting her leave his sight anyways, so he decided to pull out his gun and enter the battlefield from the outside, not using the club itself.
 
That would take him, and the others with him, too much time.
 
"Come on! Our brothers need our help!" He shouted before running, expertly shooting five men in the chest successively while coming inside the battlefield.
 
"Shirin-ah!" He shouted as he wove through the men, killing the enemies he encountered and passing by the allies. He found her fighting with three men simultaneously.
 
"Aish." was the only words that escaped his mouth before shooting at all three men in the head.
 
= = =
 
I looked at the source of the bullets and saw Taemin-ah running to get to me.
 
"Shirin-ah, Sunny Noona said that the enemy's second-in-command won't be coming." He told me the moment he got to me, and I don't know why, but I found myself breathing a sigh of relief.
 
Thankfully, I won't have to see Kai-sshi.
 
The fight continued, with many men dropping to the ground, their dooms sealed. I noticed that throughout the battle, the Jo Twins were still alive, easily weaving through their fights. That was when I decided to go to them, Taemin-ah and Changjo-yah behind me.
 
Subgroup leaders battling the other subgroup leaders?
 
This would be an interesting brawl...
 
= = =
 
"Seunghyun-ah! Reports came in just now. L.Joe, one of the youngest but most lethal subgroup leaders of the SkullBeaters, is coming. I doubt that even Changjo-sshi, Taemin-ah, and Shirin-sshi combined can overpower him..." Sunny exclaimed as she rushed to the office of the leaders inside the ReapedSouls meeting house.
 
At the statement, both Seunghyun, who was sitting on top of the desk of the office, and his younger brother beside him looked at her with shocked expressions.
 
"Are you sure about this, Sunny Noona? That bastard's coming?" Chanho asked her, and when she nodded, he clenched his jaw.
 
Images about a three year old girl being pushed down the stairs by a boy of no more than five years of age invaded his mind. The girl died upon her impact with the floor.
 
"Damn it. I'm going there." Chanho said with finality as he took his coat and wore it. He was making his way to the door when Seunghyun stopped him with a question.
 
"You're risking yourself just to kill that boy, Chanho-yah?"
 
Chanho turned around and faced Seunghyun with a murderous look on his face. This made the older Song flinch as he felt the killer's aura emanating from his brother. He wanted to just punch Chanho and make him stop. But being his brother, he knew that once Chanho was in the mood to kill, he will not hesitate in doing so.
 
"Wae, Hyung? I just think it's due time for me to kill the bastard for taking the life of Shiyeon back then. He shouldn't have been allowed to reach the age he is now, really. If it weren't for us being required to attend her funeral, I would've killed him. You know that, Hyung." He muttered, and at that, Seunghyun stood up and went to him.
 
"Chanho-yah, you do know that the L.Joe guy, Byunghun, was only five when he pushed Shiyeon-ah down the stairs. He didn't know that Shiyeon-ah would die. We were both at school so we couldn't have done anything back then." He said, trying to snap some sense into his younger brother.
 
But Chanho just shrugged his Hyung's hand off his shoulder and proceeded to walk away. He only stopped at the door to speak one last time.
 
"We couldn't do anything back then. But we can do something now. If it wasn't for the bastard, we still could've had a real sister."
 
= = =
 
"Aish!"
 
I screamed as I blocked Jo Youngmin's attack to my right side, and I kicked him again just to catch him off guard. He was stunned at the force of the blow, but he quickly retaliated as he punched me in the stomach.
 
Shoot. That hurt a lot.
 
Taemin-ah had noticed my ordeal and quickly punched Youngmin-sshi back, rushing to me to help me stand up. Realizing that Changjo-yah was already having a hard time with Kwangmin-sshi, I ignored the nagging pain in my stomach and made my way to him.
 
But I wasn't able to reach him as an elbow hit me in the back, causing me to fall down on my stomach.
 
"What a pretty lady. Too bad you won't be able to last until tomorrow." A male voice followed the attack and I turned my head around just to find a gun pointed to my cheek.
 
Damn.
 
"L.Joe Hyung!" I heard Youngmin-sshi's voice address the man who was pointing the gun to me, and while he was distracted, I pushed him away from me as hard as I can and pulled out my gun, pointing it at him as well.
 
Now we're even.
 
We both stayed at that position even as the battle continued... L.Joe-sshi had his gun to me, and I to him. We weren't moving, nor speaking. We just pointed at each other with our guns, our fingers on the triggers. However, a smirk found its way to my lips when, from behind him, Chanho Oppa pointed a gun to L.Joe-sshi's head, which made his eyes wide.
 
That moment, I felt like I was at an advantage.
 
But when Kai-sshi's figure appeared out of nowhere and pointed his gun at Chanho Oppa's back, my smirk vanished instantly...
 
... and I found myself and my resolve shattered.
 
= = = = = 
 
IMPORTANT NOTE:
 
I'm planning to do a DOUBLE update tonight, everyone. =] I felt like updating twice today, so I hope you enjoy it. I'll also be updating one chappie tomorrow. Please look forward to it! <3
 
Also, I have updated two more parts of the 5-part shot which is centered on EXO-M 's leader Kris. Here are the links:
 

Forbidden: A Kris 5-shot [PART 2] [M] and Forbidden: A Kris 5-shot [PART 3]

The last two parts will be posted tomorrow, so please stay tuned! =] <3

All pictures used are for the sake of clothing recognition and venue identification, which aids in better visualization of the story. The pictures are not mine, and I stake no claim on them. Credits go the rightful and respective owners of the media. No copyright infringement intended. Were only re-uploaded for the sake of compilation and assurance of long-lasting viewing activity. Thank you.