17. Erraticus Pulsatio

GangWars: A Tale Of Turmoil

 

17. Erraticus Pulsatio
 
Erraticus Pulsatio: "Erratic Heartbeat"
 
 
 
"I feel that something bad is going to happen..."
 
 
She knows the cause of her erraticus pulsatio.
 
 
"... but it was nothing compared to this."
 
 
 
 
Tires screeched as a blue porsche skidded to a stop in front of the ReapedSouls formal group resthouse. Two figures emerged from the vehicle, making their way towards the doors with rushed steps.
 
The front doors slammed open with a bang, revealing a group of five individuals seriously discussing inside.
 
"What the heck is going on with Club Mirage?!" Shirin exclaimed in irritation as she strode inside the group resthouse, to the shock of the people in the heated discussion.
 
"That's exactly what we were talking about, Shirin-ah. Join us. You're one of the substitutes for the brotherhood leaders, right?" Jaejoong said with a small smile, moving to his right, leaving a small space for the lady to sit. Shirin was about to go to it when a hand stopped her.
 
"Ani. Just sit here." Changjo had said before standing up from the couch he was seated on. Shirin replaced him on the soft surface. Taemin, the other figure who emerged from the car with her, just stood by the back of the couch, placing himself exactly behind the Song Sister.
 
"Alright. Let's continue with the discussion. As was already said, the SkullBeaters have also made their moves on the owner of Club Mirage, since this is one of the largest and most popular clubs after Club Machina. The brotherhood who would win the support of Mirage's owner will surely be at an advantage in terms of fundings, so the pursuit of this club is crucial for us." Seunghyun had began speaking once more, and everybody was quiet as they took the information in.
 
"I've already sent some men to guard the place for until tomorrow evening. But I doubt that they could hold up when those punks attack Mirage. Someone must go there to retaliate when they begin their seige." Chanho added.
 
"From what I've found out in my research, the SkullBeaters had already sent in a huge amount of weaponry from Taiwan just last night. I believe that they're preparing a lot for this war." Sunny opened, and Taemin nodded from behind Shirin.
 
"I agree. It's kind of anticipated at this point. They couldn't resist chaos, and at the same time, they can't risk letting their funds run low. Figures." He said, spying a look at Shirin's serious expression.
 
He knew what that look entailed. He hasn't been watching her closely every single time that they're together for nothing.
 
She's nervous, and she's thinking of something.
 
"So, this means perhaps that in preparation of the war, all of the corporational affiliates should give out the necessary funds as soon as possible. I could get into it later tonight, most probably." Jaejoong concluded, and the nods of all the people in the room showed silent support for this.
 
"But then again, who will be the ones to go there beforehand? We have to at least have some people inside somehow before anything happens." Changjo asked, and silence began to rule the atmosphere in the room. No one wanted to be the first one to witness the spark of the fire, because most of the time, the one at the frontline dies the earliest.
 
Only a female voice cut through everybody's thoughts... and all eyes widened at her answer.
 
"I'll go there."
 
"What?! Shirin-ah?! You can't go there! I won't let you!" Chanho interjected, but his younger sister stared at him like she was an unmovable rock. Taemin opened his mouth to say something when the next words from Shirin made him halt his motions.
 
"My decision is final and irrevocable. It cannot be negotiated. Not even my brothers can stop me from this." She said with an air of authority and finality, one that nobody expected of her to have.
 
"But why would you risk yourself there, Shirin-sshi? You know how much the brotherhood treasures you..." Sunny asked, a silent pleading in her voice.
 
"Simply because I am a substitute of the leaders. Instead of endangering the real leaders, substitutes can often go in place of or instead of them. Substitutes usually risk their lives to protect their real counterparts, and they don't just succeed the position that their original counterparts leave them. That's what I'm planning to do as a substitute and no one can go against this decision of mine. Just give me a set of courageous brothers who would come with me." Shirin explained, before standing up, now having determination to leave.
 
"Wait, Shirin-ah. I'm coming with you on that day. I'll be bringing my own set of brothers to come with me, too." Came Changjo's worried addition, and the moment she looked back at him, she saw that from a short distance, Taemin was also going to speak. Perhaps he was going to say the same thing that Changjo proposed.
 
She has already been seeing Taemin's subtle attempts of protecting her. How he worries for her doesn't escape her. That's why to cut the guy some slack, she turned around and once more spoke.
 
"If things get out of hand, I'll call on Taemin-ah to be my back up, so prepare his set too."
 
Everybody became silent upon Shirin's exit of the brotherhood resthouse, Taemin following her with rushed footsteps.
 
Just what had they let Shirin involve herself in?
 
= = =
 
"Shirin-ah, please be reasonable." Taemin-ah softly said as he parked the car in front of my house. I could feel the heat of anger rising to my face, and irritation swept into my expression.
 
Reasonable? In what way?
 
To just let other people, other brothers of ours, die without anyone from the superiors risking himself or herself for them?
 
"Then tell me how to be reasonable, Taemin-ah. Teach me about reason... because I think just letting those brothers of ours who are below us in ranking die without any help from us superiors is less reasonable than letting ourselves suffer with them." I retorted, to the surprise of Taemin-ah.
 
"Aish. Just... go. I'll be fine here on my own." I muttered before getting out of Taemin-ah's blue porsche and closing the door behind me. I heard Taemin-ah's door opening and closing, and his steps to follow me, but I paid no heed to it as I took out the gate key and opened the metal door.
 
"No. I'm not leaving you alone here. And most certainly, I'm not gonna leave you in Club Mirage."
 
I looked at him fiercely, anger once more seeping through my voice.
 
"Really now? Back-ups are supposed to come AFTER the one called them says so. What's the use of it if the back-up is with the one who is supposed to call for him... even before he is needed?"
 
That made Taemin-ah silent.
 
I just scoffed before going inside. Taemin-ah still followed me, closing the gate and house door behind him. With each step I took, my irritation for this man kept on growing.
 
I was finally inside my room with Taemin-ah behind me when I snapped.
 
"What the heck, Taemin-ah! What do I have that you keep on following me?!"
 
"My heart!"
 
That stunned me.
 
"I can't help but worry for you, Shirin-ah. I don't know when the heck this... thing I have for you started, but I can't stop myself now. As days went by you became more and more important to me, but I was not complaining. I never found it in myself to complain about what I felt for you." He said, softly this time, and every negative feeling I had for him these past few moments vanished into thin air.
 
"What do you mean?" I asked, my voice now softening to a whisper. I sat on top of my bed, and he took his place beside me.
 
"I guess I'm in love with you, Shirin-ah. I tried to hide it after I realized it, but sometimes, it's just too strong. I couldn't help but just let myself bask in the feeling. Everytime that you're with me... I feel happy. I think I succeeded to not let you notice about what I felt for you so far... but I guess I snapped tonight too." He continued, and a sad look crossed his features.
 
Everything was too sudden. I didn't know how I should react to his confession. I have no idea on what to say to him.
 
"You don't have to say anything to me, Shirin-ah. I just wanna let my feelings out, so that I won't have to hide anything anymore." He said, as if reading my mind, and with wide eyes I looked at him.
 
"Did you read my mind or something?" I asked Taemin-ah jokingly, and he just chuckled before suddenly pulling me close.
 
"No. I just read your expression." He whispered softly to my ear, holding my face with his hand afterwards.
 
I was stunned once more. I couldn't manage any movement. I was just fixated on looking into Taemin-ah's eyes...
 
...which clearly showed how much he wanted to do whatever that he's doing to me now.
 
"I kept thinking about doing this to you. I even dreamed of it once. I just ask for your understanding with what I'm gonna do. I'll stop after this. I promise." He whispered then to my lips, and as the warm air trickled on my skin, I felt my eyes close.
 
I was expecting for this, I realized.
 
But when Taemin-ah's lips touched mine, I didn't expect my heartbeats to pick up as quick in pace as this.
 
When he pulled me closer to his figure, I felt heat invade my system... and my heart continued to beat ten times its normal pace.
 
My heartbeats were already quick when I decided to be at the frontline.
 
But the speed of my heart's throbs then is nothing compared to now.
 
= = = = = = = 
 
Important Note:
 
Will add another chapter tomorrow and two days from today. Enjoy the coming updates! <3
 
Many thanks to jochelle8 for subscribing to the story. I hope you comment on the coming updates, too. =]

All pictures used are for the sake of clothing recognition and venue identification, which aids in better visualization of the story. The pictures are not mine, and I stake no claim on them. Credits go the rightful and respective owners of the media. No copyright infringement intended. Were only re-uploaded for the sake of complation and assurance of long-lasting viewing activity. Thank you.