Inspection

Going Crazy

Your POV

I watched, awkwardly as Changmin-oppa and Yunho-oppa shifted uncomfortably on the couch. Sara and Minah were in the kitchen making a fuss about “instant noodles everywhere” and “nothing nutritious in this house at all.” All the while, Gina stood by the side, arms folded, staring at the two grown men with unapproving eyes. L.Joe sat beside me, amused by the whole situation.  

As soon as I told my best friends that Changmin-oppa and Yunho-oppa were back from London, they had cancelled all their afterschool plans to, quote, “inspect their place” with me. L.Joe tagged along, of course. He seemed to be everywhere with us now, and I had grown used to his presence. I saw him more than I saw anyone else. He was always there the moment I woke up, until the moment I had to go to sleep. Literally.

One time he had basically tucked me into bed before letting himself out the house. Changmin-oppa and Yunho-oppa had grown so accustomed to having him around, that when L.Joe was to disappear somewhere, for example, go on a toilet break, they’d be looking around, confused and questioning me about his whereabouts.

Changmin-oppa hissed quietly to me, “~~~~~! You should’ve warned us they were coming by!”

I shrugged and grinned helplessly.

Sara walked out of the kitchen, shaking her head. “You two, I swear…” She shook her head, speechless.

“It may be alright for you two, eating that junk, being two handsome, grown men with ridiculously good skin and body, but our ~~~~~ is still a blossoming flower, needing good fertiliser!” Minah exclaimed.

Sara continued, “In other words, you two can eat whatever junk you want, but with ~~~~~ in the house, you’ve got to change your meal plans.”

“Hey! We just got back from London!” Changmin-oppa complained, “We-”

“And you didn’t think of leaving ~~~~~ with anything fresh to eat? Or any money to buy food?” Gina questioned.

Changmin-oppa didn’t say anything, his mouth just agape.

I laughed lightly, “Guys, it’s not entirely their fault… They have important things to do.”

“Well you two better get grocery shopping soon.” Sara said.

I shook my head, “No need… I was just going to say, I think I’m going to move back home.”

“What?” Yunho-oppa’s eyes widened in surprise, “What are you on about?”

“I’ve just been thinking… After the conference and all, I should go home. I don’t want the reporters to be making up more stories. You know reporters, they seize every opportunity they get to make up some fairy tale.”

Changmin-oppa scowled, “Are you still thinking for that Kim Jaejoong?”

“No oppa! For myself! The reporters and netizens are already saying things about me… I don’t want the matter to get any bigger. If I don’t move home, they’ll know something’s up and write more stuff about me.”

Sara frowned, “But what if people come to disturb you?” She was talking about the reporters, but moreover, she was talking about Kim Jaejoong.

“Well there’s me.” L.Joe grinned. “I’m guarding my princess, 24/7.”

I grinned at his joke and shook my head. “Yeah, there’s L.Joe. He lives right next door. I have my own personal security guard.”

“Knight in shiny armour.” He corrected.

I looked at Yunho-oppa and pleaded, “Oppa… please?”

His expression was thoughtful and worried, but he sighed and nodded. “Alright… But Changmin and I will be dropping by every chance we get!” Changmin-oppa nodded, agreeing. Yunho-oppa turned to L.Joe, “We trust you.”

L.Joe grinned, “You can count on me.”