Surprise

Going Crazy

Your POV

"So... When are you going back to school?" Sara asked through the phone, "We haven't seen you in ages, apart from on newspapers from that conference two days ago... It's not the same without you."

I smiled, "Soon. That's why I called you. To tell you to tell the others that I'm coming back tomorrow! Yunho-oppa finally agreed to let me go back to school... Everything is calming down after the news conference."

"Really? That's great!" I could hear the excitement in her voice. "But you know, even after that news conference, there are still people who are skeptical about what you said... The things netizens are saying..." She sighed, "Don't think too much if it."

"Don't worry, I'm fine. It's true though... I did lie in that conference, so I don't mind. Plus, the comments are mostly about my mother and Kim Jaejoong... I don't mind..." The truth was, I did. For every dozen of comments feeling sympathy and telling me to stay strong, there was that comment that called me a pathetic, gutless liar who was just like a e; doing it all for money.

"Ahuh." It was obvious in her tone, that she didn't believe that I was alright. My friends could all, somehow, read me like a book. 

"I'm fine... Really."

---

It was during breakfast, when the doorbell suddenly rang. Changmin-oppa looked at me and Yunho-oppa, "Were we expecting someone?"

I shrugged and stood up, "I'll open the door." Brushing off the bread crumbs from my uniform, I hurried to the door, as the person on the other side was really being impatient. 

I opened the door to a grinning L.Joe. "Morning, sweetie."

"What are you doing here so early in the morning?" I asked, smiling in disbelief. I stepped aside to let him in.

"Picking you up for school... You have to go now."

"I never said I didn't want to go, you know..." I led him to the kitchen, "Have you had breakfast yet?"

He nodded, rubbing his belly,"Yep. I always love a good, ol' big brekkie." When we got to the kitchen, he gave a nod to Yunho-oppa and Changmin-oppa who was just looking at him, in surprise. "Morning, I've just come to pick ~~~~~ up for school. Ya know, keep her from getting kidnapped... In dramas, they always kidnap the girl who has ties with rich people."

"Right..." Changmin-oppa nodded, sending a grin to Yunho-oppa, who was eyeing L.Joe in curiosity and slight suspicion, being that over protective older brother I was never blessed with.

I shook my head, knowing what Changmin-oppa was thinking; that L.Joe and I had a thing. "Good that you're here. Hyung and I are just about to head to the airport... We have a meeting in London." Changmin-oppa said, smiling, "You can look after ~~~~~ while we're gone... Keep her company! But don't try anything weird-"

Wanting to quickly get out of that situation, I said to L.Joe, "Let's head out now then." Before anyone could say anything else, I grabbed my bag and pulled L.Joe out of the house. As I closed the door I said, "Yah! You could've told me before you came!"

L.Joe grinned, "Surprises are the best, aren't they?" He pulled out a chocolate egg from his pocket and smiled, "Surprise! Have a chocolate!" He placed it in my hands and grinned. 

From the side, he pulled Barbie/Joe Junior, onto the footpath.

"Leggooo!" 

I smiled at his goofiness before getting on the bike, behind him. "Just saying, don't expect me to pedal half way there. This time, I'm enjoying the view all the way."

"Yeah yeah, whatever." He began pedalling, and I smiled before popping the tiny chocolate egg into my mouth. I felt sweet all over, and I knew it wasn't because of the chocolate, but because of L.Joe.

Your POV End

---