Silence

Going Crazy

Your POV

I sat on the couch, lifelessly browsing through the TV channels for something to watch. Because nothing caught my attention, I turned it off and sighed. It was so boring.

When the doorbell rang, I was reluctant to answer it, in fear of who might be standing at the other side.

Yunho-oppa and Changmin-oppa had flown off to London for some business meeting, and although I had known I'd regret rejecting Changmin-oppa's offer to stay home with me, I still told them to go, saying that I'd be fine by myself.

Of course, I wasn't fine. 

It had been two days when I received that heart stopping phone call from my mother. I had hung up on her, right after she told me the news, and broke down, crying and screaming. When the two oppas came home though, I didn't tell them a thing. Who knew what they'd do?

Finally mustering up the courage, I stood up and trudged to the door, before peeking out the peek hole. A wave of relief rushed through me as I saw who it was. I swung the door open, smiling. "L.Joe."

He grinned and said, "Yo," before doing his signature wink and salute. 

"What are you doing here?" I asked, subconsciously smiling like some idiot. I moved aside to let him in. L.Joe had forced me to give him Yunho-oppa's address before I left that day, so I did.

He walked in, his eyes taking in the whole mansion and nodded, in an impressed manner. "Nice..." He sat down on the couch, making himself completely at home and yawned. "I figured that you were going to be bored by yourself in this great big mansion, so decided to drop by for a visit." He grinned at me playfully. "Missed me?"

I shook my head, "Not really. Want a drink?"

"Sure."

I went to the fridge and pulled out a can of coke. "Here you go." I threw the cold can to L.Joe and he caught it smoothly. I raised an eyebrow, impressed. "Nice..." I mimicked him.

He chuckled and asked, "So how is it? Living here?"

I shrugged, "It's cool..." After a short pause, I sighed and said, "Truthfully, it's boring as hell. Yunho-oppa and Changmin-oppa are both in London. I've no one to chat to."

"You forgot about mwuh! You could always call me, unless you don't enjoy my company or something." He pouted.

I shivered and said, "Don't do that, Lee Byunghyun! That pout!" I faked a shiver, "Eww..."

"Yah!" He chuckled. Then, his eyes lit up, "Yes! I know what we can do on this merry day!"

Rolling my eyes, I asked, "What?"

The way his mischievous eyes twinkled made me worry about what he had in mind. He grinned and said, "I, L.Joe, am taking you, ~~~~~, on a date!" I stared at him blankly, truly having nothing to say. He remained grinning, "So, what do you think? You, me, date." When he saw that I wasn't responding, he pouted and grabbed my arm, "Yah! You're not rejecting me, are you? Yah!"

I stifled a laugh, "Of course I'm not! I'm just teasing! Let's go out on a date then!"

I stood up and prepared to walk to the door, but he grabbed my wrist and shook his head, "Na-ah. Not yet, little missy! Look at what you're wearing."

Looking down at my casual track-suit pants and t-shirt, I raised an eyebrow, "Yeah, what about it? I'll just grab a jacket or something. Let's go."

"No way on earth are you going out with the L.Joe, looking like that." He frowned, disapprovingly. "Go and change into more proper clothes, little missy."

"You're not ashamed of me... are you?" I teased.

"Of course not! It's jus-" Ding Dong! The doorbell interrupted him, before he had a chance to explain himself. He looked at me, curiously. "I thought you didn't have any plans with anyone." 

"I don't... who could it be?" I mumbled, before walking to the door.

Being the careless me I was, I opened the door this time, without peeking out at the peek-hole to see who it was. I froze on the spot when I realized who was standing in front of me.

"Who is it?" L.Joe called, before coming to my side to join me, "Who..." He stopped in mid sentence.

"Omonim..." I breathed out. 

She smiled gently at me, "~~~~~-ah..." 

When I realized what I said, I shook my head lightly, "Sorry... I meant to say, Mrs. Kim," and bowed.

Her smiling face became disappointed. At her side were two body guards whom I am, both, familiar with. I gave them each a tiny nod and they returned it, in their stern but warm way. "May I come in?"

I moved aside and nodded, looking down at the floor, not daring to meet her eyes, "Of course." 

When she and her body guards moved into the house, I closed the door shut and invited them to sit down on the white couch. Of course, like always, the two body-guards stood. 

L.Joe excused himself by going into the kitchen to make tea, leaving me with Kim Jaejoong's mother. I looked at her cautiously and asked, "Mrs. Kim, how'd you know where I was?"

She sighed and shook her head, "~~~~~-ah, you know what I'm going to say about you calling me 'Mrs. Kim,' just continue to call me 'omonim' like you used to."

"But... araso."

Smiling, omonim nodded in approval, "Well, I have my ways. Don't worry, I haven't told my idiot of a son yet." She scowled, "Such a mess he's caused..." 

L.Joe came back with a silver tray. I stared at him, wondering how he managed to lay his hands on that. Not even I knew where everything was yet. He carefully placed a cup of tea in front of omonim.

"Allow me to introduce, omonim, this is Lee Byunghyun. He's a friend of mine from school."

L.Joe smiled and bowed perfectly. "Nice to meet you, ma'am."

Omonim smiled. "Sit, you don't need to stand around."

He nodded and sat next to me. I had a feeling that he wanted to ask me millions of questions and was trying not to burst out. I looked at omonim and asked, "Omonim, what brings you here?"

She reached out and took my hand, "~~~~~~-ah, you should know, you're like a daughter to me, right? Will you... reconsider?"

I knew what she getting to. She wanted me back with Kim Jaejoong. Of course she did. Slowly retracting my hand, I shook my head, "I'm sorry, omonim... I don't think I can't. I can't and I won't. I'm sorry." I stood up and bowed, and stayed in a bowing position.

"But... after all this time... it's just another obstacle? Can't you get over it? ~~~~~-ah, please, reconsider." She grabbed my hand. I straighted up, not daring to look her in the eyes. "Please..." Seeing that I was totally unfazed, she got on her knees, which shocked everyone in the room.

"Omonim!"

Tears brimmed her eyes, "Please! You mean so much to Jaejoong! Blame me for being a bad mother, but please forgive Jaejoong. I can't bear to see him in so much pain..."

"Omonim, please stand up." I helped her up. "You don't understand, omonim... Maybe one day I'll forgive him, but I won't ever forget what he did. What's the use of a relationship that holds so much regret and grudge? What's the use of me being with him when I know now that he probably will do it again? He did it once, it doesn't stop him from doing it again."

"All men are like that, ~~~~~, please understand. I had to go through just as much when I was with Jaejoong's father, but we're still together. There's nothing stopping the two of you."

I shook my head, tears trickling down my cheek, "Omonim, that's where you're wrong... there is something... omonim, my mother. She's pregnant with your grandchild."

Everyone in the room gasped, and I swear, for the first time in my life, I heard what silence sounded like. 

Your POV End

---