Irony

Going Crazy

 

Your POV

I closed my eyes and embraced the sweet piano melody that danced around the room. I sighed and leaned lightly on Jae-ahjusshi’s arm, careful not to disturb his beautiful piano playing.

I heard him lightly chuckle and when he finished the piece, he reached up and brushed away a strand of loose hair from my face.

I smiled and opened my eyes, looking up at his beautiful, mysterious eyes. “That was so beautiful, pedo-ahjusshi.”

“Yah!” He said, grinning. “Don’t call me that!”

I rolled my eyes and poked my tongue out at him. “You are one!”

“Yah!” He said. He reached out to grab me, but I quickly jumped off the piano stool and ran across the room. “Come here you!”

“Try and catch me, you old man!” I teased.

He chuckled and ran after me. “Aish! This kid!”

I laughed and sped off. His long legs quickly caught up to me though, and he engulfed me in a big hug. The force of hug, had me tackled onto the floor.

He was on top of me, and we were both a laughing mess. “Caught you.” He said, smiling. “Punishment time.”

I raised my eyes and teased, “What kind of punishment?”

He smiled and his face inched towards mine. His lips gently pressed against mine and he kissed me slowly and gently. I kissed him back.

As he moved back for air, I whispered, “What type of punishment is that?”

He chuckled and kissed me again, this time the kiss fuelled with more passion than the last. What a perfect moment…

 

I sat right up, waking from my sleep, and found that I was crying. I sighed and dug my face into my knees. It was only just a dream…

Maybe everything had been just a dream. I looked around the room to see my packed luggage bags sitting in the corner.

“It’s not a dream.” I felt miserable. And tired. And just miserable. A shiny object caught my attention, from the corner of my eyes. I turned towards it to see a broken picture frame that held a photo of Kim Jaejoong and me sitting at a fishing deck watching the sunrise on a beach.

I leaned down from my bed and picked it up. It was taken years back. We had gone on vacation with Changmin-oppa, Yunho-oppa, Yoochun-oppa and Junsu-oppa to a private island that Yunho-oppa owned. The photo was secretly taken by Yoochun-oppa.

It was my favourite photo. It was so beautiful. The smiles on our faces looked so peaceful, so content. I looked at Kim Jaejoong’s face. He was like a god. So perfect and gorgeous. Everything a girl could ask for.

He could have had any girl in the world, but… he chose me. Me.

I never understood that. I guess I never will.

I was just so plain, so average. Not even good at anything. Unlike my friends.

I was not super intelligent like Sara. I was not fit and athletic like Gina. Nor was I artistically blessed like Minah.

I always admired them. They were so good at what they did. And me? I was just plain old boring me.

But Kim Jaejoong fell for me, out of all people.

Tears blurred my vision as my fingers lightly brushed across his face on the frame. The broken piece of glass slit my finger, and blood dripped down, seeping the edges of the glass.

More tears fell as I watched my blood slowly destroy the beautiful picture.

How ironic. Just like how my own blood from my finger destroyed this beautiful picture of Jaejoong and I, my own blood mother tore Jaejoong and I apart.

How ironic. How very very ironic.

Your POV End

---