Everything's over

Leader Sungjong and Maknae Sunggyu!

It was the last day Sunggyu in Sungjong’s body and the once leader couldn’t be happier. He woke up accompanied by Sungjong’s teddy in his arm. Maybe having a big teddy in 20s is not that bad at all. Slowly raised the white fluffy thing high, he made a staring contest with him.

              Now that I look at you, you have a pair of sad eyes. Sungjong must abuse you too much.

              Then a thought hit him. What’s it feel like to flow out his anger towards the teddy? Sungjong seemed to really enjoy it.

Slap.

              Sunggyu’s right hand lightly reached the poor teddy’s cheek.

Slap.

               This time, he tried the other side of the cheek.

               It feel strangely satisfying, no wonder Sungjong chose this kind of method to vent his anger (that’s partly because of him).

               “Abusing Mr Teddy again? Who’s this time? Sunggyu hyung, Woohyun or Sungyeol?”

               Hoya’s sudden voice made Sunggyu jumped in shock but the rapper just smile sweetly at him (but Sunggyu thought it looked more like a flirty smile).

               “You,” Sunggyu purposely answered, making the smile on Hoya’s face disappeared almost instantly. He don’t like the way Hoya look at him (okay actually it’s Sungjong not him), it was like the purple maniac is up for something. Sunggyu may be exaggerated but after Hoya comment on his y S-line, it made him uncomfortable around the younger.

               “What did I do to you?” There was a sad tone in Hoya’s voice.

               “Nothing hyung. I’m just thinking about you,” Sunggyu nearly roll his eyes of his lies. But he was aware he still in the maknae’s body so he cannot raise any suspicious.

               “Oh, you’re thinking about me?” Hoya chuckled. “I don’t believe you though,” He then laughed. “But it’s great to see you abusing that teddy again. You know, Woohyun and I thought you and Sunggyu hyung exchange body or something coz you both behave so different these days. But now I can confirm it was just our imagination. There’s no way Sunggyu hyung will slap the teddy. He always thinks that it’s childish and immature. Aigoo, that hyung and his stupid ego.”   

                Sunggyu barely resisted himself from jumping towards the rapper and claw his face. Since when he has a ‘stupid’ ego? May today pass quickly so he can deal with Hoya with his own body. You’ll suffer Hoya, you will. Sunggyu smirked inwardly.

~~

                Sungjong tidied up his bed as nice as he can since Sunggyu will sleep there that night. If everything according to plan, he will get his body back today, at the end of the day at most. Finally, he don’t have to consume all the vitamins again, it made him sicker for some reason.

                 Folding the blanket to square, Sungjong noticed Woohyun was there too, looking at him. “Good morning Woohyun,” He smiles.

                Woohyun didn’t move a bit and keep staring at him.

“Woohyun? Hello Mr Nam?” Sungjong tried again.

                Still no reaction.

“Hey greasy walking ugly tree, are you okay?”

                Only then Woohyun snapped out.

“Ne Sunggyu hyung... Do you by any chance....--“

                The door suddenly flung open.

“Sunggyu hyung, can I talk to you for a while?” Sunggyu stood by the door and signalled for Sungjong to come out. The younger got the message immediately and walked away from the bed.

~~

                “I’m going to kill Hoya tomorrow, I don’t care,” Sunggyu hit the wall hard. They’re currently on the rooftop of the apartment, save from other members’ eyes. “Sungjong, prepare for Hoya funeral,”

                Sungjong just looked at the older, confused. “What’s happen hyung?”

                “He talked bad about me,” Sunggyu hissed.

                “Well, everyone knew Hoya don’t like you,” Sungjong just shrugged it off.

                “What!! I didn’t know that!,”

                Sungjong cupped his mouth. “Ops, I guess I just spilled out a secret,” He mentally cursed himself for adding fuel to the fire.

                “That kid.. “ Sunggyu gritted his teeth. “Ya, Sungjong be careful of him. Hoya may be up for something. The way he looked at you was strange,”

                “Huh? Hyung, if he’s up for something, he will surely do that long time ago. Stop being overprotective freak,”

                “Freak!? You just called me a freaking freak!?” Sunggyu raised his voice.

                “Okay okay I’m sorry hyung. Can you stop getting mad? You still in my body and I don’t want to get wrinkle on my face. My face is my everything”

                Sungjong came forward and cupped Sunggyu’s cheek to get rid of the anger. And it worked.

                “Aigoo, I know you love me hyung,” Sungjong chuckled. After they exchange body, Sungjong realized that Sunggyu love him more than he ever imagine. Maybe he should delete Sunggyu from his list of annoying hyungs.

                “Just... make sure you wear more clothes at night,” Sunggyu gave up.

                “Arasso hyung.”

~~

                Woohyun is not one to let go easily. Once he met with a question, he felt the need to find the answer, a solid one, at any cost. During morning before, Woohyun keep staring at his roommate, trying to find any evidence. That’s when he realized the way the leader folded his blanket is different from what Sunggyu used to do. Sharing a room since before debut, Woohyun even knew the way Sunggyu put his pillows and folds his blanket. And that’s totally different from hours ago.

                He meant to ask Sunggyu about it if not because of their maknae barged to their room and nearly make the door break into two. Determine to find an answer, Woohyun walked out from his room. He needed to ask the managers if they spot anything different with Sunggyu. The managers probably at the company building that half an hour away but he couldn’t care less. To find them is his first priority.

                Hurriedly stepped to the door, his body met with a solid thing, making him stumble backward and felt to the floor.

                “Ouch, that’s hurt!,” Myungsoo cried while holding his shoulder. Turned out he was the thing that Woohyun bumped before. Dongwoo and Sungyeol were there too, seeing the accident. The three of them were on their way from their room to the kitchen.

                “I’m sorry Myungsoo. I didn’t see you,” Woohyun quickly apologized.

                “Where did you want to go?” Dongwoo asked.

                Finally stood up, Woohyun replied. “I want to meet our managers. Ask them if they saw anything suspicious with Sunggyu hyung and Sungjong.”

                “I thought we have talk about this yesterday,” Sungyeol sounded confuse.

                “I know. I just want to confirm everything,” Woohyun was determined.

                This can’t be good. Myungsoo was suddenly nervous. He can’t voice out his suspicious to the managers.

And then.... his barely-function-brain thought of an idea.

                “Aigoo aigoo,” Myungsoo touched his head and felt on the floor. “I feel so dizzy.” He tried to fish an attention.

                “What!? Are you okay Myungsoo?” Sungyeol bent towards his roommate and patted his back.

                The plan went smooth. “I think it’s because the accident earlier,”

                “You’re perfectly fine seconds ago,” Woohyun spoke.

                “The effect just came now. I think I’ll be okay if Woohyun hyung cook something for me,” Myungsoo tried to sound pitiful. He should make Woohyun cancel his meeting with the managers.

                “What!! I want to hurry. I’ve got something to do,” the main vocal felt uneasy with the sudden request.

                “Hey Woohyun how can you say that? You’re the one that bumped into Myungsoo. Go cook for him,” Dongwoo was obviously sided with his roommate. It’s Woohyun’s fault after all.

                “Aishhh, okay okay,” Woohyun gave in. I’ll just cook ramyun, he thought.

                “No ramyun please, it’s bad for health,” the visual spoke in low voice but Sungyeol managed to hear it.

                “Woohyun hyung NO ramyun coz it’s bad for Myungsoo’s health,” Sungyeol stood out proudly to speak his roommate’s mind.

                “I’m craving for spicy braised chicken,” Myungsoo whispered to the tallest member.

                “Cook spicy braised chicken for Myungsoo,” The choding gave an order.

                “That’s ridiculous! It took 2 hours to cook that!,”

                “Ya, just cook that for him,” Dongwoo jumped in the situation. He actually wanted to eat that too.

                “All of you are ridiculous,” Stomping his feet, Woohyun walked to the kitchen and prepared for the said meal nevertheless.

~~

                Myungsoo was finally alone in his room with thick blanket covered up his body. He succeeds to send away Sungyeol and Dongwoo though his lovely roommates wanted to take care of him. Saying he will surely call them if he needs anything, Sungyeol and Dongwoo retreated from the room to watch a movie they recorded last night.

                After making sure everything is clear, Myungsoo jumped out and reached for his phone. He quickly dialled Sungjong’s number to tell about his perfect plan. It was not long before Sungjong’s sweet voice greeted him on the other side of the line.

                “Hello?”

                Upon hearing the maknae’s voice, Myungsoo squealed of overexcitement. He can’t wait to gain praise over his great plan. “Hello, Jongie ah,” He answered excitedly.

                “Erm, no. This is Sunggyu,”

                Myungsoo’s smile faded almost instantly. How can he forget that they exchanged body? It’s okay, he still want to brag about his succeeded plan. “hyung.. Where are you?”

                “I’m at nearby market with Sungjong,” Sunggyu said.

                “Hyung, praise me,”

                “For what?” Sunggyu asked.

                “Woohyun hyung tried to tell his suspicious about you and Sungjong to the managers but I managed to hold him back. He’s currently at the kitchen cooking for me. I’m awesome right?” The younger chuckled as he recalled his act earlier.

                “Not really. It doesn’t matter if Woohyun want to voice out his suspicious to the managers. It’s not like they realize anything wrong. Even our members didn’t notice that we exchange body, what else the managers,”

                Myungsoo rolled his eyes. Okay, now that he think about it, it’s true after all but....”Hyung, I want to talk to Sungjong,”

                The line was quiet for seconds before Myungsoo hear Sunggyu’s voice on the line. “Ne Myungsoo hyung?”

                It was Sungjong, thank God. Eventhough the voice was different, the tone definitely belong to the maknae.

                “Sungjong, praise me,”

                “For what?” Sungjong asked.

                “Woohyun hyung tried to tell his suspicious about you and Sunggyu hyung to the managers but I managed to hold him back. He’s currently at the kitchen cooking for me. I’m awesome right?” Unlike before, Myungsoo’s voice was slow and not energetic anymore.

                “Woah, that’s great hyung! Really daebak!,” The praised immediately made Myungsoo jumped in joy.

                “I know right!!” His voice was back to normal, full of energy.

                ‘It’s not that great though’ Myungsoo can hear Sunggyu said at the back of the line, faint but loud enough to hear.

                “Tell Sunggyu hyung to shut up,” The visual was sulking.

                “Sunggyu hyung, Myungsoo hyung—“

                “Wait---I’m---“

                “asked you to shut up,”

                “just kidding,”

                Myungsoo quickly ended the call. He knew the ex-leader will probably take the phone and yell at him for being disrespect. Not that he care, he just want to save his ear from bleeding and he certainly doesn’t want to hear Sungjong’s sweet voice bark at him.

                Wait, what did they do at the market? Did they eat ice-cream without him?

~~

                They were currently circling the table, all 7 of them, with the special lunch of the day; spicy braised chicken. It was currently 3 pm, a bit too late for lunch but they already getting used to it, having to live with busy schedules every day.                

                Sungjong, the leader sat at the front, special sit, with his ‘dongsaengs’ on left and right. Everyone, especially Woohyun waited for him to test the food and comment on it. Taking a sip of the soup, Sungjong’s eyes glimmered with shock that it looks like he found gold in the soup.

                “Daebak!!!,” He mouth was dropped open as he raised his thumb, showing a good sign. “Woohyun-ah, let’s open a restaurant after this,”

                Woohyun laughed with the comment. “Aigoo, Gyu hyung you made me blush,” The main vocal put his hands on both of his cheeks as he gave his greasiest smile.

                Sungjong felt like smacking the face. Why did he bother to even compliment in the first place? Eventhough the food is really delicious, he still doesn’t want to see Woohyun greasy smile. It made him want to puke blood. He doesn’t think he’ll ever like it, not even in million years.

                “Gyu hyung..” Woohyun called, snapping Sungjong from his thought. Just when he about to respond, Woohyun started showering him with his infamous virtual hearts. The leader lost count of the ‘hearts’ he received. Oh God, someone stop him before I dunk my face in this hot soup.

                Sungjong looked around but everyone already immersed in their food, not a bit bothering about the situation. Everyone except Sunggyu.

                The maknae gave Sungjong a sly smile, probably relieved he’s not in his body at the moment coz God knows how much he hate greasy namu.

                Hyung, help me please. Sungjong tried to speak with his eyes, and it was not hard for Sunggyu to understand him.

                “Woohyun-ah, eat your rice before it gets cold.“ Sunggyu then took one piece of chicken and put it in Woohyun’s bowl. 

                Woohyun stopped instantly, his eyes met Sunggyu with a deep meaning. The maknae didn’t know why it sent him shivered all over his body. “Okay,” Woohyun’s voice was completely flat, as if his mind was not there anymore.

~~

                “Guys, let’s watch a movie,” Sungyeol suggested that night, his hand busy going through their cd collections. Sunggyu and Myungsoo just sat on the couch, decided to just settle with any Sungyeol preference. The two rappers of the group still hasn’t come back from their meeting with Rhapbet while Sungjong and Woohyun were in their room, not interested in joining them.

                “Sungjongie, you really should stop buying horror movies. We have too much already, and I hate it.”Sungyeol said, his eyes fixed with every title of the cds. “Let’s watch MAMA”. The choding finally chose.

                Huh, said someone who hates horror movies. Sunggyu rolled his eyes upon the choice of the ghost story.

                “Arasso, HYUNG...,” Sunggyu intentionally stressed the ‘hyung’ part because after this he’ll never need to call Sungyeol ‘hyung’ anymore. Seeing the sight made Myungsoo giggled of pure joy.

                “What is so funny HYUNG?” Sunggyu sent Myungsoo a death stare, making the younger gulped down in fear. Sunggyu clearly still hold the grudge of their phone conversation earlier.

                “Noth-Nothing,” Myungsoo stuttered.

                Sungyeol proceeded to put the cd in the dvd player and they waited for the movie to start silently.

~~

                Sungjong loves reading books, everyone knows that. He’s the type that have at least one book whenever he go though the book may just left untouched for days when he has busy schedules. To have it there gave him some sort of comfortable feelings, as odd as it sound.

                That’s why the leader is currently on the bed after decline Sungyeol’s offer to watch movie together. He found Sunggyu’s book named ‘Quality of Leader’ yesterday and decided to take a peek before ended up reading it almost half by the time.

                Sungjong must be too engrossed that he didn’t realize Woohyun was there too, looking straight at him.

                “Gyu hyung, can I talk to you?” The heart master asked.

                Sungjong put down the book, a bit surprised of the sudden voice but gave a nod seconds after. “Sure,”

                With the permission, Woohyun landed beside the leader and his eyes pierce through Sungjong’s barely open eyes.

                “Hyung, you know that we really close to each other and to be honest, you’re the closest member to me in Infinite. We never hide secrets with each other, always told each other our problem.” Woohyun stopped and sighed.

                Sungjong suddenly felt his body forming cold sweat, he definitely don’t like where the conversation headed.

                “So hyung, I wanted to ask you if anything happen to you... and Sungjongie. I didn’t realize at first but the more I analyze, the more I can see that you looked like a different person. And hyung..” The main vocal took the book from Sungjong’s hand and raised it in front of the leader’s face. “You never like this book. You said it’s boring,”

                It was dead end for Sungjong. There seemed no room for argue. He needs to play dumb nevertheless.

                “What are you talking about Woohyun-ah?”

                “Sungjong speak informal to me during our lunch but no one realize it since they were busy eating,” Woohyun didn’t even bother to answer Sungjong’s question. “Can you swear to me, in the name of our friendship, that nothing ever happen to you?”

                The last words suffocate Sungjong, it made him hard to breath. Woohyun was clearly tried to push him off the edge. There’s no point to argue anymore. Sungjong gave up. He didn’t want to be the one that ruin Woogyu relationships if Woohyun found out he was lying. He’ll just tell the truth. If Woohyun doesn’t believe it’s not his fault. Well, he did try. Taking all of his courage, Sungjong shut his eyes tightly prepare to unveil the truth. “Actually...”

                “I AM SUNGJONG!” He shouted out, loud and clear. Slowly open his eyes, he expected Woohyun will look at him with his jaw drop to the floor but instead, Sungyeol and Myungsoo were in front of him, their face spelled confuse.

                “Are you crazy?” Sungyeol said. “Of course you’re Sungjong,”

                Sungjong’s mouth wide open as he trailed his body. Thin waist, skinny legs long, arms.. he was in his own body!!! The spell finally wear off!

                Sungyeol was blabbering about how Sungjong shouted at the best part of the movie and made him lost his focus when the maknae wrapped his arms around the choding’s neck. “Yeollie hyung!!” Sungjong then moved to Myungsoo and hugged him too. “Myungsoo hyung!!”

                “Ya, what happen to you?” Sungyeol asked but Sungjong just ignored him and moved to Sunggyu’s room.

                As he opened the door, Sungjong can see Sunggyu was there, still confuse with whatever just happen.

                “Sunggyu hyung!!,” The maknae can’t contain his joy anymore.

                “Sungjong!” Sunggyu said, slowly gaining his mind. He stood up to meet the younger but his act was halted when Woohyun grabbed his wrist.

                “Hyung we haven’t finished here. Swear to me that you’re really Sunggyu hyung,”

                “Huh? I swear I’m Sunggyu. Okay?” Sunggyu reached for Woohyun’s shoulders and reassured him that he really is the leader.

                “O—Okay,” Woohyun’s voice sounding defeated.

~~

The next day on the rooftop~

                “I’m glad we switch back at the crucial moment,” Sungjong voiced out his thought.

                “Yeah. me too. It’s good to have my dongsaengs back.” Sunggyu said.

                “And I got my hyungs back,”

                They both exchange looks and smile.

                “Hyung... It’s so hard to be a leader,” Sungjong spoke.

                “It’s hard to be a maknae too,” Sunggyu ruffled the maknae’s hair lovingly.

                The 7 days story taught them that no matter what happen, they are happy with their own role in the group; a hamster leader and a pretty, sweet maknae.

 

                End.

~~

Me: I’m so sorry everyone it took me so long for and update. Sungjong!!

Sungjong: Ne noona.

Me: Can you help me apologize to my readers? I finished the story only after over 2 years.

Sungjong: Two years!? That’s long. you’re so lazy noona.

Me: I know. I am indeed. Now help me please?

Sungjong: Okay.

Sungjong: Dear everyone, please forgive this author. She’s so lazy but at least she finished it right? *wink* I seek for your understanding.

Me: Thanks Jongie. Myungsoo!!!

Myungsoo: Ne?

Me: Help me apologize to my readers too.

Myungsoo: Eh, why me? I’m not even the main character.

Me: Because you’re the member with most fans. Come on.

Myungsoo: No I refuse—

Sungjong: Hyung come one~

Myungsoo: Ar—arasso

Myungsoo: Everyone, I’m sorry on behalf of this author. I can’t help that she’s lazy. Don’t read her story again after this.

Me: Ya!!

Really end.

I started this fic when I’m still new to AFF. It was during The Chaser era and I’m celebrating their win. And now I’m celebrating their last romeo 2nd win. It took me so long to finish this. I’m terribly sorry. After 2 years, I think my writing style is a bit different, idk if it’s a good or bad thing but I hope you enjoy my story :)

-Suki'