The Practice

Leader Sungjong and Maknae Sunggyu!

 

Sungjong opened the door of the practice room slowly and peeked inside to make sure no one is there. After convinced that he’s the only one there, he took a step inside. There was no sound in the room, not even Sungjong’s steps. Seeing the quite room, Sungjong can guess that Sunggyu not reach there yet.

He switched on the light and the room turned bright.

“Sungjong...” Sungjong jumped in shocked when a voice whispered at his ears. His heart beats faster and he quickly turned back to meet the voice’s owner.

“Sungjong. Keke. Are you shocked?” Sunggyu laughed when he saw the boy’s face turned pale.

“Hyung!” Sungjong yelled.

“What!? I just want to see my face when I’m in shocked. Turns out it was pretty cute.” Sunggyu giggled at his words.

 “Pwehh.. I’m cuter than you hyung. Seeing my face closer, I have a flawless skin. Not to mention my eyes are bigger than you.” Sungjong then approached his face to see it clearly.

“Yah, don’t ever compare my eyes to anyone because they are.... special. Okay,okay,let’s cut this crap. Just move on to our practice.” Sunggyu took the cd and put it on the player.

“Hyung. I don’t know your move so how?” Sungjong asked the maknae.

“That’s why you going to dance your part first. Then I’ll follow.” After explained it, Sunggyu pressed the play button and Be Mine song filled in the practice room.

Sungjong started to dance his parts from beginning to the end of the song while Sunggyu tried to follow him from behind.

“Okay hyung, now you try first. I’ll teach you if there is mistake in my part.” Sungjong said. He pressed back the play button and Sunggyu started to dance. Everything went smooth as the movement is same for all members except their place.

“Wait wait hyung. You are wrong!” Sungjong stopped the music at his part.

“Hyung, since this is my part, you need to work harder. Here, my infamous GUERAE part.” Sungjong then showed him the right movement of the dance.

“You need to give the intense stare, like you want to the camera.” Sungjong gave Sunggyu an explanation.

“I don’t want to a camera. I’m a normal person.” Sunggyu shook his head repeatedly.

“Hyung, I said LIKE you want to the camera. I also don’t want to the camera. Am I weird or what?” Sungjong sighed.

“Except your adult ceremony performance and minus the fact that you have a big teddy bear in your 20s and forgetting the fact that you kiss Yeollie in front of his parents... Yes, you’re not weird.” Sunggyu tried to give his logic.

“Hyung, it’s Yeollie hyung that asked me to kiss him! Not me!” Sungjong pouted. He quickly started back the music so they will not involve in a further argument.

“Okay,okay.” Sunggyu also just want to focus in their practice.

“kkok baro bwa, uneunge shilheoseo geurae” the maknae miming Sungjong’s part while leaning backward in slow movement according to the dance and gave the stare but...

BUK.

Sunggyu cannot balance his body and felt down. The backward part were hard then he imagines.

“Hyung you can’t even do this? But you also have this movement right?” Sungjong asked.

“Yes, I have this movement part but singing it while give the ‘intense’ stare and lean backward at the same time is hard!” Sunggyu stood up and get ready back.

“That’s why people love me in Be Mine hyung. I’m awesome.” The leader hits his chest proudly.

“Whatever. Let just continue.” After that, they continued the dance for only-God-know how many times.

Finally Sunggyu can do Sungjong’s part perfectly. They both were exhausted by the training.

“Now my parts. For the beginning, you need to sing my parts without dance first since I’m a main vocal.” Sunggyu started back the music after they took a 5 minutes rest.

“Hyung, you have many parts. But I don’t really know how to use your voice.” Sungjong started to look uncomfortable.

“Apeunge himdeureo geurae, geureon neol bolttae MADAaaaa!!!” Sungjong’s voice cracked at the high note.

“I’m sorry hyung.” The younger boy looked totally disappointed with his performance.

“Erm, I think you just need to use a flat voice. You don’t need to make it high. It’s okay since that is the only performance.” Sunggyu tried to make a wise thinking.

“Is it hyung?” Sungjong looked worriy now.

“It’s okay.” Sunggyu ruffled the boy’s hair to calm him.

After an hour of voice training, they moved to the dance part. The dance part is not a big problem to Sungjong since Sunggyu didn’t have a complicated move like Hoya. Imagine if he need to split his legs like Hoya. Just the thought made him shivered. He may end up with broken legs.

The training took the whole evening. They managed to sharpen their move but still struggling at the place movement. They always went to the wrong side and without the present of other members, it made it harder to imagine the placement.

After all of the hardship, they have a rest again. Sunggyu took two cold drinks from the fridge and gave one to his dongsaeng. Sungjong gulped down the drink hurriedly to wet his dry throat.

“Hyung. Now I know.” Sungjong started a conversation.

“Know what?” Sunggyu faced his dongsaeng in curiosity.

“Now I know how it’s like to be a main vocal. I always imagine it and envious when you got to sing more.” Sungjong gave a bitter smile.

“Sungjong....” The older felt his heart in pain to hear it from Sungjong himself.

“Now I have chance to do it! Don’t worry hyung. I know you and Woohyun hyung worked hard to improve your vocal.” The bitter smile soon replaced with a cute one.

Kriek.

The sound of the door made two of them startled. When the door fully opened they can see Hoya looked at them in shock.

“Sunggyu hyung? Sungjong? What are you doing here? Hyung, I thought you go meet our CEO?  Sungjong, you said you want to meet your friend?” A bullet questions came from Hoya’s mouth. Sunggyu and Sungjong looked at each other in fear.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Woah, I need to watch their practice video over and over. :) But please enjoy~ Here if you want to watch it..