The Climb

Leader Sungjong and Maknae Sunggyu!

 

It was nearly 2pm and they haven’t start their walk. It’s said that they needed about 2 hours to reach the peak and another 2 hours to climb down.

“So before we move, I’ll read your walking order. I’m going to be in front, followed by Dongwoo, Woohyun, Hoya, Sungyeol, Myungsoo, Sungjong and Sunggyu. Lastly, my friend will guard you from the back.” Mr Kim introduced his friend, Mr Song to all of the members.

Sungjong frowned when he needed to be the second last person. Why he can’t be infront? Deep in his heart, he actually felt scared and insecured. Yes, Mr Song will guard them from behind but second last is never a good place. Why a leader always need to sacrifice?

All of them then started their journey. They walked across steep path and getting scratches everywhere. It’s like no one ever use the path before. Why did the CEO chose this type of training in the first place?

Once a while, Sunggyu will look back to check on Sungjong. He knew the latter was scared of this type of things rather than a ghost. The mountain was slippery and it didn’t help them much. It will probably take more than 2 hours to reach the top.

Suddenly, the boys heard a loud scream from the back. “AHHHHH~.”

“Sungjong!” Sunggyu blurted out. Yes, it was their leader, tripped over a tree’s root.

“Hyung!” The others yelled in concern too.

“Are you okay?” Luckily, Mr Song was at the back and he quickly checked the poor boy.

“Ne~ I’m okay. Just a few scratches.” Sungjong stood back with the help of Sunggyu. Mr Kim then gave them ten minutes rest to gain back their energy.

Sunggyu didn’t notice that Myungsoo kept looking at him and when he took a sit Myungsoo came and whispered to him. “Sungjong ah, why you called your name when Sunggyu hyung tripped?”

What!? I didn’t notice it and just blurted out. The others didn’t seem to realiz too but this kid. Aishh.

“I-I did?” Sunggyu tried to look confuse.

“Of course Sungjong. I heard it clearly. I was just in front of you remember?” Myungsoo words made the ex-leader nervous.

“Well, I guess you hear it wrongly. Why would I scream my own name?” He then gave a fake laugh but Myungsoo still wore his poker face. “But—“

“Sungjong. Can I talk to you?” The conversation was cutt off when Sungjong came there.

“Of course. Let talk there.” Sunggyu quickly left Myungsoo and find another spot for him and Sungjong.

When they sure the place was safe from other members, Sunggyu quickly reached for Sungjong’s hand and examined it. “Are you okay? Did these scratches hurt?”

Upon seeing his hyung's concern, Sungjong smiled widely. “Hyung~ Are you that worried? Do you love this dongsaeng this much?” He was completely overwhelmed.

“Ya, what are you talking about? Of course I worried because it was partly my fault. I am the one that suppose to be at the back.”

“But hyung,even if I walk in front, I can still trip right? So it was not your fault.” Sungjong gave his sincere smile. It was just 4th days and I already felt like I understand you hyung.

The 10 minutes flying and they began their adventure again. This time, they walked slowly to avoid the same things happen again. After hours of sweat, they finally reached the peak. Everyone was exhausted and took the time to admire the beautiful of the nature that placed in front of their eyes.

After that, they took out the burner and started to cook ramyun there. What else can they eat on the mountain that only occupy with them at the moment.

“Waa, I never know CEO-nim will make us do this.” Sungjong whined while cooking the ramyun.

“I guess after this, we need to ask him to join too. Let he experience it himself. I bet he can only finish it halfway,” The choding words made others laughed instantly.

“Seriously, who gave him this ‘fantastic baby’ idea?” Dongwoo asked. The members glanced at each other trying to figure out the answer.

“Ahhh. I know.” Hoya stood up in excitement. “He must be influenced by that show. Ermm, 2 days 1 night! He always said their mountain climbing looked fun. Aishhh, this ahjussi.”

“Ahhh, true, true. Remember last time he watched We got married and asked all of us to get marry soon. Such a weird CEO. No wonder we have Myungsoo in our group.” Woohyun added.

“Ehh, why me?” Myungsoo pouted in dissatisfaction.

 “Okay guys, I give you another 10 minutes to finish your food and we will head back.” Mr Kim words stopped their conversation and they put their serious act back and finished off the ramyun quickly.

The way back was harder since they need to climb down a slippery path but everyone helped each other and with their perfect cooperation, the 2 hours passed by quickly. Slowly by slowly, the sight of the tents appeared.

Their manager already waiting for them with the foods there. He knew the boys will be too exhausted to cook for themselves. After the simple dinner, the boys gathered back to hear the next order.

“So, everyone, it’s nearly 9 pm. Today was a tough day right. So I’ll give you early rest. You can do what you want from now on but I hope you not stay up too late. I’ll will be in that tent and you can call me if you have any problems.” Mr Kim and Mr Song left the young boys there and headed to their tent that quite far from them.

“So what are we going to do now?” Hoya asked.

“I guess we just need to sleep. My body was too tired.” Sunggyu yawned and took a sit followed by other members.

“Ya, Lee Sungjong, since when you became a sleepy-head? Last time I check, only Gyu hyung need 12 hours of sleep everyday.” Sungyeol said jokingly. Sunggyu felt the urged to just smack the tall boy but managed to resist it since he was in Sungjong’s body.

“Guys, actually, I brought something interesting. Wait here.” Dongwoo ran into the tent and came out with something in his hand. “This!” He showed them.

“Lie detector?” Woohyun said after examined the thing.

“I thought I already took it out from your bag?” Sungyeol asked.

“Well.. hehehe. I put it back.” The dino boy grinned.

____________________________________________________________________________________________