October 3

My Secret Diary

 

October 3

These days I’ve been sleeping a lot longer than normal, since I don’t have to go to the office. So I thought I would do the same today as well but apparently Jessica had other plans for me.

Hyoyeon woke me up today, threw my clothes on top of my head saying something that I didn’t quite get and then the next thing I knew, I was on my way to the office. From what I had understood Jessica was coming back and needed me there.

I was so relieved when I walked in the office and saw her skimming through the messages left for her I could have hugged her but I knew it was not appropriate. To my surprise Jessica actually did hug me when she noticed me. She is much more open to me now. I guess there are some experiences that make you bond with others whether you want to or not.

Many other employees came to welcome her back but Jessica refused to see them. The walls she has built around her have become a lot thicker and she is much more defensive than she used to be but at least now she has left a little opening for me. Not that I blame her. Surely it was one of the other employees who rated her and Tiffany out.

I like Jessica. She has the determination that I lack. The fact that she was conspiring against Kyuhyun is another plus.

The first thing Jessica did when she came back was that she demanded the security cameras in the office to be removed. I am not so sure she had the authority to do that but nobody dared to question her. We do have guards standing outside the main door all day long but still, I can finally relax now they are not constantly watching me.

Since Jessica was gone for a week a lot of work had piled up and much of it required her to be out of the office so she soon left to take care of all the matters left in abeyance.

If I knew what was going to happen while she was gone I would have offered to go with her.

About twenty minutes after she left, I got a message from the reception saying there was a woman requesting to come in. I told them that even if she had an appointment Jessica was currently out of the office and that she would have to come back another day. I didn’t pay much attention to that incident (we have many people like her every day) until she burst into the room and locked the door behind her.

I think it’s unnecessary to say that I was left speechless.

“Mrs. Lee, I’m sorry for the intrusion but I have to talk to you right away”

I just stared at her dumbfounded.

“I am Mr. Cho’s sec- former secretary” she told me trying to keep a steady voice.

“Mr. Cho as in…” of course I knew who she meant. I just didn’t want to believe it.

Her eyes hardened and for a moment I thought she was going to slap me. “Mr. Cho as in Mr. Prime Minister to you. Please gather your belongings, from today you are transferred to his office.”

I closed my eyes and pinched the bridge of my nose trying to comprehend what she had just said. There was no way they could just transfer me to his office. Didn’t Jessica have a say in this? Didn’t I?

I tried to explain to her as kindly as I could that there was no way that somebody like me would ever be able to meet the requirements to work in the Prime Minister’s office (I couldn’t exactly start screaming that I didn’t want to go there and curl in a fetal position under my desk like I wanted).

She didn’t like this answer either though. Her face turned red and I swear to God, if she could kill me with her glare she would have. She started lecturing me about what a great honour it was for somebody like me to be offered this job and that opportunities like these didn’t appear every day. Honestly I quickly realized that she was one of Kyuhyun’s most fanatic followers.

Where was Jessica when I needed her?

After much civilized arguing I finally convinced her that I was too inexperienced to work for the Prime Minister. Of course if I hadn’t pointed out to her that she would keep her job if I turned the position down, she would still be preaching me about it.

I was so relieved when she left. I felt like I was walking a tightrope and had managed to make it to the other side just barely safe. I heard a thunder and for the first time since that woman came in the office I looked outside the window.

The rain had come at last. Great. The one day I had forgotten to bring my umbrella it started to rain. I hang around the office waiting for the rain to stop but to no avail. By the time the sun started setting I had to admit that it was not stopping any time soon.

As I had no other choice I prepared myself to get wet and probably catch pneumonia and exited the building. I hadn’t walked five steps when a black car stopped right next to me. The passenger’s window rolled down and I heard somebody calling me. I bent to see who it was and I immediately regretted it.

What was he doing outside the Ministry and more importantly what did he want from me?

“Sunny, it’s not very polite of you to make me wait” Kyuhyun scolded me playfully.

“Mr. Prime Minister, what are you doing here? Your secretary visited me and I already denied the job offer.”

“I know, that’s why I’m here. Well that and also I thought you would want somebody to drive you back home. Come on get in. We don’t want you to get sick, do we?” he opened the door and gestured me to get in.

You know how in some movies there is the stupid blonde who hears a suspicious noise and has to check it out and then she ends up dead? Well, even though I am a brunette, that’s how I felt at that moment. On one hand I should never, ever, ever, get in his car no matter how cute his smile is. On the other hand he was right, I couldn’t walk all the way back to the orphanage.

I didn’t have much time to consider my options as he pulled me in the car, closed and locked the doors, got me a towel from the backseat and started the car again. All of these in less than a few seconds.

“So, Sunny, where do you live?” he asked me but I noticed that he had already turned to the right direction.

This was not good. I was trapped in the car of my worst enemy (even though he doesn’t know that he is my enemy. I hope) who could very easily kill me and throw my body in the river or have the police do that for him. Now that I was in the car, alone with him I wished I could swim all the way back to the orphanage.

He noticed my lack of response and got straight to the point. “So, Sunny why did you refuse my offer?” he said without taking his eyes off the road.

“Mr. Prime Minister…” I started but I was quickly interrupted.

“You don’t have to call me that.”

“Mr. Cho I…” I tried again.

“Just Kyuhyun is fine.”

I clenched my fists and pressed my lips together. That cocky bastard, since when are we on a first name basis? I don’t want to be so friendly with him.

“Kyu… Kyuhyun…” I forced myself to say “I am very thankful to you but I am afraid I can’t come and work for you…”

“Is this about Jung? Because if it is I can take care of it…” I don’t think he intended for me to take this statement as a threat but I did anyway.

I clenched my fists tighter to hide my trembling. “This has nothing to do with Je- Mrs. Jung. Of course I enjoy working for her but I…” I struggled to find a believable excuse.

He suddenly pulled over, stopped the car and turned to look at me.

“Sunny, please think about it. The Parliament House is much closer to your place and the pay is much higher” he placed his hand on top of mine and looked me straight in the eyes giving me that killer smile of his. “Please do it for me.”

For him? As if I would ever do something for him. Then I fully realized what he had just said. The pay was higher. This was perfect, exactly what I needed. If I had a higher income, Hyoyeon and I could leave the orphanage much sooner than we thought.

“I’ll think about it. That’s the best answer I can give you for now” I squeezed his hand. I felt ill to my stomach as I did that but for now I had to make him trust me. If he wanted to flirt with me then I’d play along. For now.

He looked genuinely happy with my answer. He sat back in his sit and started the car again. “Great. That’s great. I knew you were going to agree in the end”

“I haven’t agreed yet. I said I’ll think about it” I pointed out to him but he didn’t pay me any attention.

When we were about 100 meters from the orphanage I asked him to let me get off there. I didn’t want anyone and especially Hyoyeon to know about this. He argued that there was no point in me getting all wet for a few meters but in the end I convinced him it was for the best. I thanked him again for the ride and got out of the car. I waited for him to drive away but the car didn’t move. He motioned for me to continue my way and so I did. I could feel the lights of his car on my back as I walked in the rain towards the entrance of the orphanage. The moment I opened the door I heard the car leaving.

I dried myself (Narsha stuck next to me from the moment I walked in the orphanage) and locked myself in the bathroom with the excuse of food poisoning. That’s the only reason I am able to write so much stuff today. I make sure to make some gag noises from time to time when Narsha asks if I need any help (like she cares about me) but other than that it’s a pretty convenient way of getting some privacy.

I have to discuss the job offer with Hyoyeon. I am not going to tell her about Kyuhyun driving me here but I can just tell her that his former secretary convinced me. We really need to find our own place, somewhere Nicole and Narsha won’t be over our heads all day long and working for Kyuhyun will give us enough money to do it.

I just hope she doesn’t completely freak out.

 

~ ~ ~ ~ 

Kyuhyun appears again. Ugh, I want to let KyuSun happen so badly but damn it it's stll too early. It would be unrealistic if Sunny changed her feelings towards him so easily so bare with me for now will you? I want to write it but I can't yet. Meanwhile enjoy this: