November 30

My Secret Diary

Jessica Jung fixed the wig she was wearing nervously. She looked behind her for the umpteenth time but again there was no one following her. Not that it mattered. Jessica knew that there are always cameras in the streets recording everything. Only the government and a few members of the Disciplinary Squad knew this but there were only a handful of places that the cameras couldn’t see.

She lifted her scarf more to make sure it covered as much of her face as possible. She walked faster but not fast enough to be considered suspicious. She would only have a chance to do this. If she failed tonight she wouldn’t be able to try again.

 


 

Yuri walked in front of her men inspecting them. They were all perfectly trained, she had made sure of that. Despite the fact that the sun still hadn’t risen, none of them looked the little bit sleepy. Not even tired.

Yuri smiled satisfied. She didn’t know why that little pest was so important that they needed a team of eight people to catch her but the sooner she was out of Yuri’s life the better. The sooner she is out of our lives the better, she thought.

 


 

Jessica turned to the dark alleyway. Her heart started beating faster but her mind was focused on her mission. She stopped in front of the old building and once again checked to see if she was alone. She climbed the stairs as quickly as possible while trying not to make any noise.

She had almost arrived at the floor she was heading to when she heard the muffled noises. At first she didn’t know what it was but she had a bad feeling that made her ran faster.

 


 

Yuri led her man to the two cars waiting outside their Headquarters. 6 of them split in the cars while she and two other followed on their motorcycles.

Before she started the engine Yuri checked her clock. 5.00. Her sisters probably were fast asleep. The morning they would have one problem less to worry about.

“Remember to split up and not gather attention. We will meet outside the destination.” She gave them her last orders and waited until all of them had disappeared in the night. She started the motorcycle and navigated through the streets of the city.

 


 

Jessica arrived in front of the door. She could hear the heartbreaking crying clearly now. The door seemed to be closed but it opened with only a soft push. The room was dimly lit, furniture packed inside the small space.

But Jessica had eyes only for the two figures on the floor. One of the two was lying on the arms of the other, her head falling lifelessly behind as her blonde hair covered her face. The other was clutching the blonde as close to her as possible, leaning above her and crying.

“Hyoyeon! Hyoyeon!” was the only thing Jessica could make out from her wailing and crying.

 


 

Yuri was the last to arrive in front of the apartment. 5.30. She thought it would take them less than twenty minutes to get there since all the streets were empty but she didn’t worry. It’s not like she had any place to hide.

She motioned to her men to take their positions. She had given them instructions about everything before they left. There was no need  for words anymore.

Four of them quickly circled the building to make sure she wouldn’t escape from anywhere else while Yuri and her men prepared to invade the building.

 


 

Sunny still hadn’t noticed Jessica. The only thing in her mind was the friend that had left her last breath in her arms. If this was a nightmare then she wished she could wake up and forget about it. But Hyoyeon’s body still felt warm in her hands and the tears tasted bitter. She knew it wasn’t a dream but she refused to believe it.

She shook her again trying to wake her up. “Please Hyoyeon, please,” she uttered between her sobbing. She caressed her face and held her closer when once again there was no response to her pleading.

Anything, she thought. I will do anything but please not her.

She felt an arm on her. She jerked away and dragged Hyoyeon away from the intruder.

Not her, please not her. I have to protect her.

“Sunny…”

The soft voice didn’t reach her ears. Sunny lost herself in the grief once again. She cried and she begged. Who was she begging? Hyoyeon? God? Maybe no one really but she kept going.

“Sunny,” Jessica tried again. She moved closer to her carefully. She didn’t want to scare her again.

“No… can’t…. have to protect,” Sunny uttered in tears and moved away from her again. She cradled Hyoyeon like she was a baby and started caressing her face. “I’m sorry, I’m sorry. Hyoyeon.”

Jessica felt her heart break. “Sunny please,” Jessica said in desperation. She got closer and hugged her. She held even though Sunny tried to break free. She held even though her crying became louder. She held her even though she knew that there was nothing she could do for her pain. She held her until her body finally relaxed and leaned into her embrace.

They stayed like this until Sunny’s crying almost stopped; Jessica hugging Sunny and patting her head comfortingly while Sunny cried in her shoulder, keeping her weak hold on Hyoyeon’s body.

Jessica felt a few tears run down her own cheeks. The blonde girl looked so peaceful. But it was obvious there was nothing they could do to save her anymore. There was a train of blood running from her nose to her cheek and then falling to her hair and Jessica could see some blood at the corner of too. She couldn’t stand to look. She turned her face and buried her face in Sunny’s hair.

When she thought Sunny had calmed down she pulled away only a little to be able to look at Sunny’s face. She wiped away the last tears and brushed a few strands behind Sunny’s ear. She got up slowly and carefully pulled her up too.

“Sunny we have to leave,” she whispered softly.

At first Sunny looked confused. She couldn’t understand what Jessica was trying to say.

 


 

Yuri and her men arrived outside the apartment. They split and stood at the side of the doors. Yuri took out her gun and they mimicked her. She was sure she wouldn’t have to use it but if she tried to resist Yuri wouldn’t mind shooting at her leg to prevent her from escaping.

 


 

“Sunny we have to go. Now!” Jessica repeated and pulled her towards the door.

“No,” Sunny said and tried to escape but Jessica’s hold on her wrist was firm. “Hyoyeon… no… I can’t,” she mumbled and took a couple of steps back, stumbling on the lamp on the floor and breaking it in the process.

The room drowned in darkness.

“Sunny there is no other way. You have to come with me now!” Jessica insisted and shook her lightly to get her to understand. Sunny didn’t respond. Jessica grabbed her arm again and made Sunny follow her to the door.

 


 

The man behind Yuri looked inside the window next to him. He shook his head to show her he couldn’t see anything because of the curtain. Yuri motioned at the man standing at the opposite side of the door. He nodded and moved in front of the door. With a kick the door broke open and Yuri and her men rushed inside holding their guns up.

The room was dark and they could barely make out the shapes of the furniture but it was clear there was nobody in the room.

“Damn it,” Yuri yelled and hit the wall with her fist. How could she have escaped?

“Ma’am, we have a body here,” one of her men informed her and showed her the young woman lying on the floor, half-hidden in the shadows and half illuminated by the light coming through the door.

Yuri pushed him to the side and leaned above her. “It’s not her,” she said through her teeth. “Search everything, everything! Find any clue that might lead us to her!” she ordered.

The men immediately started searching everything, every drawer, every corner, every box they could find.

Yuri got her cellphone out and checked with the rest of her men. No sign of that woman. She had escaped before they got there. Yuri put her cellphone away cussing at her luck. She rubbed her forehead and bit her lip frustrated.

She took a few steps around the room trying to calm down. Then she felt something break under her foot. She looked down and she saw a broken lamp. She kneeled to inspect it but her eyes fell on a small notebook with a floral print for cover. She lifted it and opened it randomly.

She got her flashlight out and read the first paragraph on the page:

November 25

I was surprised that Kyuhyun never mentioned anything about our kiss the next day. Not that he was pretending that it didn’t happen but he seemed like for him everything between us is crystal clear.

Am I the only one who is still confused? He is married to Seohyun so I guess that makes me… what? His mistress? Kyuhyun never talks about his wife, at least not in front of me. From what I’ve seen Seohyun is happy with her marriage, it’s just Kyuhyun that doesn’t pay any attention to her unless she is standing right in front of him asking his opinion for something.”

Yuri narrowed her eyes. So she was right.

 


 

Sunny was sitting at the bus next to Jessica. Jessica had given her the scarf to wrap around her to hide her red eyes and dark circles. Except from them there was only one more man in the bus. He was middle-aged and he was wearing an old coat that reached around his ankles.

Jessica kept stealing glances at him but he didn’t remind her of anyone. They were probably safe. More importantly she had to take care of Sunny now.

The poor girl hadn’t made a sound ever since they had left the apartment. She followed Jessica without trying to resist anymore and then sat at the seat Jessica showed her without complaining. Her eyes were empty and her hands were resting on her laps.

She rubbed her arm comfortingly but she got no response. Jessica allowed her worried eyes to linger on her friend for a few more seconds and then turned to look outside. Their destination was still pretty far away but they were approaching it quickly. They were lucky the buses were working twenty four hours a day. If not they would have to walk across half the city.

 


 

Yuri watched as her man placed the bag with the body at the backseat of one of the cars. Except from the notebook she had found there was nothing else useful in that apartment.

Of course Yuri wasn’t planning on letting anyone else see it for now. No, first she had a serious talk to do with her brother-in-law. A conversation that he wouldn’t enjoy at all.

 


 

Sunny wasn’t sure what  was going on. She felt empty but that just confused because she knew she ought to be devastated. felt sore and she had a little difficulty breathing but Jessica’s scent from the scarf calmed her down a bit.

She was so tired but her eyes didn’t want to close. She leaned her head against the window and stared at the scenery passing by outside. Where they close? She didn’t even know where they were going. Not that she cared but at that moment it seemed like the only thought that kept her from going crazy.

The bus finally stopped at the north-east side of the Royal Gardens. Jessica patted Sunny’s shoulder to show her that was their stop. Sunny followed her to the road and walked behind her until the sound of the river broke the silence of the night. Sunny lifted her head and looked ahead to see the Iron Gate Bridge. A car was waiting at the other side of the river.

She hesitated to cross the bridge. Did she really want to leave? Jessica had said they were leaving but never mentioned where they were going.

Jessica was already halfway across when she noticed Sunny wasn’t following her. She turned to look behind and motioned for her to follow.

Sunny finally took the last few steps and crossed the river alongside Jessica. They got in the car, driven by a man Sunny had never seen before but Jessica seemed to know and then the car left, without turning on its lights. Their destination was still a mystery to Sunny.

 


 

Yuri considered waiting until morning to visit Kyuhyun in the House of Parliament and humiliate him in front of everyone but then it occurred to her that Seohyun would be humiliated as well.

No, she decided. It was better to take care of this privately.

Seventeen minutes later she was knocking the door of Kyuhyun’s house. She heard that stupid dog bark from inside and someone shushing her. The door opened slightly and Seohyun appeared behind it.

“Yuri, what are you doing here so early?” she asked concerned.

Yuri suddenly realized how early it was. Seohyun and Kyuhyun were probably still sleeping and even their maids were doing the same. Coming there so early must have caused Seohyun to worry.

“It’s fine,” she said. “I just want to speak to Kyuhyun.”

Seohyun opened the door more to let her come in with worried eyes. “But he is still sleeping,” she said in a low voice, looking towards the direction of their bedroom.

“Yeah, well he will have to wake up because he has some questions to answer.”

“Questions? Can’t it wait until tomorrow? He is really tired this days,” Seohyun tried to reason with her sister.

“Wait? I’ve waited long enough I’m not going to let him sleep now that I have evidence,” Yuri almost screamed and immediately regretted her reaction.

Seohyun cowered back. Yuri had never yelled at her before. Even when everything seemed to upset her Yuri had always been gentle with her younger sisters. “I’m sorry,” she muttered and caressed Seohyun’s shoulders. “I just don’t like seeing him betraying you like that.”

“Betray me?” Seohyun asked confused.

Yuri hadn’t thought how she was going to break this down to Seohyun. She took a deep breath. There was no reason to lie, she just had to say it. “Kyuhyun has a mistress,” she mumbled before she had time to regret her decision.

Seohyun’s innocent eyes opened wide in disbelief. She raised her hand to her chest trying to wrap her mind around Yuri’s words. “Mistress?”

Yuri felt sorry that her sister’s world was being shuttered to pieces, even more so because she was to blame, but she preferred to tell her now than to watch her stay in a broken marriage any longer.  “You know her. Lee Sunny, his secretary,” she said wishing that Seohyun wouldn’t break down.

“His secretary?” Seohyun asked even more confused than ever. “But how-“

“I have her diary,” Yuri said and reached for the diary inside her bag.

Seohyun took it into her trembling hands and looked through it quickly.

Yuri couldn’t see any tears in her eyes. The only expression on her face was shock.

“So please let me see him now,” Yuri told her sister softly and tried to take the diary back.

“No,” Seohyun said suddenly and kept the notebook away from Yuri’s reach.

Yuri looked at her questioningly. “Seohyun please give this back to me. I’ll make sure you don’t have to stay married to this bastard another minute.”

“No,” Seohyun insisted. “I’m happy with my marriage and would like to stay like that,” she said pursing her lips stubbornly. “And don’t mention a thing about this to anyone. I’ll deal with this myself,” she ordered.

Now it was time for Yuri to be shocked. It was the first time her sister stood up to her. “But Seohyun-“

“No. There’s no reason to make an issue out of this. I’ll take care of it myself,” Seohyun said and Yuri knew that it was final. 

~ ~ ~
A.N.

And it's up! I had such a hard time writing this. I almost cried at some parts. T-T

I hope you guys like the update. 

Now we move on to Kit's whining: episode 2 

Guess who passed her driving exam on her second try? That's right, I did!

And when I got out of the car and saw my father he started crying and then I started crying and my mother was pretending she didn't know us, it was so emotional. See, I'm not good at failing. And then I got a souvlaki-pita to celebrate. If you don't know what a souvlaki is I feel sorry for you. Unless you are a vegetarian. 

And last but not least. Yep, I definitelly have a cold. Damn!