Kyuhyun's Letter

My Secret Diary

 

Dear Sunny,

I would have never guessed that the one to give me all the answers and a lead to your search would be my wife? If you are reading this then you’ve probably already read Seohyun’s entries in your diary. And I’m sure you’ve noticed that she is a nice and kind woman. But still a woman. She is weak and can’t do much except stand next to me and look pretty. Did you detect a small hint of jealousy in her writing as well?

As for me this is more like a letter than a diary entry.

You want the truth? I wasn’t pleased when I first found out that you are working with Kim Taeyeon. As a matter of fact I was furious. The word ‘betrayed’ doesn’t even begin to describe how I felt while reading your diary.

But now that I had time to think about everything I see that even you yourself couldn’t decide what to do. Yes you detested me at first but now you love me and I can be sure of that thanks to your diary.

But it’s not your love I want to question. It’s your decision to join forces with the revolutionaries. I do believe that you have a few things mixed up here. You think we destroyed this country? We think we’ve driven the people to poverty?

It’s true that there are people like Siwon who only care about the money but there are many great men working their asses off to save this country.

You want to know what’s the problem with this country? The problem is not that the politics are corrupted. The problem is that the people are corrupted.

We encourage you to betray each other? We ask to vote for us in the elections? The answer is no. You are seeing conspiracies where there are none. The problem is that the people of this country are all rotten. They begged for a job in the public sector to the point that they did whatever congressmen told them to do just so they could sit behind their office all day long doing nothing and get paid.

A government reflects the people of the country. Remember that my love.

The only conspiracy here is the one you are victim of. You think Taeyeon is some kind of hero?  You want to know the truth about her? She is almost as corrupted as Siwon. All the people disappearing?  It was her doing not ours.

In your diary you mention those two girls from your orphanage, Narsha and Nicole. Why would we want them to disappear?

Taeyeon on the other hand… If Choi Sooyoung already had her eye on you then it’s only natural that Kim Taeyeon wouldn’t want anyone following and risking exposing her plan.

And while we are on the topic of Choi Sooyoung. Of course you understand that I cannot just let the fact she is a revolutionary slide. I have obligations as minister.

But here’s what I can do for you. I’ll let Tiffany Hwang go. After all I need someone to deliver this to you and she is the only one who might know where you are right now. Don’t worry nobody will be following her. After all I don’t want anything to happen to you.

I’ll give you two days after Tiffany arrives at your hideout. I’m guessing that’s not more than three days after I release her. If you come to me in those two days then Choi Sooyoung is free to go. No one will ever know about her involvement with Kim Taeyeon. Of course that applies to anyone else mentioned in your diary.

I’m tired my love. And I’m scared. I’ve been thinking about retiring a long time now. I am still young but I’ve spent many years as a politic. The revolution is not going to fade away. The glass needs only one more drop before it overflows. And when it does no one will be safe. No one.

I may deserve it. Maybe I should stay here and let them punish me but what about the people depending on me. What about you and Seohyun? It would be unfair to both of you.

If you choose to come with me we’ll leave the next day. I’ll get a divorce from Seohyun who I am sure will not like it but will accept my decision at some point. Of course I am not planning on abandoning her. I have enough money set aside to support her and offer you a good life as well.

If you don’t come I have no choice but to continue my work as Prime Minister. Choi Sooyoung has committed a crime and cannot get away with it so easily.

I know I might sound cruel right now. But you know me better than that don’t you. You understand me like no one else.

 You understand that I love you and need you here with me right?

Sunny, I’m begging you to come back to me. Let’s leave together. Let’s forget about this nightmare. We can have a better life somewhere else. Together.

Sunny think about it please. Who are you going to trust? A woman you’ve met only once or me?

I don’t want to force you. I don’t want you to come just because of Choi Sooyoung. I want you to come because you love me. I love you and I want to be with you for the rest of my life.

So I give you the choice. If no one else was involved in this you would you come to me? If Choi Sooyoung and Jessica Jung weren’t in danger you would still want to be with me right?

Forget about Taeyeon, forget about Siwon, Seohyun and everybody else. What I care about is you. Only you.  Can you still believe me after everything that has happened?

I found out about your friend. A cruel death she didn’t deserve. Do I know who killed her? I have my suspicions. Maybe I shouldn’t tell you because then you’ll want nothing to do with me but I believe in what we have so much that I don’t hide anything from you.

I never have and never will.

Reading your diary it was clear that Choi Siwon knew very well of both your involvement and his sister’s with Taeyeon. Why he kept it to himself? I have no idea. Maybe because he still has a little bit of humanity left in him and wants his sister to be spared. Maybe because he was planning on using you to get to Taeyeon.

In the end there is no way to know why he never told me anything. But I do know him. I know his personality.

Your friend was just a way of warning you. He is tired of playing whatever game he is playing. He wants to punish you for your crimes. Any way possible. And the best way to do it is to attack you where it hurts most. Kim Hyoyeon was your greatest weakness and he took advantage of that.

I know that you might want revenge but you have to understand that Choi Siwon is the most influential man in this country at this point. You can’t do anything to him, especially since Kim Hyoyeon was working for the revolutionary army.

So I’ll finish this letter to you asking you again to not let me down. I will be waiting for you. I would wait for you forever if I could. But we can’t be on different sides. Especially now. There is a storm coming. And we have to leave before this happens.

Love, Kyuhyun. 


A.N.

So here's part 2/2 of today's update.

It's super short (like I said) but I wanted to be a different chapter because it's a different POV.

I just realised this is going to end soon. Two chapters, three at most. This is so emotional for me T-T I've been writing this for half a year now. This story has been with me through significant changes in my life and is the proof of how much my writing has improved ^^
Even the story has changed from what I was originally planning.  I started basing this on the novel 1984 but somehow it ended up based on my own experience with politics and economic crisis, however limited my knowledge is. 

So can I just take this opportunity and thank each and every one of you for your support? Those who subscribed and those who commented and even my silent readers (if I have any). Really you guys have been what motivated me to keep writing and I was thankful for every comment no matter how short or long. So yeah, thank you guys for your encouragement. I really hope you enjoyed reading this almost as much as I enjoyed writing it. 

*This ended up longer than the chapter OTL*

I'm leaving you with my lovely angel ^^