Chapter 4: Because I'm Your Oppa!

My Life With Those Guys
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Fan art by: sailorsenshi28 ^o^

 

 

We rode in the van for what seemed like hours, nothing but silence could be heard. I could feel anxiety turning my stomach as we got closer and closer to our destination.

 

There's no reason you should be anxious, you're just meeting some guy... A guy this crazy person who thinks he's my brother says is my appa... It's not like it's the end of the world!

 

As we continued our little trip I could see that the houses were getting bigger the more we drove, the cars got nicer, and the gardens were greener and lush. 

 

"We're here." Jonghyun said as we pulled up in the drive way of a giant house. Way bigger than any house I had ever seen. Clean and crisp looking color, a neat and straight lawn, and a really big gated fence that surrounded the perimeter. I followed the SHINee members into the house, through the large polished doors, and into the breath taking house. Everything matched these two colors, cream and gold. Yeah, you can imagine that huh? From the walls to the vases to the chandeliers, yeah... It was pretty amazing. And yeah, he even had one of those butler dudes who just stand around and watch you all awkwardly.

 

We all sat down on a large cream couch and waited. SHINee began to text or listen to music, where as I was still trying to take everything in.

 

Who on earth would spend this much money on a house? It looks like a castle for royalty!

 

"Our appa is a very high ranking business man in the marketing world." Jonghyun said to me, almost as if he had read my mind.

 

Oh, so that's who...

 

"Yah! I never agreed that he was my appa!" I hollered.

 

"Yeah, yeah, fine. We get it, now hush! I can't think when people talk loud..." Key said as he continued texting.

 

Theses guys are really-

 

Just as I thought that I heard footsteps. They sounded like they were walking down the spiral staircase in the foyer.

 

"Jonghyun, you're back! Did you find her-" The deep voice stopped. I turned around. It was a middle aged man, at least in his late 30's or early 40's. He wore a black business suit and a gold chain, which I assumed was a pocket watch.

 

Who wears pocket watches these days...? Well... I guess he does-

 

"Min Jee... is that really? You?" The man asked, staring at me like I was a ghost.

 

"Um... My name is Min Jee but-" I began. But by the time I had said that he ran over and hugged me.

 

"Min Jee-ah!  My Kim Min Jee-ah!" He cried. I could feel him sobbing as he held me, feeling his tears landing on my back. I pulled away from his hug and stared at him.

 

"Um... I'm sorry, but I think you have the wrong person. I've been an orphan since I was two..." I told him.

 

He looked at me, his eyes still teary. He smiled at me.

 

"Only my daughter could have those pretty eyes." He said, moving my hair out of my face.

 

"I'm sorry sir but I don't think-" I began. But he took my hand and led me to a door.

 

He unlocked it with a key and turned the light on. Inside was a small bed, a bookshelf, and stuffed animals that looked like they had not been touched in years. My eyes widened. The room looked extremely familiar. I walked over to the bed and stared at it. A small plush teddy bear laid on it...

 

FLASHBACK

 

It was night time, when everyone was supposed to sleep. But I couldn't, umma and appa were yelling again. It was hard to not hear them because their voices echoed through the hallway. I started to cry. 

 

Why were umma and appa yelling? Was someone hurt?

 

Just then I heard a knock on the door. It opened and a boy who looked quite a bit older than me walked in. I could barely see, but my nightlight allowed me to get a glimpse of his face.

 

"Min Jee-ah... Are you okay?" The little boy asked.

 

"I'm... I'm fine..." I sobbed as I sat up. He walked over to me and sat on my bed.

 

"Don't lie to me. I heard you crying Min Jee." He laughed as he put his arms around me. I giggled.

 

"I'm okay now that you're here." I said.

 

"See, now that's the Min Jee I know, always smiling!" He said as he began to tickle me. I started laughing louder, trying to push his hands away.

 

"Oppa! Stop! You know how ticklish I am!" I gasped.

 

"Why do you think I would start tickling you if I didn't know that?" He laughed.

 

I was squirming in my bed, trying to evade his attacks but it was no good. He pinned me down and continued to tickle me until I was out of breath.

 

"Yah! How did you know I was smiling when it's too dark to see?" I laughed as I fell backwards unto my bed in exhaustion.

 

"You think that you're oppa doesn't know you? I bet I know you better than umma and appa combined! Do you feel better?" He chuckled.

 

"Ne, KamSaHamNiDa oppa. But just in case I get lonely again, could you sleep in my room? Just this once?" I asked sweetly. I could tell that he was smiling at me.

 

"Okay, oppa will spend the night just this once." He said as he got into my bed and laid down. He grabbed my hand.

 

"Why do you have a teddy bear when you're oppa is in bed with you?" He asked laughingly. I knew what he meant.

 

I let go of my teddy bear and hugged my oppa like a stuffed animal.

 

"Now that's better. Goodnight Min Jee-ah" He said cheerfully. I snuggled in his oversized shirt.

 

"Goodnight oppa." I whispered.

 

 

 

The next morning I woke up. Not to my oppa's face, but to the interior of one of our cars. I looked to the front to find my umma driving, an expression on her face that I'd never seen before.

 

"Umma... where are we? Where's appa and oppa?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter