Chapter 9: Mwol haedo Onew sangtae!

My Life With Those Guys
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Everything’s going to work out Min Jee-ah… Don’t worry…” He whispered to me.

 

Those words echoed in my head, they calmed me down; they helped me drift off into a peaceful slumber.

The next morning I woke up to the same sunlight peaking through my window. Because I had left it open all night I could hear the birds, greeting the morning with their song. I felt warmth around me, arms. I moved my head a bit and realized that I had fallen asleep on Minho’s lap. I turned my head upward, causing him to look down at me. He smiled.

 

“You feel better?” He asked me. I grinned and nodded in response.

 

“That’s a relief. Now get ready for school.” He said as he ruffled my hair and moved his arms off of me. He stood up and walked out of my room.

 

I was very happy. Whenever Minho oppa was with me he helped me calm down. He made me feel excited and cheerful.

 

Everything’s going to work out… Don’t worry Min Jee-ah…

 

 

 

As the week went on, I continued to think about what Minho oppa had said. It made me feel better, like nothing could bring me down. Even though students would question my ears off and others tried to ruin my life. Such as taking my homework, throwing things at me when I passed by, and writing things about me on the bathroom walls. Oh, and not to mention the hate mail I received daily at school. But I was like,"Whatever!" because everyday I could come home to talk to Minho. It was like we had a special connection. And I know that sounds pretty lame and cliché, but it's true. I could tell him things that I wasn't comfortable telling Jonghyun or the others. He was like my secret big brother, in a sense.

 

I came home one day in a rush to finish my homework so that I could go to the movies with Youngmin, Kwangmin, and Minwoo. I opened the dorm door and walked straight to my room, putting all my school stuff on my desk, and began to write my hands off. 

 

"Min Jee-ah! What do you want for dinner?" Key oppa called from the kitchen.

 

I could hear him rummaging through the fridge, taking things out, and the clanging of pots and pans as he put them on the stove. He wasn't a quiet cook. He was more like a tornado if anything.

 

"Whatever you cook is amazing umma! So I'm fine with anything you make!" I called through my door. I heard the stove turn on and packages opening.

 

"Okay! But you better not complain come dinner time!" Key warned as he began to stir something in a pan.

 

"Is that even possible?!?!" I laughed. The thought of anyone not liking Key's cooking was preposterous!

 

I continued to write my history assignment.

 

A turning point in World War II was-

 

There was a knock on the door. I stopped writing and turned around. It was Taemin.

 

"Uh... Min Jee-ah?" He said. He leaned against the door post, shuffling his feet back and forth before he walked in.

 

Oh shoot!

 

I realized that the P.E. uniform and poster of me and him were in a black shoe box (To be thrown away) near my trash can... near Taemin.

 

"Um, I'm kind of busy right now Taemin-sshi..." I said as I eyed the black box, but then quickly turned my head and continued writing, hoping that he'd go away.

 

"But Min Jee-ah, I just wanted to-" He said as he put his hand on my left shoulder. I brushed his hand off in one swift movement and stood up, beginning to try to push him out of my room. Not too hard, just enough so that he knew that his presence wasn't wanted in my room at that time.

 

"I'm not really in the mood to talk right now Taemin, so could you please-" I said as I lightly pushed his shoulder towards the door. He abruptly grabbed my hands and held them in a tight grip, forcing me to look straight in his eyes.

 

"Min Jee-ah, just hear me out! I'm really sorry and I don't want us to be awkward anymore! So if you could just-"

 

Before he could finish I heard something slide on the floor and the cover pop open. I looked down behind his foot.

 

What are the odds...?

 

Still tightly holding one of my hands, he used his other hand and reached down to the now open black box. He pulled out its' content, first looking at the poster, and then at the uniform. I saw his eyes widen. He looked up at me with a darkened face. His jaw was slightly dropped, but he quickly closed it.

 

"M-Min Jee-ah... I'm-" He stuttered as he stared deep into my eyes. There was pain and a genuine sadness in his gaze. I couldn't look at him anymore, and in a flash I had managed to shove him out my door and lock it before he could say anymore.

 

"Min Jee-ah! MIN JEE-AH!" Taemin yelled as he pounded his fists on the door, wanting to come in and talk to me. But I wouldn't let him.

 

To: Minwoo From: Min Jee

Annyeong Minwoo oppa... Mianhae, but I'll need to take a rain check on our movie plans today.

 

 

To: Min Jee From: Minwoo

Arasseo, No problem! Wae?

 

 

To: Minwoo From: Min Jee 

Not feeling good. See you at school. 

 

 

 

 

It has been a few days since Taemin saw my black box. He would try to talk to me when I was alone, but I'd immediately go find Minho oppa or anyone who was there so I wouldn't have to talk to him. After school let out I rushed out of class into the hallway. Man, I hated school. It’s so boring! And being the center of attention in class is not a highlight either. As I walked out of the corridor of the school I spotted the girl who had helped me in the bathroom after I was attacked by the Taemints.

 

“Hey! Girl! Stop!” Min Jee called as she ran to the girl.

 

“Yes?” She answered.

 

Yes! Finally!

 

“Hey, um… thank you for helping me that one time…” I mumbled as I bowed my head a little.

 

 I’m not really used to talking to people at school besides Youngmin, Kwangmin, and Minwoo. So the atmosphere was a little awkward. She smiled at me.

 

“Oh, no problem. I was happy to!” She said. Her voice was very soft and gentle.

 

“Um… what’s your… uh…” I began.

 

“Name? Lee Sora!” She laughed. I shuffled my feet.

 

“Cool name… uh, well… I got to go now…” I told her as I spotted the black van coming to pick me up. She nodded as I turned and walked to the van.

 

“Alright then, see you tomorrow!” She called.

 

Tomorrow…?

 

I ran through the crowd of people surrounding the van and jumped in, moved to my seat in the middle of Taemin and Jonghyun oppa.

 

Aw man…

 

I sat down between them, accidentally brushing my hand over Taemin’s knees as I moved my backpack.

 

“Um… sorry… about the other night…” He whispered. I looked up at him.

 

We locked eyes and stared at each other for a few seconds, but quickly looked away. I still didn’t want to talk to him. Soon I realized that Jonghyun oppa was staring at me, a HUGE smile on his face.

 

“…What?” I asked him. He suddenly jumped up and attacked me in a hug, almost crushing my body with his.

 

“MY SISTER HAS A FRIEND!!! I’M SO HAPPY!!!!” He exclaimed as he pulled me closer. He was crushing my lungs. I could barely breathe.

 

“*gasp*Op-pa! Can’t*gasp*breath!” I choked. He immediately let go, allowing me to get air back in my lungs.

 

“Sorry, Min Jee-ah! I was just so happy you found a friend!” He said.

 

“What about Youngmin, Kwangmin, and Minwoo? What are they, aliens?!?!” I huffed. It always annoyed me how he never considered them as my friends.

 

“Maybe! You never know!” Onew laughed.

 

“Onew oppa!” I whined. He gave me his quirky 'I’m-pure-and-innocent' smile. I rolled my eyes at him and he just laughed.

 

“Well, we’re just happy you have a girl as a friend now!” Key smiled.

 

“She’s not a friend. She’s just an acquaintance.” I insisted.

 

“Oh really, and how did you and your acquaintance meet exactly?” Jonghyun asked.

 

“We… uh… well…” I mumbled. Not wanting him to know that she helped me after I got beat up. I unconsciously began to rub an area on my arm that had one of the largest scars on my body. The makeup covering it was begining to come off.

 

“Hey Jonghyun, remember the surprise?” Minho interrupted. He looked at me and winked.

 

Thank God for Minho!

 

“Oh yeah! Min Jee-ah, how would you like to go to…an SMTOWN?!?!?” Jonghyun asked with a booming voice.

 

“A… A what?” I asked as I scratched my head in confusion.

 

“SMTOWN. You know, an SM Entertainment concert!” Onew explained.

 

"Oh..." I answered.

 

"You'd get to see us in concert and meet our friends and staff members!" Key said excitedly.

 

"Um.. I'm not sure..." I told them.

 

"Come on! It'll be so much fun!" Onew nagged.

 

"Haven't you ever been to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter