Chapter 1: My Name is Kim Min Jee

My Life With Those Guys
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Fan art by: sailorsenshi28 ^o^

 

 

If you know me, you know that there are three things that I really can’t stand – thieves, bullies, and hot heads. There is a list of other things that I wouldn’t enjoy experiencing or interacting with, but these are my top three. I’m Kim Min Jee, a 15 year old freshman in high school that is currently starting my last semester of the year. Thank God! I’m good in school, always have been. I just don’t like it. Weird huh? Well anyway, here is my life in a nutshell. Orphan since the age of 2, moved out because I convinced the orphanage that I could fend for myself, and I’m moving in with my two best friends, for now. Unfortunately the orphanage still has possession of me because I’m a minor, but at least they trust me enough to let me move out! I was looking at some furniture when I heard two familiar voices.

 

“MIN JEE-AH!” Kwangmin yelled from the other side of the room. His brother Youngmin chased after him.

 

“ANIYA! I get so say hi to her first coz I’m older!” Youngmin protested.

 

“Only by like 7 minutes!” Kwangmin hollered as they raced to where I was, standing by a nice maple desk I liked.

 

Those two were always so competitive. But that was one of the things I loved about them! I was wondering who would reach me first when I felt two arms grab my waist from behind me, squeezing me tightly so that I couldn’t turn around to see who it was. But I already knew.

 

“Minwoo dongsaeng?” I playfully asked. This wasn’t the first time this had happened.

 

“Ne, noona?” He answered in the cute little voice he uses when he wants to act younger.

 

As he finished answering me the Jo twins appeared in front of us.

 

“Darn it! Minwoo won again!” They both said in unison, disappointed looks on both their faces.

 

“That’s because I love noona more!” Minwoo joked as he always did. Moving his head to my side so that we could see him, grinning like Cheshire cat.

 

Minwoo is actually older than me by two years, the Jo twins too. But since people always thought that I looked older than Minwoo he just started calling me noona and I started calling him dongsaeng. Yes, he looks that young. He has a baby face.

 

“Ne, I know you love noona, now GET OFF ME!” I laughed. Minwoo turned his grin into a pout and released me.

 

“Noona doesn’t like my hugs?” He asked. Again using his cute tone.

 

“AniGeoDeun, noona doesn’t like being crushed to death by her strong dongsaeng.” I chuckled as I checked the price tags of a milk white sofa.

 

“Yah! Min Jee-ah! Didn’t we already tell you that you’d be bunking in our room? Why are you looking at furniture?” Youngmin asked.

 

“Because! I can’t stay in your room forever! So I’m looking for good furniture to save up for. So when I move out I will have enough money to rent a room and buy furniture to put in it!” I explained.

 

“See Youngmin! Noona is smart!” Minwoo laughed playfully.

 

“Well, fine! You can plan all you want, but right now we need to get some ice cream!” Kwangmin commanded as the twins grabbed me and pulled me with them.

 

This is the way my life has always been, just me, the Jo twins and Minwoo. I can still remember when I first met them...

 

FLASHBACK

 

I was in 2nd grade. I was walking to the orphanage like I always did after school. It was raining, and I didn’t have an umbrella. I tried to tough it out like I normally would when all of a sudden I didn’t feel any rain falling on me anymore. I looked up and saw a bright red umbrella above me. And holding the umbrella was a boy, one that looked like his clone was standing next to him, and another boy was behind them. They just stared at me until I broke the silence with a question.

 

“Why do you have an umbrella over my head?” I asked, I was actually thinking out loud to myself.

 

“You looked cold and wet.” The one holding the umbrella said smiling.

 

“So…?” I replied coldly. Not understanding their intentions.

 

“So we didn’t like that. That’s why!” The similar looking boy said.

 

“What’s your name?” Asked the boy who was standing behind them.

 

“Min Jee, Kim Min Jee…” I mumbled, hoping they didn’t hear.

 

“Min Jee? What a pretty name!” He replied.

 

“Well Min Jee-ah, would you like to come over to our house and play?” Asked the umbrella boy.

 

Why are they being so nice to me?

 

“I have to… do my homework… so I can’t…” I told them.

 

“Well that’s okay! You can do your homework at our house! We’ll help you too!” Umbre

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter