So Much Sangtae So Little Time...

Onhohoho

Even though they aren't actually the ones playing soccer in the chapter... the pic is relevant.



 

“Oh my god Minho-ah!  I’m so sorry!”  Onew exclaimed staring in horror at the mess he had just created before he quickly shoved an excessive amount of napkins in Minho’s hands.  Onew flapped is arms uselessly at his sides, unsure what to do with himself at that moment.  He had just barely stopped himself from attempting to help the younger boy clean up the soda that he had managed to drop into Minho’s lap.  Contrary to what dramas teach you, desperately touching your crushes lap to “help” does not lead to romance; it leads to a restraining order.  So Onew kept his hands to himself, watching helplessly as Minho attempted to wipe the syrupy liquid from his clothes before it could stain.

 

“Hyung it is alright,” Minho said gently, trying to hide his grimace as he continued to sop up as much soda as he could, but the brown stain was beyond obvious.

 

“, that is going to stain,” Onew muttered more to himself that Minho. 

 

“Don’t worry about it hyung.  It’s not that bad,” Minho tried to reassure him once again.

 

“Not that bad?”  Onew deadpanned.  “I just dumped a full cup of soda on you!  You are going to have to sit in soaking wet pants for the rest of the day!  And it is entirely my fault!  Of course it is bad!”

 

“I’m sure it will dry in no time,” Minho mumbled, reaching for more napkins.

 

Onew jumped up suddenly, his horrorstricken face changing to excitement.  “I have an idea!  I’ll be right back Minho-ah,” and with that Onew was out of his seat at heading back towards the concession stands.

 

Onew reprimanded himself as he made his way towards the merchandise tables.  To be honest, it was kind of Minho’s fault that Onew had clumsily dropped the drink.  Onew couldn’t be held responsible for the fact that every nerve ending in his body jumped into high gear whenever Minho so much as looked at him.  It was definitely not Onew’s fault that Minho had startled him by actually speaking without being spoken to first.  It was really only logical that he would have (quite literally) jumped in his chair, dropping the drink in surprise. 

 

The crowd had thinned considerable since that match was about to start so it didn’t take him long to find what he was looking for.  He quickly grabbed a pair of black sweatpants from the rack.  They were simple, only displaying the FC Seoul logo across the thigh but otherwise plain.  On a whim he also grabbed a jersey as well.  The red and black stripes were eye-catching to say the least but he figured that Minho would like it considering how much he liked soccer.  Beside, Onew felt he owed it to the younger boy since he just ruined his outfit.  It most definitely had nothing to do with the fact that Onew was completely infatuated with him and had the urge to shower him with gifts.  That was most certainly not the reason at all.    

 

He quickly paid for his purchase, internally cringing at the price as he handed the money over, and quickly made his way back towards their seats. 

 

“Here,” Onew said, a satisfied smile on his face as he all but shoved the shopping bag into Minho’s face.

 

Minho took the bag rather hesitantly, peaking inside before looking up at Onew in wonder.  “Hyung you didn’t have to do that.”

 

“Yes I did!  Now go change.  I know you don’t want to miss any of the game,” Onew said, happy that he could do something to fix the catastrophe he had caused.

 

“Alright, thank you,” Minho said rather quietly before heading towards the bathroom to change.

 

Onew settled back into his seat, moving anything he could possibly spill far from his own reach before trying to focus on the match that had just begun.  He had no idea what was going on.  There was just a sea of red and blue jerseys running around on the field.  All he knew was that he was supposed to be cheering for the red team, and he only knew that because of the jersey he had just purchased.

 

It had only been a few minutes into the game and he could feel himself zoning out, his eyes glazing over as his thoughts drifted towards more interesting things, things like Minho’s face.

 

Onew was in the process of mentally mapping out Minho’s nose when he felt a tap on his shoulder, jerking him out of his daydream and causing him to jump in surprise once again.  Thankfully he didn’t have anything in his hands to dump on Minho a second time.  Onew looked up with a bashful smile before taking one look at Minho and erupting into a fit of giggles.

 

“You look like such a fanboy right now,” Onew said, still laughing at Minho’s outfit.

 

Minho smiled, blushing a bit.  “You’re the one who picked them out hyung.”

 

Onew attempted to settle his laughter, “well I didn’t have a whole lot of options.  So, sorry.”

 

“What did I miss?”  Minho asked as he sat down, nodding his head towards the field.

 

“Nothing much,” Onew replied, honestly having no idea what had happened in the soccer game. 

 

“Who scored?”

 

“Ummm the blue team,” Onew replied stupidly.

 

“The blue team?”  Minho said, a note of disbelief in his voice.  “Hyung you don’t really follow soccer do you?”

 

“Not really,” Onew muttered, not wanting to embarrass himself further.

 

Minho smiled gently, “well would you like me to explain it to you?”

 

Onew glanced at Minho to confirm that he was being serious before nodding.

 

“Well the red team, as I think you already know, is FC Seoul and the blue team is Incheon United and this is a very important game for the conference.”

 

It appeared Minho’s shyness about talking vanished whenever sports were involved and soon Onew found himself waist-deep in a conversation--more like monologue-- about the technical rules regarding “off sides” and couldn’t bring himself to interrupt the younger and explain that he had no clue what that even meant.

 

Onew just continued to smile and nod as Minho gave him a play-by-play of the game.  Soon he realized that the more Minho began to open up to him the more comfortable he became around the younger boy as well.  Maybe, despite the soda fiasco, they had a real chance of getting along.

 


So... kind of a double update.

Just took a few hours in between posts!  XD

Also, I now know far more than I ever needed to about Korean soccer leagues...  Oh the things I read on wikipedia for my fanfics...

Poor Onew, he is just so nervous and it is making his sangtae worse... :(

I really wish this were from Minho's pov sometimes so we could see his reaction to the pants. 

Because the pants are always relevant.  And we all know Minwhore has some feels about those bad boys...

 

Also, i'll try to edit more later.