Conniving Little SHINee boys...

Onhohoho

 

 

"Alright here are the keys to the storage closet.  Make sure you lock it when you are done and always keep the first aid kit stocked and on hand.  You might have to help some of the players occasional putting of patches or fetching ice for them, nothing major though.  So here is the key to the ice machine in the cafeteria just in case you need it.  But really you just need to keep up with the waters during practice and games, put the equipment away and clean after practice.  I think that's about it, any questions?" the coach said, smiling kindly at him. 

 

"I think I got it," Onew replied, smiling nervously because he honestly had no idea about what the coach had just said.  He had been rambling for twenty minutes about conditioning the players, running ‘wall drills’ and planning one-on-one practice sessions.  Onew was getting more and more uneasy about all of this.  How could he be the manager when he honestly didn’t even know how many players were allowed to be on the court at once.   

 

"Great!  Well I'll see you tomorrow then.  Welcome to the basketball team," the older man said, clapping Onew on the back and leading him towards the door.  

 

Onew stumbled out of the office, still a little shell-shocked from all the information when he found Jonghyun outside in the hallway waiting for him. 

 

"How did it go hyung?" 

 

"You are looking at the new manager of the basketball team!"  Onew responded with a tentative smile. 

 

"Congratulations!  I wish I could see the look on Minho’s face when you show up during practice.  Poor kid won't know what hit him," Jonghyun said with a laugh. 

 

"You make me sound like a stalker.  I probably won't even get to talk to him, he is going to be practicing and I'll be doing… manager things,” Onew responded.

 

"How are you going to be able to focus when Minho is running around in those tiny shorts, sweating all over the place and rough housing with other guys right in front of you?"  Jonghyun chide.

 

Onews eyes got wide, "I never thought about that!  This sounds more and more like torture!" 

 

Jonghyun burst out laughing at Onew’s reaction, "Calm down hyung.  Just remember, whenever you are rubbing cooling cream on some random guy's back that Minho will be watching and burning with jealousy."

 

"That doesn't make me feel better at all!  I don't want to touch anyone!"  Onew practically screeched.

 

"Maybe you will get lucky and Minho will need your helpful little fingers, then you can touch him all you want!"  Jonghyun said, still laughing. 

 

"I don't even want to think about that," Onew responded with a shudder.

 

"Just don't get hard during practice hyung.  That would be mortifying for you and I would never let you live it down,” Jonghyun responded with a playful smirk. 

 

"Oh shut up,” Onew replied, blushing at the very thought. 

 

"It is a very real possibility hyung,” Jonghyun responded seriously. 

 

"Hey Jong,” Onew interjecting randomly, “Not to change the subject or anything, but can you teach me about basketball?  I don't want them to figure out how much I don't know about sports."

 

"Wow hyung.  You are kind of adorable sometimes,” Jonghyun said, laughing as he tried to ruffle Onew’s hair.  “Sure, we can have a crash course tonight.” 

 

"Okay, but it will have to be late, I have to go shopping with Taemin and Key again before Phase Three.”

 

"Do I even want to know what Phase Three means?”

 

"Tutoring Taemin.” 

 

"How does this help you get Minho again?” 

 

"Because now that I have basketball every day I will be tutoring Taemin at his house after practice.” 

 

"Wow.  Smart.” 

 

"I know right? It was Taemin’s idea.” 

 

"I think I like this Taemin kid.  Well call me and I'll stop by tonight,” Jonghyun said as they exited the school and neared the bus station.

 

"Okay, you can stay over if you want,” Onew said.

 

"Hyung save that line for Minho, not me,” Jonghyun remarked, dodging Onew’s arm that was aimed at his head. 

 

"Idiot.” 

 

"Love you too hyung! See you tonight.” 

 

~~~

 

"Thanks for all your help Key.  I really appreciate it," Onew said as the three of them neared the mall once again.

 

Key smiled, obviously flattered by Onew’s attitude.  "Come on Onew hyung, let's find you some clothes that Minho can't help but stare at." 

 

"Key, ummm, don't get mad at me okay, but can we stay away from the bright colors and stuff?  It isn't really me and it might be distracting when I'm at practice,” Onew said, shrinking back in fear that the younger boy would get offended. 

 

However Key seemed to be in a good mood so he simply rolled his eyes but relented.

 

Onew soon found himself once again locked on a dressing room with Key throwing outfit after outfit over the door for him. 

 

"Key I said no colored pants!”  Onew groaned in frustration. 

 

"You said no bright colored pants.  Those are pastel.  Huge difference,” Key snapped back.  

 

"Oh whatever.”

 

"Just try them on, it goes great with your skin tone,” Key prodded. 

 

Onew grumbled to himself but complied, Key had been right about the last pair of pants, he could give these green monstrosities a chance as well. 

 

"Oh hyung I like those," Taemin said, blatantly staring at Onew’s legs. 

 

Onew shifted uncomfortably. “Do they look okay?" 

 

"They aren't very tight but they do fit you quite well," Key replied, studying him intently. 

 

"Well what about those brown ones?"  Onew asked hopefully.

 

"They looked like cargo pants, so not this decade,” Key remarked flippantly.

 

"But they looked like stylish cargo pants,” Onew countered hopefully.  

 

Key glared.

 

"Please Key!  They were so comfortable!”  Onew begged shamelessly. 

 

"Oh fine.  It's your money anyway.  Now we need to find you some shirts.  How opposed are you to going sleeveless?  Because you arms are actually quite nice.” 

 

"Well, it's autumn, so very opposed?"  Onew replied meekly. 

 

“What ever happened to suffering for fashion?”  Key muttered.

 

"Taemin help.  You would know better this anyone; Minho doesn't care about this kind of stuff. Right?”  Onew pleaded. 

 

“Key let's just keep it simple on top, Onew hyung isn't terribly adventurous, he probably couldn't pull it off anyway,” Taemin said with a smirk. 

 

"I would be offended by that statement but I see that purple sequin shirt under there, so not happening,” Onew said, glaring at the younger boy.  

 

"Oh fine!  But you are buying the green pants too.  No argument,” Key agreed reluctantly.  

 

Onew nodded, accepting the pile of normal looking shirts without complaint. 

 

The rest of the trip went without incident; Key was significantly happier with Onew’s compliant attitude after the pants issue and showered the older boy in compliments the longer they stayed at the mall.

 

All in all it had been a productive and almost enjoyable shopping trip with Key.

 

"Bye Key," Taemin called before turning to Onew, "Hyung why don't we run by your house and drop off your clothes and then go over to mine."

 

"Taemin, are you sure we should we go through with this?  He is going to be so mad at me isn't he?"  Onew’s self-conscious attitude taking over and he nervously pulled at the strings of his hoodie, staring at his feet as they made their way down the sidewalk.

 

"Maybe.  He will be more mad at me though so don't worry,” Taemin replied nonchalantly.   

 

"That doesn't make me feel any better.  I get why he doesn't want to date anyone.  Maybe I should just respect that,” Onew mumbled, feeling more and more reluctant with every step. 

 

"Trust me hyung, he likes you.  He is just scared.  He is only mad because he thinks he can't have you and yet you keep popping up everywhere in his life.  Don't quit now.  It will all work out, you'll see,” Taemin said wisely, his tone b with self-confidence. 

 

“If you say so.  I just don't want him to hate me,” Onew said sadly.  He honestly felt a little guilty for doing this to Minho. 

 

Taemin laughed, “Hyung, you bring out a lot of feelings in Minho hyung, but hate is definitely not one of them.”

 


Jongyu is sneaky

And Taekey keep picking out y pants for my bb

Poor poor Minho...

 

So yeah... I know next to nothing about basketball.  This is potentially problematic. 

Also, I thought I had already edited this and had it all ready to go, I was wrong.  So I will try to go over it again later because there must be tons of typos.